Weight Watchers - 1st week of May, 2011

story1267

Cathlete
A little shock this morning at the scale. Not a bad one but I wasn't expecting a drop of over a pound. I've been happy with my gradual decrease.

I think part of this may be due to increasing my focus on getting in enough protein...or, at least, more than I had. Also, I think I had zero adult beverages this week.

Jodelle said something thought provoking on another thread I looked at in my travels....imagine every sip of a drink as taking a little sip of sugar.

I'm not going to eliminate my beverages but they will definitely remain a treat rather than a daily habit.

How's everyone else? Gorgeous morning up here! Hope everyone's ok.

good morning everyone...tomorrow is weight day...drumm roll...
I has an okay day yesterday considering it was a weekend and i have pms and i am addicted to chocolate...only 2 herseys kisses for me..yeah!
I joined WW online but my biggest problem is actually logging in my food stuff. I am seriously going to do this starting monday... my first official weight day...
dso thats my goal for this week...
actually logging in my food intake.
btw how much do cathes dvds track in the pp prgram in general??

have a great day

It's been a rough weekend and I'm ready to start the 4th of July challenge tomorrow! I'm contemplating changing my weigh in day from Wednesday to Monday but havent decided yet. Maybe I'll do both!

I need to start logging my food too, that is really what helped me to stay on track when I first started WW.

Steph, for me I use how many minutes/intensity to track my Cathe workouts. I dont count the warmup or cool down minutes just the core workout. I judge my "intensity" as my "perceived exertion". For me, I only get about 2-3 points per Cathe workout which isnt much so (and I think Ive mentioned this before), I dont count any of my workout points as allowable food points, it'd be too easy to "out eat" my workout. I use only my DP's and WP's. That seemed to work very well when I was actually tracking!

When I track workouts, the place where it says "Enter Activity" I just put in anything, ie, walking, so that it'll put me to the next screen where at the bottom it lets you Add An Activity, (cant figure out how to get to that screen any other way!) that's where I'll just type in my Cathe workout name, how many minutes of core workout time I spent and that day's intensity/perceived level of exertion to get my Points. I played around with other ways to get the points but that seemed to me the most honest.

Hey, Ladies. No workout yesterday or today. I too am getting ready for the Jul 4th challenge. I think I'll start using only half of my APs and all of my DPs and WPs.

Someone mentioned trying to get into the WWers AP screen. There is a little tab right above where you enter your food in. I think it says 'activity". That will put the AP screen in front of the food screen. Hope that makes sense. You can go back and forth by hitting either tab.

Hey, Shereta I think using half your AP's is a cool idea. With regard to the Activity page/tab. I can get to the one you're referring to, I'm talking about a page within/after that tab where it'll let you type in your activity, minutes and intensity and it'll calculate a AP value for you based on what you type in.

That tab should be right behind the one on the left where you can calculate a food item .

Here are my 10 things to hellp me stay focused:

1. Meditate everyday
2. Plan workouts and food daily
3. eat 7-9 fruits and veggies
4. in bed by 9:30
5. water intake 10-12 glasses daily
6. eat clean 90%
7. eat 4-5 mini-meals daily
8. Avoid talking alot about weightloss
9. workout daily - even for 30 minutes
10. Think "this is the healthy me" Not 'I'm on a diet'

Last edited:
Happy Sunday everyone! Had a great, but busy weekend here with family visiting for the weekend. All in all a great time, especially for the kids--I actually fell asleep today for about an hour. I cannot recall the last time I took a nap. I have gone over on my points this week, but I tracked everything I've eaten. I have been consistent in my workouts, so hopefully I will just maintain.

I am definately up for the 4th of july challenge, so count me in! I have decided to visit my college for homecoming this year in October. Haven't been back in 15 years, and I will be seeing alot of old friends. I am really motivated to look my best. Now that I have gotten some weight off, I am going to try the 3 month STS rotation and try and firm up. I was at the same weight a couple of years ago and was smaller and tighter, but I was doing alot more weight work. So, I need to get back to it and think STS will be great. (I tried it before, but was frustrated because I was not dropping any weight, so I gave up!)

Right now I can only think of one thing that helps me stay focused and the that is tracking everything I eat. Talk to you all later.

Gianna

ARE YOU UP FOR THE CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!!!

We've got 9 weeks to transform our bodies and minds....ok, that sounds ilke an infomercial!!

My best success is when I tracked AND stayed within my points. My biggest obstacle is dinner time and not snacking, especially when I get home. I rarely have time for breakfast and lunch doesnt always happen either, so I'm usually ravenous when I get home!

