Weight Watchers - 1st week of May, 2011

goodmorning girls..
I have been deligently tracking all my food on ww online :D
(ok its only been 3 days but hey better than nothing right?)
I have 29 p a day to eat and sometimes i don't make it all the way..Ias it just me but if you eat fruits and veggies all day long you are pretty good to go?
this am
chobani 4p
almonds (10) 2p
banana 0p I have a hard time with that one being 0 points but i will see when i weigh myself next week...this is my first official week

plan for today is either hi-reps or drill max followed by some cardio (i have a big break at work today from 10-1:30) depends really if i can do drill max in my office..space wise...have never done it before.

I am totally psyched these days..I have fallen in love with the ww 1 point veggie soup...tasty and filling

hope you all have a great day and i'll check in later:D

Today's workout was LowMax. I wake up in the morning aching like an old person. Okay, I know I know I'm 45 1/2. But, still, that's not old. But, I did work out and truly, LowMax is not my fav workout. But it was on Cathe's may rotation, so I did it. i earned 9APs.

Planned menu
b. 3 eggs, coffee - 8
s. yogurt, apple - 2
l. rice, broc, salmon 10
s. apple, bar - 5
d. salad, chicken breast, bar - 10
35 total -- I have eaten over my planned PPs everyday. it's all been healthy stuff though and I have 17 WPs left for the week.

I'll be eating less carbs soon, too. I have to finish the things that I have now.

Congrats on the weight loss, Stacy. I too think we posted at the same time yest. I didn't see yours until I posted mine. And KickMax should've been called Kickyoselftojellolegs. lol

Shereta

Work is truly going to wear me out soon, too many long hours, I'm just plain mentally and physically tired. I did end up going out to dinner, ate a little more than planned, but not as much as I wanted!

B--oatmeal with almonds (4)
L--string cheese and 1/2 an apple (1)
D--lobster tail, asparagus, 1/2 the serving of roasted potatoes, had 2 onion rings as an appetizer, and 1/3 of the creme brule (Hubby ate the majority of it!) Normally I wouldve had a bigger appetizer, plus the bread&butter, eaten ALL of the potatoes and had my own separate dessert

Didnt count points today.

I've thought alot about counting points and trying to "save" WP's for certain things and I think that's what got me a bit burnt out. I was always thinking in how many points I had left for the week or for this or that and it was stressing me out. I'm not going to think in terms of WP's as much. I'm going to take each day as it comes, try my best to eat btwn 29-36 PP (that's my DP + 7 since my WP's are 49, so 7 per day), and on days like today where it's harder to count points, just make good decisions and always try to improve! I know in the end it's still about the same number of points as what I have been doing, just the thought process is different and for me it's less mentally taxing. I know I sound crazy!

Tomorrow I'm going to workout in the morning, with a "Just Do It" attitude.

hey Stacy you were just having a bad day! you have the right attitude...just do it:D

Yesterday i didn't do the drill max since my legs felt like lead so I did a high reps and then the muscular endurance in the evening. I usually go for a walk after dinner but it has been pouring rain all week...nothing like depressing rain to put a wrench in your plans! I was supposed to do cardio but just couldn't get into it at all yeasterday..

I kept within my 29 points but ate 3 cookies:( and had to dip into my activity points...

Today is a new day and I will not dip into my activity point if possible. I know there is ice cream cake for mothersday and I have been saving everything for that on Sunday! so far I have 49 points accumulate between my bonus ones and the activity ones....maybe I can eat the whole thing:eek:

I'll check in later on...

Cheer up Stacy a new day has come...we start from the top!

Happy Thursday, ladies. No workout this morning cause I overslept. I should get my 2-3 mile run in after dinner.

Planned menu:
b. oatmeal
s. snack bar
l. salad
s. apple, bar
d. chicken breast, small baked potatoe, corn

Eating only half my APs is not working. I have no more Wps left for the week, but I'm feeling slimmer this morning. So, that makes me happy.

Shereta

I got my workout done! I did the calves and core section from 4 Day Split then a 32 min ride on the recumbent bike doing the interval program. I was sweating my butt off!

