Video Clip From LITE Cardio Party

These look fun but I sure would love another step cardio workout. I will always love step more than anything even though now I use only the 4 in riser for high intensity and the 6 for low impact. I just can't get into kickboxing.

Totally agree with you about Step Moves and Low Max! I love those workouts. They are basic, but are effective! I remember when I first tried Lomax, I could only do the first 10 minutes on the step without no risers, now I complete it on one risers and do many others.

I hope Cardio Party is like that and from what I see looks good!
Step Moves and Low Max are two of my favorites. And I love Rhythmic Step!
Don't mean to be rude, but it actually looks like Cathe is finally having fun in her workout again! Also, it looks like there are two new comers. There is Jen and Nikki and two different ladies. I think one of them does Cathe Live with Nikki, but I am not sure. So, glad to see new ladies. Or maybe one of them is Jai and I need new glasses. I miss Brenda and Jai, but it is nice to see new people! Also, I shout out to Lorraine (who is an awesome mma and boxer in Cathe other workouts) and to Cede (the counter and an awesome stepper!).

I am glad to see Lisa S from Rhythmic Step as well as the original IMAX back. I always loved Lisa and found her so inspiring! I miss the good old days when Cathe did more step!

Step Moves and Low Max are two of my favorites. And I love Rhythmic Step!

I am glad to see Lisa S from Rhythmic Step as well as the original IMAX back. I always loved Lisa and found her so inspiring! I miss the good old days when Cathe did more step!
Totally agree with you about the Step! I call myself a Stepacholic! I have actually fall on Rock'n'Step 1 on my back trying to get the moves. Don't worry I didn't hurt anything except for a bruised ego. But, you have to watch out on the Step. Some of those moves are tricky, so be careful!

As for kick boxing, I do it. I am not a fan, but I do understand the value in it. You use different muscles then the step. Also, there is more bouncing in kick boxing, but you can do it low impact. I think if you change things up from doing The Step it helps with your body. When you change your body says this is different and it may makes you stronger. That is what I find. Don't get me wrong! I wish I can do Step all year long, but you need to do resistance training too. I don't like it, but sometimes in this life you got to do it even if you don't like it. Your body will thank you!

There is An IMAX like step bonus in this series. And her next release will be Step
That is cool!!!! It will be awesome if that happens!!! I think for now Cathe needs a vacation from all her hard work she has put in 2018! And when she is back from her vacation she will be ready to get back into doing her magic in 2019!!! I don't want to tell Cathe what she can or can't do, but it seems she has done a lot of hard work and I think she deserves a break!!! Because Cathe awesome and I am so grateful we have her!!!

Totally agree with you about the Step! I call myself a Stepacholic! I have actually fall on Rock'n'Step 1 on my back trying to get the moves. Don't worry I didn't hurt anything except for a bruised ego. But, you have to watch out on the Step. Some of those moves are tricky, so be careful!

As for kick boxing, I do it. I am not a fan, but I do understand the value in it. You use different muscles then the step. Also, there is more bouncing in kick boxing, but you can do it low impact. I think if you change things up from doing The Step it helps with your body. When you change your body says this is different and it may makes you stronger. That is what I find. Don't get me wrong! I wish I can do Step all year long, but you need to do resistance training too. I don't like it, but sometimes in this life you got to do it even if you don't like it. Your body will thank you!
Jennifer, I couldn't help but chuckle at your comment about falling off the step. I too fell off (flew off?) the step doing the dancey Party Rocking step routine only I did hurt myself: I broke my elbow. It took a few years before I did that disc again . Glad you were OK though.

Stepping is my all time favourite way to work out. Love the dancey step, love the athletic step and I can't wait for Cathe's step dvds to be produced.

Jennifer, I couldn't help but chuckle at your comment about falling off the step. I too fell off (flew off?) the step doing the dancey Party Rocking step routine only I did hurt myself: I broke my elbow. It took a few years before I did that disc again . Glad you were OK though.

Yea, thinking about it now, I can laugh at it too! Timber!!! Splat!! I wish I had it on camera, I could have made money on YouTube, ha ha! Thanks for saying you are glad I was okay!

I am sorry you broke your elbow. That must of been terrible! I hope your elbow is okay now!

Also, on Cathe Live Impact Circuit , her green workout, I fell because there is a movement you have to do is you go side by side and then you pull your knee up and then you go to the other side of the step. The problem was I tripped when I was going to the other side and I fell down. I twisted my ankle and I had to stop the routine. I did recover the next day, but I did feel it. I was able to walk from the step, but the pain from my ankle I had to stop the routine.

I know what it is like to break your elbow, sorta of. When I was a kid I fell off my bunk bed and the elbow bone came out and the two bones connecting the elbow was sliced. They were operated on and they are fine now. They did not have to put in pins.

To all those steppers, it is easier to modify then to take a risk. Learn from my mistake. It may not look cool for the modification, but you will be able to step another day!

I have found that Low Impact Step and the Basic Step are the best me now that I a heading towards 65. I did IMAX 2 on a 4 in step but my feet are not quite as fast as they were 15 years ago! I've worked out all my life and since 1986 I've been very serious about my workouts! I really would love a intermediate step workout. I can do low impact on 6 in still but I am getting older and it is getting frustrating. Still I do not have plans to stop working out. I am glad LITE will have some step.

Frankly I do not like any of the boot camps on the step. The original boot camp is one I still can do and love!

