Weight of Weighted Vest?

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
Chris:

What is the weight of the weighted vest Cathe is wearing in the blog photos? I am hoping for something around 20 pounds. I love the look of this one, but I want to know how heavy it is so I can decide if I should wait for this one or keep looking for something else.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

I was just coming here to ask the same question.

I'm hoping that it can at least be adjustable to 40lbs or more.

Namita

I think it might be 10 lb. if it's the same Weighted Vest as shown in the blog photo under:

Friday, January 25, 2008
Announcing the Launch of Fitness by Cathe

I am checking out the Xvest or the X2Vest - adjustable up to 20 or 40 pounds, depending how many cylinders you put in it. I see a number of them out on eBay - but will wait to decide until we get closer to STS' ship date, I'm thinking. I'm also getting a standard squat rack from ironcompany.com - $319 with free shipping for the 39" wide model - that may be narrow enough to accommodate my short barbell...

But it's a combo rack that lets you do squats, bench press or pull ups.

I love the look of the Cathe weight vest, but I'd want at least 20 pounds.

Cheryl

ugh..... i aked about weight, whether or not it was adjustable (appears not to be) and if it only came in blue (hope not... black is so much better!) the first day we saw the pics and never got an answer from SNM....

but if it's only 10 pounds and not adjustable i'll look elsewhere :(

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

>I think it might be 10 lb. if it's the same Weighted Vest as
>shown in the blog photo under:
>
>Friday, January 25, 2008
>Announcing the Launch of Fitness by Cathe
>

i can't seem to find this????

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

>I scrolled down to the entry on the blog talking about the
>fitness equipment & clicked on the equipment stand. A larger
>pic came up & it looks like the vest is 10 lbs. I bought this
>one the other day.

AHHHHHHH ok..... now i see how you are seeing this!

yep.... just went to the blog and looked at the stand pic... ya... 10 pounds is useless *pout*

-------------

I bought this
>one the other day.
>
>http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5481392
>
>I bought it in store. It has metal weights not sand. It's a
>little warm but it's affordable and durable.

we looked at that one a while back.... it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to big for me! i swam in it!!!!! plus like you said... it would be HOT HOT HOT!

i'm gonna go re-look at the links to the breathable ones people have been talking about!

-------------

It's big on me too but I cinched it up pretty good. I really don't want to spend a lot on equipment. My workout room is over flowing with stuff. Barely enough room for me!! :D I'm thinking I might use my Fluidity Bar for pull ups or use the modification shown in P90X. Hubby rigged a strap to the ceiling for me for that purpose.

we already have a pull up tower that we bought to use with p90x (plus we have the door version for when we do it together!)

ya.... i hate the priced of the other vests i'm seeing (200!!! YIKEs!)

i may have to go to walmart and re-try it on! heck.... for that price we could get me one and hubby one (he's been bugging for a vest for a while) i'll check the palm desert and palm springs walmarts to see if they have them... if not, i'm assuming la quinta has them and we can always to there!

we're running out of room, too! we decided today to go with the 2 separate squat stands over a conventional one since we already have a bench and don't have room!

i (we all) have time to figure out what we want for meso cycle 3 cuz i'm sure it will be a couple more months before we get these, then of course we have 2 months of working out to do! (which is good for me since i need to concentrate on cycling til memorial day!)

-------------

Yeah, if the vests are only 10#, then it would be useless to me as well. I'd rather buy a vest that holds more weight or splurge on a squat rack. ;(

I bought the Walmart Vest. I am small but was able to adjust it. It is hot, but being I sewer, I plan to "customize" it. There are parts that I think can be cut off and "tailored."

Rhonda

www.ironwearfitness.com is currently having a sale on their weighted vests, that come in various sizes. (Don't know how long the sale will last, as it's supposedly a "March Madness" sale!). I have two of their vests and like them very much.

>www.ironwearfitness.com is currently having a sale on their
>weighted vests, that come in various sizes. (Don't know how
>long the sale will last, as it's supposedly a "March Madness"
>sale!). I have two of their vests and like them very much.

Kathryn, which vests do you have? I just bought the short uni-vest and I love it. I'm thinking about getting the inner vest later on.

I ordered a 44 Pound short complete uni-vest last week. I should get it today. I am very excited and can't wait to try it.

>www.ironwearfitness.com is currently having a sale on their
>weighted vests, that come in various sizes. (Don't know how
>long the sale will last, as it's supposedly a "March Madness"
>sale!). I have two of their vests and like them very much.

my "problem" with these guys is i can't figure out which vest to get???

i like the idea of the short uni vest w/44 pounds...

but because it can be pretty hot out here i'm thinking the cool vest would be better... but i'd have to go with the long to get at least a decent amount of weight (up to 30 pounds)

i'll have to read more... i don't understand all these undervests, layering, etc....

-------------

>my "problem" with these guys is i can't figure out which vest
>to get???
>
>i like the idea of the short uni vest w/44 pounds...
>
>but because it can be pretty hot out here i'm thinking the
>cool vest would be better... but i'd have to go with the long
>to get at least a decent amount of weight (up to 30 pounds)
>
>i'll have to read more... i don't understand all these
>undervests, layering, etc....
>
>
>-------------
>cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional
>10-15 calories burned!
>

Call the 800#. That's what I did and the guy helped me decide which vest would best suit my needs. The short uni-vest is completely open on the sides -- there are no side seams with openings for the arms -- just straps that you pull around to fasten the vest, and this helps with ventilation IMO. Also, it has a scoop neckline so you don't feel like you're being choked (I can't stand anything close to my neck).

that's a good idea! also... i was just looking at it again online... it looks like the unit vest is already layered? is that right?

sheesh.... 199 for a stinkin' vest! lol! OY!

-------------

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.