WEIGHT GAIN?

I don't know if this will help any but...

I always ~ like clockwork ~ gain at least 3 lbs. when I first start heavy weight training after some time off. I've noticed that the numbers drift up when I have serious DOMS too, whether it's a new program or not. When the DOMS is gone, the numbers drop back down.

A couple of thoughts for those who are feeling like their pants are getting tighter:

1) Make sure you record your calories. It's easy to take in more than we need. Way too easy.

2) Add cardio on weight days.

2) Add cardio on weight days.

I really wish I had the time to do this since I do believe that it would probably help but I get up between 4:15 and 4:30 every morning in order to get a work out in as it it. I allow myself an hour to w/o and since most STS work outs are that long (if not longer), there is simply no time for me to add cardio. To do a second work out when I get home from work at 6pm is simply unrealistic as I have a husband, a child and a house that all need attention. I was a SAHM for the first 4 years of my son's life. I had a lot more time then and trust me, I took full advantage but things are different now so it's just not possible. *sigh*

For those of you that can carve out the time to add cardio to your STS weight days, I envy you and keep up the good work!:)

*nods* I agree ~ it's not easy. I just started adding cardio on weight days, and I'm not super thrilled about the additional time commitment. I'm forcing myself to experiment with it for a while, but so far I don't see myself doing this permanently.

However, I have found that I can take a little extra time off on the weekends, which is nice.

I really wish I had the time to do this since I do believe that it would probably help but I get up between 4:15 and 4:30 every morning in order to get a work out in as it it. I allow myself an hour to w/o and since most STS work outs are that long (if not longer), there is simply no time for me to add cardio. To do a second work out when I get home from work at 6pm is simply unrealistic as I have a husband, a child and a house that all need attention. I was a SAHM for the first 4 years of my son's life. I had a lot more time then and trust me, I took full advantage but things are different now so it's just not possible. *sigh*

For those of you that can carve out the time to add cardio to your STS weight days, I envy you and keep up the good work!:)

Totally agree! I only have an hour and not to mention, i don't want to workout for more then one hour. I fnd that I do best with 2 full body workouts and 3-4 cardio's per week since I do better with more cardio. This is one of the reasons i'm so happy about cathe's new upcoming full body routine.

Since finding Cathe a little over 2 years ago, the idea of 2 workouts a day never appealed to me in the slightest until very recently. A couple of Cathe tweets on Twitter encouraged me to investigate the idea, and reading Lorraine's bio gave me that final push.

Again, it's not fun rearranging one's schedule around a second workout, but I figure if Cathe can do it (and you know she's one busy bee), I should at least give it a try.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.