I have found that Low Impact Step and the Basic Step are the best me now that I a heading towards 65. I did IMAX 2 on a 4 in step but my feet are not quite as fast as they were 15 years ago! I've worked out all my life and since 1986 I've been very serious about my workouts! I really would love a intermediate step workout. I can do low impact on 6 in still but I am getting older and it is getting frustrating. Still I do not have plans to stop working out. I am glad LITE will have some step.

Frankly I do not like any of the boot camps on the step. The original boot camp is one I still can do and love!
Hi! I read what you were saying about the Step workouts. I would suggest Low Max and instead of doing all of because it is 70 minutes, you can do like half of it, or you can do all of the blasts that is in the dvd. Or if you have Cathe On-demand she has this program called the Workout blendar. So, what you can do is go through all the step workouts she has a make your own workout. Believe me there are some easier ones in the beginning of her step and you could add that to Low Impact Step. For instance, if you wanted to make Basic Step 45 mins instead of 29 mins. You go to her Workout Blender and you use her Basic Step and then instead of going to the 2nd Part then you add a Blast from Low Max last 5 mins(I am just guestmating) and then you add part one from Low Max which is 5 mins (guessmating) and the you add the 2nd Part from Basic Step and then you add the rest of Basic Step. So, you have made your own workout and you challenged yourself, but you didn't die. You were able to keep up with Cat he too!

I really do suggest everyone to get Cathe ondemand. I have and it is awesome! It comes with the workout blendar, too. The Workout Blender is genius because you can make your own workouts!

I have done Low Max since it came out and still use it and have a hard time keeping my heart rate up. I get through it with no trouble. I know all about the workout blender, etc (which I do not like) if you are talking about the ones on the DVD. I do not use the streaming feature or buy the digital releases due to a lack of premixes. I have no interest in Cathe on Demand. I tried it and just don't care for it. I am not technologically impaired but I prefer just the DVDs given my current situation.

I have done almost every Cathe video ever made including a very old one with her sister in the cast and one she did with Greg Twonbly. I found through Cathe through The Firm (when The Firm was good) and never looked back. She is awesome and nobody does it like her!

I just want another Cathe step video like her old ones that were so much more fun. She was so much more relaxed and her cast was awesome. Especially Cedie!

Last edited:
I have done Low Max since it came out and still use it and have a hard time keeping my heart rate up. I get through it with no trouble. I know all about the workout blender, etc (which I do not like) if you are talking about the ones on the DVD. I do not use the streaming feature or buy the digital releases due to a lack of premixes. I have no interest in Cathe on Demand. I tried it and just don't care for it. I am not technologically impaired but I prefer just the DVDs given my current situation.

I have done almost every Cathe video ever made including a very old one with her sister in the cast and one she did with Greg Twonbly. I found

I am sorry I couldn't help you.

I hope for your sake Cathe will bring back the Step routines!

Also, I miss Cede too! Cede is awesome!

I hope for your sake Cathe will bring ss
I hate hate hate what is happening to me. I take medications that cause dizziness so that is part of the problem. I am so glad I bought Basic Step/Body Fusion and Low Impact Step years ago. I thought I would never use them but I have used them in the past. Last time was when I had shingles on my leg and have to rehabilitate my entire left leg.

I wish so much Cathe would do another beginner series or a series for older exercisers. And Cedie will always be my favorite cast member. She was so cheerful and beautiful and fun. I love Brenda, Jai, Amanda, Lisa S., Hope, Rhonda, Lorraine and Dezie.. I realize things change but the newer cast members do not motivate me like they did. Things have been so serious and I miss Cathe's introductions to workouts and the rocking music. But I am so excited to get the new series! It could not have come at a better time!

And I am liking this music and Cathe is having fun again! I am loving the background! ICE is great and this looks awesome as well! DYING for them to ship! I ordered the day Cathe announced the series (back in May). This time of the year always means new Cathe fun to me!

Happy Holidays to all!

Last edited:
Hi Amy ,
I remember reading your posts over the years and always remember your passion for Step, I think you were even on TV at one time sharing your love of Step work outs. I am sorry to hear about the challenges you have been facing, I think you are strong and fierce and wish you health and happiness.

Happy Holidays !
Brigitte

I hope for your sake Cathe will bring back the Step routines!

Also, I miss Cede too! Cede is awesome!
I hope that this LITE series is like the old series for your sake. Sorry to hear about your health problems, but at least your still here!! I am a big Cede fan too! I loved that when she was on she would do the whoops when it was getting hard! Cede was the cheerleader! Don't get me wrong! All of Cathe's Gang are exceptional! They are tough! And they are all strong! But, it seemed to me that Cede had that little bit of something extra. To me, if Cede can do it, I can. Wherever Cede is, she is putting a smile on somebody's face.

To you, to everyone, to Cathletes, to Cathe, have a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a Healthy and Happy New Year! Jen Denny

Cardio Party and Cardio Crush were the first workouts I did after getting my downloads! Loved the workout! So fun to have a steady state workout that doesn't leave me drained and wishing for the end. I got tons of steps and love the variety between some boxing, hi/low, and a couple blasts (not hiit). Loved the Intermediate Imax style cardio crush too. I know I'll be doing this one frequently!

Sure- 4 segments. A step routine repeated 6 times and then on to a blast then a recovery and keep repeating. An Imax style set up but the blasts weren't as high impact as the original. I think all the step moves are familiar but mixed up to create a new combo.

Ok thanks was wondering about the step moves, all familiar but mixed up to create new combos, alright looking forward to this one !!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.