walking lunges

Hi All:

I started the August Rotation this week and I notice that Cathe's has 200 walking lunges in the second week.
What are walking lunges?
Hopefully not as intense as explosive lunges.
Let me know
Thanks

Walking lunges are when you lunge forward with one leg (right), then with the other (left), and you keep repeating this forward lunging process until you total 200 (100 on each leg). You will need quite a bit of room so you can do a few lunges in a row before turning around.

Good luck!
Lorrayne

These are great hotel room exercises. I did these my last trip and noted that I got in 7 lunges from one side of the room to the other. At first I thought 200 seemed endless and daunting but they went by really fast, truth be told.

Hi, I am going to start the august rotation today. Hope this helps:

Leg exercises

Name of exercise: WALKING LUNGES

What to do: You'll need a little space for this exercise. Find an room or area of the gym where you can lunge at least 15-20 paces. Start by standing upright with your feet together. For beginners place your hand on your hips (and have smiles on your lips). For more advanced exercisers hold a dumbbell in each hand or a barbell on your shoulders. Take a long step and bend both knees and lunge towards the floor. Keep you feet pointed straight. The back leg is the one doing most of the work. It is important to keep the front knee over the heel and not over the toes. In other words if you lunge too far forward you will put great pressure on your front knee and increase the risk of injury. Bring your feet together after the first lunge and then lunge forward with the opposite leg. Alternate your legs as you go across the floor and bring your feet together between each step.

Don't Forget to: Keep the front knee over the heel not the toes.
Equipment needed: Nothing (hands on hips) or with dumbbells or a barbell.
Muscles worked: All leg muscles: quads, hamstrings, glutes, and some calves.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie. :)

Thanks to all for the instructions. I did my first 200 walking lunges this morning but with no wieghts. (will have to work up to that)
This morning's routine: started with Pyramid Lower body followed by 200 walking lunges and finished up with the first 7 segments of IMAX 2. It was quite an accomplishment. Must have been a little energectic this AM.
Have a wonderful Day and thanks agin for the instructions!
K:)

These sound rather painful x( but considering I wasn't going to be able to get a work out in at all until sunday, maybe I'll give them a shot! I am spending the weekend in a/c so I can use the hotel room idea!:)...But maybe I'll cut myself a break the first time and break them up...100 at a time....We'll see.
~Wendy~

We don't stop laughing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop laughing...Put more laughter into your life.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.