I've weighed in today (Wednesday is my "official" day)

Gianna....I'm doing the 3 month STS too!! I'm doing my own leg work, last week was my first week however the only workouts I did were the 2 upper body workouts, that's it, no legs, no cardio, no abs, work and life in general was a bit too hectic.

I plan on doing Week 2 Chest/Sh/Biceps today plus abs or maybe a walk on the treadmill, havent decided but I will do something!!

Alright, Yall. It seems that we're geared up for the July 4th Challenge.

My workout today was the Firms Total Body Time Crunch. Good little 45 min workout. I earned APs.

B. oatmeal, 1 egg - 5
s. yogurt, pecans - 5
l. salad, chicken breast, grapes - 6
s. snack bar - 4
d. soup, cheese, greens, chicken breast - 7
s. popcorn - 3
Total: 30 (wow, this seems like a lot of food)

Good morning ladies..
so i did my first official ww weigh in today and my goal for the 4th july challange is 10 pounds..
I will try my hardest to track my points...very hard for me
not eat anything besides a fruit after dinner and try not to use my ap points..

have a great day girls
I am making the veggie soup tonight and hopefully i'll like it

salad is on the menu for lunch with maybe some almonds or tune:D

Hello ladies--glad to see we are all up for the challenge! I am trying to decide on a workout right now. i need a calorie killer-so I am leaning towards Cardio Fusion. Did Mix and Max on friday and burded over 700 calories!!!! Really need a repeat of that. Weigh-in is this friday for work and I am nervous.

My goal for the 4th is 6lbs (hopefully more). I will be starting the STS 3 month in about 2 weeks, after I get back from vacation. Stacy, I will be a few weeks behind you, but am interested to hear about your results. I am definately going to take measurements this time, too! Because of my schedule, I will do a weight workout on Sat and Sun, and one during the week, but not everyother day as recommended. Really looking forward to it!

Hope everyone enjoys their monday. Good weather has finally arrived here and just in the nick of time, too!

Gianna

Ok ladies I had ZERO m&m's today!!!

I'll check back later with my workout...

B--almonds (4)
L--yogurt, carrots, celery (3)
S--1/2 cup popcorn (1)
D--I tried a recipe from a recent Cooking Light magazine called Seared Scallops and Cauliflower Puree, with some julienne'd veggies on the side, it was no pizza but the recipe was pretty decent (7)
S--sugar free Jello pudding (2)

Total Points today...so far only 17 DP's, I still have 12 left! This hasnt happened in awhile. After my workout if I"m hungry I'll probably have a bowl of oatmeal (3)

July 4th Goal....would LOVE to be down about 9 lbs (1 lb per week) but I'll be happy with 5-6 lbs as I tend to lose slower the closer I get to goal weight.

Is anyone pre-ordering Cathe's newest??

I had a postworkout drink...3 PP

Total for the day...20 PP. I know I'm supposed to use all my points but I'm not hungry.

I did Mesocycle 1, Week 2 Chest/Sh/Bi's

My tentative workout schedule...

Tues...cardio and abs
Wed...legs (maybe Barre)
Thurs...STS ba/tri's
Fri...rest
Sat...cardio and abs
Sun...yoga

I'm so proud of myself. I did eat 4 points more than I planned, but it was good stuff. I ended the day with 35.

Yes, I pre-ordered. I say I won't but I always do.

Oh, I'm aiming for 1.5 - 2 lbs per week weight loss. That's what I did the 1st month of WWers, so I'm going back to lots of good foods and very little junk.

I'm doing Cathe's May rotation. So tomorrow its KPC.
Shereta

Yet another update..had oatmeal with almonds....4 PP

Total: 24 PP

This is the first time I didnt pre-order, not sure if I'm interested in some of the workouts and I want to see how knee friendly these new workouts will be.

Does anyone know you can change your weigh-in day at the WW site??

Hi everyone!

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well and we're all ready for the 4th of July challenge! I prefer setting action goals rather than how much weight I'd like to lose, since that's not directly in my control and my slow rate of loss can be a source of huge frustration for me. Anyway, in addition to the 3 goals of my plan which I've already shared, I'd like to add one more for this challenge. That is not to snack on anything directly from the box/package/pan/whatever without first sitting down, portioning some out, and using a plate/bowl/utensil. I have a bad habit of just grabbing a few crackers or cereal or just grabbing a tiny piece of brownie here or there and those calories just add up.