B--low cal OJ + 1/2 a Bagel Thin w/ low fat cream cheese (3)

Off to another grueling day at the office :(

Hi ladies,

Sorry for the long absence! Been sick, traveling, and crazy busy at work, and next thing I know, it's been weeks since I've checked in, ack! I am still alive though :).

Weight has been stable lately, which isn't such a bad thing, I guess (certainly, it's better than gaining LOL). But it's still stuck at 6-7 pounds above where I'd like to be, so hello plateau.

Hey everyone. CrazyBuzy week. Should be used to it by now.....

Still playing around with Cathe's nutrition. Keeping my total calories between 1200 and 1484.

Today I had:

hi fiber hot cereal / raisins / coconut oil
ww tortilla / taco meat / lettuce / guacamole
spaghetti w meat sauce / nutritional yeast / glass of wine (if we have any, LOL)
carrots / hummus / multigrain chips

I did a segment of stretchmax. I am wiped, wiped, wiped out. But I have been working out nicely. Doing yahd'n'gahden work (for us New Englanders). Walked a couple of miles super-fast in the city to catch a Red Sox game the other night.

Stacy! Good work on the workout!

Last edited:
Hey Ladies, sorry I haven't been around much, but with work, kids and vacation next week I am stretched pretty thin lately. (And mentally I am already on vacation that doesn't start for 5 more days, making it especially tough!)

Stacy, I hear you on being burnt out! I have been meticulously tracking and diligently exercising since Monday March 7 and I am sick of it right now. I gave up chocolate and alcohol, have worked out 5-6 days a week (with the exception of 1 week--did 3), burning a minimum of 300 kcals, but usually 400-600 or more and have lost a measly 6lbs. I am SICK, SICK, SICK, to death of killing myself, watching, counting, weighing and obesessing over everything I eat! I am taking a break starting next week for my vacation and am just trying to last until the weigh-in for my work challenge. Unfortunately, they moved the weigh-in to next monday instead of tomorrow :mad:

I am going to make good choices, but I am leaving the tracker at home! When I come back, I am starting STS fresh and know that I will feel re-energized, but right now I am just DONE! Ok--mini-rant is over. Sorry you all had to see that! ;)

I am thinking I need some new workouts to change things up. Any opinions on Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, or Zumba? Just looking for something a little different, as I find myself reaching for the same Cathe workouts over and over (IMAX's, HIIT, Intensity, Terminator, Cardio Fusion, you know the usuals!) Any advice welcome!

Back to work now. Will definately get in a workout later. Maybe High and Lo step from 4DS...

Gianna

I am thinking I need some new workouts to change things up. Any opinions on Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, or Zumba? Just looking for something a little different, as I find myself reaching for the same Cathe workouts over and over (IMAX's, HIIT, Intensity, Terminator, Cardio Fusion, you know the usuals!) Any advice welcome!

Back to work now. Will definately get in a workout later. Maybe High and Lo step from 4DS...

Gianna

Hi gianna
I have turbo fire and although i have not done all of them and do not follow a rotation I do love the HIIT ones...there are 15,20,25,30 HIITS the only one I don't like is the 20 min one.. Cathes are harder (HIIT) however Chaleane is pretty motivating and i do find myself going for them.. you might like..

good morning to the rest of you guys

yesterday was pretty good although it was the first time i didn't earn any points. It was raining so i didn't go for a walk and I didn't feel the love for any dvds...so I will take it as my total rest day!

I am still tracking which is a miracle for me... and keeping within my points.
Tonight will be a test since we have a spaghetti dinner. I still have all my bonus points and activity points so I should be ok..

Gianna, no apologies for your "rant', that's what we're here for! We're in this together! Take the break you need, no shame in that! I'm into my second week of STS, but only doing the upper body workouts. So far so good! I dont have any of the workouts you mentioned, but when I dont do Cathe workouts I will reach for Jillan, KCM or lately some of Patrick Goudeau's latest workouts.

I didnt track on Wed or Thurs. Thurs I had popcorn, burger & fries at a baseball game but hardly anything to eat during the day before that (not that that's any justification), but of course lo and behold I'm down another 1/2 lb this morning. I'm hoping for a good weekend so as not to gain back what I've lost this week!

