Week to Week 12/28/20-1/3/21

Good morning! Tried to do Perfect30 Perfect Flow Mobility, and it became obvious very soon exactly where my foot was injured and what still aggravates it. The lateral balance work in this one hurt. It's all good. At least now I know what I likely did to it. So I modified what I could because I really love this workout, and obviously the moves lying on the floor were okay, so I did still get in a workout. :)

Hope everyone has a great Monday! Short week at work for me because they gave us all both Thursday and Friday off. :)

Hey Everyone!

I have a weird sensitivity to Dairy. It makes my joints hurt unbearably. Apparently I got some in something yesterday because I woke up in the middle of the night aching like a truck had rolled Over me 5 or 6 times. :eek:

KY 20m & Balance Ball for Beginners 40m This combination felt really good. My pain is 25% what it was. I’ll take a sauna later and hopefully a foot massage too. Unfortunately pain relievers don’t do anything for this.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi all,

Today was KCM Lean Body Circuits - Cardio Pump. I was going to do some weights this week, but my collarbone (broke it when I was a small child) has been acting up all this past week. It must have been the yoga I did. Amazing how old injuries come back to haunt you when you are older.

Lannette - Wow, I hope you feel better today!

CarolRose - Take care of that foot.

I have a weird sensitivity to Dairy. It makes my joints hurt unbearably. Apparently I got some in something yesterday because I woke up in the middle of the night aching like a truck had rolled Over me 5 or 6 times. :eek:

Lanette I'm sorry to hear that! I sure hope you're feeling better today.

Good morning! Apparently there's another storm coming this weekend, and we're supposed to get mixed rain/ice. Oh goody. ;)

Today I was feeling dizzy (becoming a morning ritual) and almost didn't workout, then decided I'd do some nice heavy lifting and so did Pull Day from Fit Split. I lifted as absolutely heavy as I could, and was breathing hard, and guess what? The dizziness lifted. Just went away. Not sure what to make of it but I'm grateful. I'm keeping a log of all the symptoms, possible triggers, and what (if anything) takes it away. Not all workouts do, though. Yesterday, Perfect Flow Mobility really bothered it during the head-down positions. Those positions seem to aggravate it, while standing aerobic activity and heavy lifting do not. I get my vestibular tests done on January 14th, and then have a virtual visit the following week to discuss the results. Will definitely have my log on hand to discuss that, too. I've decided this is a challenge - a puzzle, if you will - that I am determined to solve. :)

Have a wonderful day, everyone! :)

Good afternoon,

Thanks for the well wishes regarding my joint pain. As is typical my joint paint gradually lifted this morning. We also found the milk culprit in a Deli meat I had a bite of. :rolleyes: I’m an RN & would never have believed milk could cause this kind of reaction had I not lived it.

Today was: KY 20m & Stott Fitness Circle Challenge 32m It felt perfect.

CarolRose: I know you’ll figure out your dizziness. Making connections is a good start. Standing cardio & heavy weight training do both raise BP.

Hi all,

Today was Jessica Smith 6WTT Lower Body unweighted. My collarbone is still hurting. It's always something. Have a great day.

Good morning,

Today was: KY 20m, Stott Pilates On A Roll 43m

Sherri: I hope your collarbone calms down soon. I never broke mine but it occasionally acts up near my sternum after a fall I took years ago. I know how painful and limiting it can be.

Hi Ladies,

Sunday: ICE Low Impact Sweat and it lives up to the title!!!!
Monday: Fit Tower Total Body. Didin't have my A Game that day and the workout did nothing to excite me. Plan to do it again soon.
Tuesday: Needed a Cathe break and was a bit tired so I did a Denise Austin Upper Body workout from YouTube with 10 and 15lb weights.
Wednesday: Cathe Ice To the Mat. LOVE THIS WORKOUT!!!!
Thursday: Don't know yet.
Friday: Is usually a rest day. However, every January 1st is Firm Volume 1.

Geoff & Cooper

Good morning, everyone! I wasn't feeling well yesterday so didn't workout. Today, I'm off work! Hooray! I plan on doing something - not sure what yet. I'm in a pick-the-workout-on-that-day kind of mood lately. :)

My husband is an RN also, he works in a hospital, and he got his first COVID vaccine yesterday. He's fine. No reactions at all. I'm really glad he was able to get vaccinated this early. No clue when I will be, or when my daughter will be. I'm an RN but don't work in a hospital so I'm not at the top of the list. And she works at Starbucks as a store manager, so I'm thinking it'll be even longer for her becasue she's only 30.