Quick report of my weekend: Friday and Saturday I was out of town enjoying a quick weekend getaway with my sister-in-law and mom. It was so much fun! We stayed in a hotel and enjoyed spending time together talking, eating out, and, of course, shopping! I am thrilled to report that I actually got up early to workout at 6am on Friday morning since I was leaving right after work and that would be only chance. Then, drumroll please: I worked out at the hotel (to an exercise video I brought) on Saturday morning. It felt so good and helped to offset the splurge I had on Friday night with two rolls and a cup of potato soup at O’Charley’s. We ate a Cracker Barrel on Saturday and I had a grilled chicken salad with no dressing. I worked out 6 times last week for a total of four hours and 49 minutes! Not bad, especially considering how busy my week was.

My official weigh-in day was yesterday and I lost 0.4 lbs so essentially no change. I did have a 2.6 lb loss last week so I'm not too discouraged, but I'll admit it is tough to work so hard and not see much in the way of results. I keep hoping I'll see a decent drop on the scale soon.

happy Tuesday Ladies. And it is a Happy Tuesday for me as I'm wearing a top that I bought two years ago and am just now able to fit into it perfectly. and the pants I'm wearing are very comfortable. Normally, I cant button them at the waist, but today they are so comfy. Ive already said no to donuts and oj. Yeah.

My workout was 48 minutes of KPC. I earned 7APs.

Planned menu:
b. oatmeal, egg - 5
s. yogurt, pecans - 5
l. salad, ch. breast, cheese, croutons, dressing - 11
s. apple, bar - 4
d. salmon, baked potatoe, veggie - 14
total:- 39

Stacy, I think this series will make everyone happy. A lot of people are getting concerned about joints and back, and these dvds are supposed to give them a good option, plus you have her other dvds which have not been out that long. I really wanted a good yoga one from her. So, I'm excited. I just hate it'll probably take 2-3 months before they get released.

Yes, you can change your weighin day. You have to play around with the tools. But, I know I've done it. It's been too long since I was in there to remember specifically what you have to do. Hopefully, someone else will chime in and tell you.

Laura, I'm so proud of you. I show myself true committment when I workout away from home. So, kudos to you.

Shereta

That's awesome that you did so well on your getaway weekend!! I know what you mean about just grabbing snacks. I have the same problem, however I dont think I'd be very good at portioning them out so I just have to not buy them. I bought a box of 100 calorie snack packs and just had one...then another...then another. With regard to your slow loss of weight, I have the same issue but I have noticed that I will more/faster (yet still in a healthy way) if I cut back on my carbs a bit, I think for me they make me hold onto water. And, when I'm cutting back on carbs I tend to add in more fruits/veggies so I think it's the balance of the two. Sunday I had eaten almost all carbs all day, yesterday I had more protein and veggies and this morning my scale weight was down 1 lb already. I know that's not losing any fat, but it does help keep me in check when my losses are slower than I'd like. Even if my WW points are within range, I see better results if my carbs are a bit lower.

It's raining here, again, a nice day to just stay in bed, but I'm mustering up my energy to get my cardio and abs workout done.

Don't know what's for dinner but I found a recipe for baked stuffed tomatoes that sounds good. I'm thinking about making it with ground turkey, some low fat cheese, fresh herbs and cutting back on the bread crumbs a bit (actually when a recipe calls for breadcrumbs I'll oftentimes crush up some flavored croutons, adds a nice flavor)

Well enough procrastinating...

Workout for the day.....one Cathe had posted awhile ago for cardio ideas to do with STS...50 minute walk on the treadmill, increasing the incline by 2 degrees every 10 minutes. I followed that with the ab section from KCM's Muscle Definition workout. I love that ab routine!

Today's menu...

B--oatmeal with almonds (4)
S--popcorn and some chips, sry had a craving (7)
L--Bagel Thin w/ cream cheese (5)
D--baked stuffed tomatoes, yummy! (13)

Total PP=29 :)

Shereta that is great about fitting into your clothes (sorry I didnt congratulate you earlier, wonder if we posted at the same time b/c your post wasnt there when I checked in yesterday...was actually wondering where you were, lol!) I have an entire closet full of clothes that more or less fit now but are a bit snug in places so I dont feel comfortable wearing them yet.

Today was weigh-in for me and I'm down 1.6 lbs from last Wednesday and now 0.4 lbs from my all-time lowest since starting WW. Still about 10 lbs from goal.

I got up early to do KickMax today but I was tired and I confess a bit unmotivated so I went back to bed. Hubby and I are going out to dinner after work so I'll have to be extra good seeing as how my workout didnt happen. I'm planning on the lobster tail, asparagus and a small serving of mashed potatoes....no appertizer, no bread, no dessert!

I'm trying to save some points for the weekend...Friday is pizza day and Sunday we're having a Mother's Day/Cince de Mayo party at our house. Not much low point Mexican food as far as I could tell, gonna have to come up with some sort of alternate menu for me I think.

Ok...gotta goto work!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.