weight gain and sts

cldonadio

i just wanted to see if anyone else gained weight after completing sts? i know muscle weighs more than fat but it would reassure me if others also gained. thanks

I am midway through STS, so I am not sure I am qualified to answer your question.

SNM wrote a great post about this, and then Cathe included it in her blog. Check it out here...

http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263443

http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262233

http://cathe.com/weight-gain-myths

Also - muscle and fat weigh the same. A pound is a pound is a pound, but muscle is denser and takes up less room than fat. ;)

I hope the links help answer your questions. :)

Hi Janis,

I gained weight on the program - but also a great deal of strength and definition. I believe in my case it is because I wasn't burning as many calories during STS workouts as I did doing cardio/weights on alternate days with straight cardio. I added a short cardio routine to the Sunday rest day and that helped a bit.

L.

I'm ialso gain weight, I was doing gym style before I started with meso 2 and finished meso 3. I gained about 5 pounds. My clothes doesn't fit especially around my abdomen and legs. But I'm happy to see my arms and legs I can see MUSCLES!!

Hi Janis,

I gained weight on the program - but also a great deal of strength and definition. I believe in my case it is because I wasn't burning as many calories during STS workouts as I did doing cardio/weights on alternate days with straight cardio. I added a short cardio routine to the Sunday rest day and that helped a bit.

L.

Hi -

my post was in response to the OP, the original poster. Glad you liked STS. I am seeing significant changes in my body as well. :D

I DID

i just wanted to see if anyone else gained weight after completing sts? i know muscle weighs more than fat but it would reassure me if others also gained. thanks

Yes I did and I think is because I wasn't eating enough food, I see in my scale 5 more pounds, my pants are still feet me but not loose I'll say tide,very tide. I gain some muscle and a lot of strength I definitely can lift heavier than ever. HUUM:( I don't like to see that I gain weight but I feel good at the same time, I feel healthy and strong...
I went to the doctor, and I told him that suddenly I gained some weight, you know I was trying to be dramatic and see if he say something but he only said. SO WHAT 5 MORE or 5 LEST you are fine you are on the healthy kind of person chart... 20% body fat..5.4 feet and 129 pounds..I was 124:(
So I'm working out hard and eating enough food 5 little meals a day a lot of salads and I hope I loose those extra pounds and more....
Eunice

those of us gaining during/after STS.. it's water that your muscles are holding, not fat or muscle. as SNM admin said:

"Now I will admit STS can cause temporary water weight gain as can any new and intense weight workout. When you begin any new weightlifting program your body will retain water in the beginning. This is because your body's muscles will store more glycogen when you start a new program and this attracts more water to your muscles. This is one reason why your muscles swell. After your body adapts to the new program your body will stop storing excess glycogen and the water retention will decrease."

so.. you are getting fitter, stronger and more defined.. don't pay attention to scale numbers!

Janis,

Thank you for making the pound is a pound remark. I absolutely cringe whenever I hear people say muscle weighs more than fat. I'm a personal trainer, and I want to scream everytime I hear another one tell a client that.

Thank you.

My weigh in day for Weight Watchers was the day after doing legs and eating Chinese food. I went up 1.6 pounds. The next week was a rest week I lost 4 pounds.
You will retain a little water after working out but it is temporary.
I lost about 10 pounds all together with Weight Watchers and STS.

Janis,

Thank you for making the pound is a pound remark. I absolutely cringe whenever I hear people say muscle weighs more than fat. I'm a personal trainer, and I want to scream everytime I hear another one tell a client that.

Thank you.

LOL! Reminds me of the math and logic puzzles my son brings home from school...one time he gave me a lengthy explanation of how bricks are made and all their uses especially in house building, even gave me a run down on the three little pigs story. Then told me how feathers are hollow and how their configuration help birds soar high and float on air currents. Then he asked me - so which is heavier - a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers? LOL :D

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.