Weight Watchers - 2nd week of April, 2011

Did Rhythmic Step today. Whew! I weighed myself today, and I have been approximately the same weight it seems forever. I lost a pound in one week.

Stacy, I did miss understand you.:( I'm sorry. My problem is I have a hard time sticking to a program, I'm only hoping I can stick with this one.:confused:

Shereta, Great job on LIC and earning 13 Aps. Good for you! So people can still do WW without a subscription. I was hoping so. Am I being too frugal/cheap here? I suppose I am. I've been in NC briefly and I have to tell ya, wished I could have stayed longer to see some sites. Very interesting state. Thank you for the vote of confidence with WW.:)

Take care everyone and stay well.

Janie

Group! New scale came in. It may not be as far off from my old one as I had feared.....we'll see on Sunday!

I am rocking some all over DOMS from Lauren Brooks....wow. I hurt in places I have never hurt before, LOL!

Diana - I only have Lauren Brooks Vol. 1 and the little Gin Miller DVD that came with my pretty little purple girly 10lb. kettlebell. I've been looking at the AOS clips and thinking...whew! killer workouts! I've also done some thread searches and there are great conversations about different instructors....and Cupcake....pretty funny. I enjoy his/her reviews.

I just did the step-only premix for Intensity and, to quote Roseanne Roseannadanna....I thought I was gonna die! Awesome!

Janie - Ugh, I loathe moving and moving furniture! Good on you to get it done!

Shereta - Good luck going it on your own. I'm considering cancelling too and moving all my info to SparkPeople and trying to work within some BFFM guidelines. Trying to reduce the overall body fat.

Better get to the laundry.

My 3 months are up this month, still havent decided if I'll venture out on my own or not yet. I'm leaning towards not cancelling quite yet.

I ate over my DP's today, still have 33 WP's left to last thru Tuesday.

B--cream of wheat
L--carrots, celery, dip, banana
S--4 cookies
D--went out :( chicken tenders w/ chips and salsa

Total points = 45

This afternoon I my doggy Rolly (part chihuahua and terrier) and I went for a brisk walk in the wood for about 30 min. It was beautiful outside and about 54 degrees. Perfect for walking.

Suzanne, Glad you got your new scale. Let us know now it goes for you.
I'm going to have to look up Lauren Brooks. Sounds like she may be a good instructor. Great job on step only premix for Intensity

Stacy, For me, I'm glad you aren't going to venture out yet. I want to sponge up your knowledge of WW as much as I can. Hope you don't mind sharing info with me.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Shereta...nope, no workout. I will definitely do some kind of workout this weekend even if it kills me! Unfortunately it'll be something low-key still. I did find some treadmill workouts online so I thought I'd share...

http://www.familycircle.com/fc/prin...a/fc/story/data/1271270725191.xml&catref=fc74

Janie....I've about shared all my WW knowledge lol, but anything you'd like to know about WW or anything else please ask!

Today is our family Friday Pizza Day, which is a day I always use some of my WP's for. I'm going to enjoy!

Now off to work for a looong day. TGIF.

Hi ladies,

Although I know better, I am weighing daily and that unexpected 3lb gain is already down 2lbs. I'm keeping up with my workouts but am taking an unscheduled rest day today. I had to sit at my desk all day wednesday doing tedious excel stuff and when I finally got up, my back was hurting...and it still is today.

Yesterday I did HSTA in the morning and at lunch did original BC Cardio/Core and coremax 3. I'm hoping to start Insanity this weekend.

Does anyone know the serving size for fruits? It says a 1/2 C=1 Serving What about a banana? Is a whole banana considered 1 or 2 servings?

No time for personals, heading off to work.

Happy Friday!!!!

Hey, Ladies. Diana, I think all fruit is 0. But, I started giving 2 fruits 1pp. If its a large banana, I would give it a 1. JMHO.

No workout for me today. I overslept and just decided to give myself a mental health day. But, I do have a 3 mile run/walk and part of KPC on tap for tomorrow.

Joey and I did TBS (as usual:rolleyes:) using heavy weight. We also did an ab work of Ab Hits and stretched. Later today I plan on a hurried walk, and my little dog too. First though, I'm going in the hot tub with my Kindle and continue reading one of my many books. I do have another question on WW. How do you earn Activity points? Is there a formula to use? Also like Diana asked; When do you count points with fruit? Since I walked fast yesterday for 30 min. I added 3 points and added that onto my 29 points, my total points were 32. Sure hope that was OK. I never thought I would want more to eat than 29 points. Hmmmmm.

Stacy, The site you referred to for treadmill workouts didn't work. Would love to see it, if you don't mind trying it again. Do enjoy/have fun with that wonderful sounding Pizza and your family.

Diana, I would weigh myself everyday as you, if I gained weight too. Congratulations for taking care of it right away. You are a good inspiration. Enjoy your rest day and take care of that back. If you have a foam roller, it does magic on your back. Great job yesterday on HSTA and BC Cardio/Core and coremax 3. Good choice on your decision to start up Insanity.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone,

Janie

Last edited:
Janie, that's a good question. Since I'll be following WWers on my own, I have no idea how to figure my APs. I guess I'll have to go back to using my HRM. But, even with that, what's the formula? help!

Editing to say: I was searching the WWers forums and noticed a couple people divide their total calories burned by 80 and go with that number for their APs. I'll gonna give that a try starting tomorrow.

Last edited:
http://www.familycircle.com/fc/prin...a/fc/story/data/1271270725191.xml&catref=fc74

If copying and pasting that site doesnt work for the treadmill workouts then I'm out of ideas :(

From what I was reading on AP's....there is an "internal" formula that WW's uses based on your own personal stats you entered into the site when you joined, which makes me wonder when you lose weight, is that automatically figured in??