We had snow last night!! Not a lot, but enough to cover the ground and it's SO pretty. :)

I hope you all have a safe and happy New Year's Eve!! :)

Hi all,

Well, no formal workouts yesterday or today. Instead there was major house cleaning and yard work. Why is it that after Christmas, packing up the decorations always leaves a huge mess!! The lights come down tomorrow and we are done.

Lannette - Yes, my collarbone is feeling better. I put the electric mattress cover on yesterday and it helped big time.

Happy New Years Eve!

We’re not big rabble rousers but I made our favorite “Sushi” salad and a nice dessert.:)

Today I did: KY 20m & 45m walk intervals.

Geoff: That’s great that you have a traditional New Year’s WO! Firm Volume 1 is a perfect choice.

CarolRose: I got an email from our board of nursing. Because I’m still registered as an RN I’m eligible for the vaccine - or will be soon. I won’t accept yet because I wouldn’t want to bump another RN or person older than myself. I’m 65.5 so I’ll be in the 3rd or 4th wave.

Sherri - Glad your collarbone is better! Laughing at your cure. I think you meant the heat but initially thought that wrestling with the mattress cover fixed it.
Putting a massage clients legs through range of motion always makes mine feel better. I think it’s the weight pulling on my shoulders??
I hear you on putting away Christmas decorations!

Have great night tonight everyone!

GOOD BYE 2020!!! NEW RECORD 269 WORKOUTS FOR 2020!!! After, 3 weeks in shipping my Cathe cap came today!!! What a year this has been for everyone!! Ciao 2021 and to Rome the trip of a lifetime!

Thank you so much for welcoming Cooper and me to the club!!

Attachments

• 133207613_10218167788281619_2901139494621518385_o.jpg
    133207613_10218167788281619_2901139494621518385_o.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 93679839_10216440352536805_4494919932256976896_n.jpg
    93679839_10216440352536805_4494919932256976896_n.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 3
Happy New Year Everyone!

Restorative day here. So far only KY 20m and add on stretches I often do. New Year New Rotation but I could really use a more restful rest day.

Geoff: You wear that Cathe cap really well. Looks great! Rome is in the spring, right?

Have a great day and start to the new year everyone! Can’t say I’m sad to bid adieu to 2020.

@Lannette we both got one like that, too, from our state BON, but our state sent it out to all RNs, whether they worked in hospitals or not. So when some tried to sign up for the vaccine, they found out they were not actually eligible yet. They sent a second email out two days later, apologizing for the confusion. OOPS...

Happy New Year!

Just popping in. I have been mainly doing yoga the past week. Looking forward to starting hard on Sunday!

Have a great day

Hi, all! HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Sayonara, 2020. Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out! :p

Thank you all for the congrats on the new job!

I took an unplanned long stretch of rest days this week. 5 days off in a row! I think the excitement and stress surrounding the job offer, the awkward conversations with my director about leaving, and scrambling to get the rest of my small team trained on my daily responsibilities wore me out mentally. I just didn't have it in me to push myself this week.

Back at it this morning with ICE Bootcamp Circuit + Blizzard Blast + MM biceps. Kicked my butt! I thought I'd be full of energy after so much rest but it's like my body forgot how to do strength and stamina, haha! Oh well, won't take me long to get that back. Plus I have new Ryka cross-trainers coming (hopefully) soon, and new workout shoes are always a fun little boost! What a nightmare shipping has become! I do hope all the delivery personnel out there are staying safe and healthy, tho.

Lanette, that dairy issue sounds like no joke! I'm so glad to hear you're mostly back to normal.

CarolRose, I'm glad you're figuring out what works and doesn't work for both your dizziness and your foot. You stay so positive in spite of dealing with those challenges, and it's very inspirational to me! Good idea about keeping the log and sharing that with the vestibular doc. It's really great that you can predict what kinds of exercise will actually help! That's powerful info. :)

Geoff, love the hat!! Rome sounds amazing. I can't wait to travel again.

Waves to everyone else!! Thanks for all the support you guys have given me and each other. It's so nice to be part of a group like this.

Hi everyone!

Today was: UB Resistance: KY: 20m emphasis UB, Cathe STS Total Body - UB Only Premix 24m, Extras: Jennie Ford Across America Newport step on Bosu - 15m, Bowman half dome, Egoscue Counter, Dead Hangs & Half Pull-ups: 5m

My month of instability training without weights didn’t leave me weaker! I actually feel that I’m controlling the weights better.

I did my push-ups on my knees hands on a roller. I’m working on sternoclavicular stabilization & it seems to be working. Beginner Bosu stepping is great for me to work on controlling my weaker side too. This was the first time I tried this DVD. It was great for this purpose.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.