Off to work....

Happy Friday, Ladies. I'm tired today and I didn't even workout yesterday. My throat is scratchy so maybe I'm getting sick or it could be just sinuses.

My workout today was LIC. Everything but Core. I burned 920 calories and earned 12Aps.

Planned menu
B. oatmeal
s. snack bar
l. salad w/chicken breast, cheese, and an apple
s. healthy fries
d. chicken, small baked potatoe, greens
PM workout - 3 miles on treadmill since I missed it yesterday. This will be a slow walk while listening to music. I plan on being in bed by 8pm.

Shereta

TGIF! That's about all I can say!

Stacy-thanks for words of encoursgement. I am anxious to hear about your progress with STS. I am really looking for to starting it myself. So ready for a new routine!

Steph-thank you for the feedback on turbo fire. Really looking for some new cardio. Am considering an STS/Insanity rotation(been a while since I used these bad boys!). Maybe 3 days STS and 4 insanity. Lots of knee stress so I'm not sure.

Shereta-awesome job on the calorie burn. And thanks for understanding the rant!

On a happy note, got a great cut and color done today and am feeling very pretty. Love getting my hair done. Check back tomorrow! Night!

Gianna

Happy Saturday! I've got a busy weekend, but still hope to check in. Unfortunately, my weekend invovles alot of functions with alot of food! I hope to not go overboard. My diet hasnt been the best the past few days due mainly to lack of planning and eating on the run. I wont be discouraged, I'll get thru the weekend best I can and start fresh on Monday!

I'm planning on STS Back/Tri's today and going to tack on 30 min of cardio to help offset my bad diet lately. I'm going to do an abbreviated version of Cathe's 50 min treadmill walk, going to do about 30 minutes and increase the incline by 2 degrees every 5 minutes instead of 10. Tomorrow will be either cardio and abs or yoga, depending on my mood.

Happy Saturday, Ladies. I didnt get on the treadmill yesterday. I was feeling run down. But, I did 2.5 today. All jogging. I've moved on from jogging/walking. I love that I found a pace that I can jog consistently. I burned 566 calories/7APs. Tomorrow's my normal rest day, but I hope to shock my body by doing Muscle max. I might weigh in tomorrow instead of Monday cause I know I'm having dessert tomorrow afternoon.

Don't forget we're almost to the end of week 1 of the July 4th Challenge. Make it a great day, Ladies.

Wow Shereta, that's great you can now jog 2.5 miles! I had gotten up to about 2 before and then my knee was aggravated and never went back to it and with my recent knee issue it'll probably be awhile before I too, but I miss it!

I did my workout as planned (mentioned above) and abs. The last 5 minutes of walking at the 10 degree incline was killer but in a good way!

B--Total cereal w/ flax seed and skim milk (6)
"L"--bag of chips! (7), hubby and I were running errands and he wanted to stop to get a sub and I didnt want anything that big, so only got chips
D--will be pizza (that's my meal I eat guilt-free for the week)

Tomorrow is a Mexican food fest at our house, and luckily I dont spicy food too much so we're also having steak fajitas with grilled veggies so I can load up on the veggies and maybe have that in a bowl without the tortilla. My nemesis will be the chips & salsa and dessert!

Happy Mothers day to all!

Yesterday was great until 7:00pm....drum roll...I have come to the conclusion that I have to eat more protein at lunch...maybe that is why i have been having a cookie attack every night:p

Tomorrow is weigh in day and i am sort of not looking forward to it...i have saved all my extra points for today (ice cream cake) and am worrid about the salt retention weight :( we will see!

have a great day everyone
steph

This is very embarassing but I must confess so I can move on.....yesterday I ate 77 PP's. (Can we say deep dish pizza, holy moly!) Thank goodness I did an hour & 40 min workout yesterday!

Now that Ive confronted that monster I hope I can use that as reminder to take it easy on the points today!

Off to clean my house before company arrives....

I did Power Yoga by Jeanette Jenkins this morning....I highly recommend this one! It moves just fast enough to start to sweat but it's not insane at all, plus it's chaptered well and not just full of endless sun salutations!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.