Janie, the WW site has some workouts/types of workouts listed with a specific amount of points, but it also lets you use choose to enter in the total number of minutes of exercise plus the degree of intensity, which is the way I do it.

I'm fairly close to my goal weight/ideal weight so I'm guessing that's why I dont tend to earn many AP's. It takes me "60 minutes of low intensity cardio, ie. walking" to earn only 3 AP's, which is why I dont use them with my total DP's. I'm afraid it'd be too easy for me to "out eat" my AP's.

Happy Saturday, Ladies. Today's workout was 2 miles on treadmill and 30 min of KPC. The intensity of KPC was off the chain. I earned 10 APs total. I'm training for a 10K on Thanksgiving day. So, I've incorporated running/walking on Saturdays for this month. Next month, I'll add more.

Guess what? I fell during KPC. I have different shoes for running, weight training and cardio. Well, since I already had my running shoes on, I didn't switch them when I started KPC. As I was thinking, "These shoes definitely feel different. Id better be careful.", instead of stepping to the side, the sole of my left foot dragged the carpet and down I went. I just let the fall happen, gave myself a quick assessment, got up and kept going. We'll see how I feel later.

Hey, Stacy, I'm the opposite of you. I'm so far from goal that almost all my workouts end up being high intensity because I'm huffing the whole time. Even as I've gotten stronger, I push myself as much as I can to ensure I get as many aps as possible. Like today, I burned 793 calories. That divided by 80 is 9.9.

Menu:
b. grapes
s. Eggs, FF cheese
l. croissant, chicken salad, chips
s. yogurt, peanuts, apple
d. chicken ,green beans
total: 37

Alright, Ladies, what's shaking today?

Hope no damage is done from your fall Shereta!!! Yikes! A 10K is awesome!! Do you have a specific running plan or are you making it up as you go along? There are alot of plans online.

Yesterday's pizza day was not a total disaster, lol. I ended with 35 points. I still have 26 WP's to last thru Tuesday, so I'm feeling pretty good about that.

I do have a workout on the agenda today, but something low impact, maybe a walk on the treadmill or an old Charlene Prickett workout. Tomorrow I will do weights and abs.

Eating today...

B--6 points

No meals planned yet for the rest of the day. I'll report back later!

I walked for 55 min on the treadmill....2 AP :(

B--Jimmy Dean D-Lite breakfast bowl (6 PP)
L--(on the run) a bagel...(10 PP, wow!)
S--almonds, celery, carrots, dip (3 PP)

So I'm at 21 PP and I havent eaten dinner yet...I have about 6 WP's I can add on today if need be. Not sure what I'll have...I'm hungry, not much food here and I don't feel like cooking. I've gotta be careful!

What's everyone else up to today??

Stacy, I've been busy all day. I mean - all day. Now that I'm checking in again, I remember that I did fall this morning. I didnt even tell DH yet - cause I forgot. wow. So Im feeling no damage yet. If it will happen, it should be in a day or two. Those blasted running shoes. You know they're 1/2 size too big as recommended. I feel like dumbo when I walk in them, but not when I run in them. I guess I'll keep them. I'm giving them the evil eye right now. lol

I ran a 10k last thanksgiving day at 1:19.59. I only had 4 1/2 weeks training. This year I'm starting now. I'm hoping for 1:10 or better. I was 12 pounds heavier then. This year, I should be 50 lighter.

I've looked at several running programs online. But most start 10-12 weeks out. So, for the next 2 months or so, I'm just gonna do walk/runs on the treadmill. I know I need to start out slow to avoid shin splints. Next month, I'll take my run/walks outside. Our neighborhood is hilly so that'll be interesting. After that, I'll start running 3 times a week. One day will be easy, long distance, one day of speed drills and one day I'll do a 5K run for speed only. So, I guess you can say, I'm making it up as I go.

Are you a runner? How does my plan sound?

Hi, Shereta, glad you're feeling no pain! Your plan sounds really good! I'm not a runner but I do run if that makes sense, but only on the treadmill, my knees cant take the impact of the cement outdoors. I've read some on running programs though and browsed thru a few books over the years.

Well dinner was a burger, but no fries and I loaded the burger with mushrooms, onions and lettuce and no cheese, to make it more filling. I ended the day with 34 DP, so not bad considering.

I have 21 WP's to last me 3 days so I figure I can eat 29 + 7 for 36 PP's the next 3 days before my weigh-in and still break even on points. The tough part will be tomorrow at my niece's bday party. I dont know the menu but I"m sure it'll be kid food and of course cake.

I'm itching to do a weight workout tomorrow! I checked my calendar today and it had been 13 days since I have done a workout of any kind! Maybe I'll do an upper body premix from PushPull/Supersets....decisions, decisions!

Shereta, I'd like to thank you for calling attention to the fact that the check-in has been slow and maybe even ending it. I know others on here are busy and that is totally fine but for me personally I wasn't checking in b/c I wasnt sticking to the plan. I'm glad I've gotten back to posting and counting points and being accountable!! SO thanks again for the wake up call!!

Yesterday I took care of one of my grandsons all day. I ate what I wanted and didn't write it down.:( Didn't prepare for that day. Today I'm back on track, but still no exercise during the weekend. We like it like that.

Stacy, thank you for the site hook up. It was really good info to have. Also Thank you for investigating the AP's for me. Glad your pizza day was a success. Great job on 55 min. of treadmill and on your eating the last couple of days. Hope you do OK with the party.

Shereta, Great job 2 miles on the treadmill and 30 min. of KPC. Do be careful and don't fall anymore.:confused: You poor thing. Your plan for the Thanksgiving 10 K is fantastic! Sounds like you are so much more ready than last year. Love your plan of attach in getting ready for that big day. Good for you.

Take care you two,

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.