Valerie Bertinelli

luvtorun

Cathlete
Did anyone see the piece on ET last night on Valerie? She is joining Jenny Craig. The new commericals featuring her and Kirstie will begin this Monday. She is 46 (my age) and ready to drop 45 pounds. She says she has been in a self-imposed seclusion due to shame she felt for the way she looked. I appauld her for making this significant life change in a very public way. I saw the clip of the commerical that air and it is done in a comical way.

She is a self-professed "food-aholic". I grew up watching her on TV and feel an affinity for her. She is my age and apparently has some of the same food issues I do. I'll be watching her journey with interest.

Oh I love Valerie Bertinelli.......I watched her shows all the time growing up and just adored her. I applaud her as well, the commericals will be fun to see her progress.

Marcia.

Jane,

I always loved her too. We loved One Day at a Time and she was my favorite one on it !

Phyllis, I thought they recently (last year?) got a divorce. But someone tell me if I'm wrong.

I didn't see the ET thing, but GOOD for her!!!! I aplaud her decision too. She never was stick thin like most actresses, I thought she had a great build and shape.

She and Eddie Van Halen divorced a while ago. Valerie has had a boyfriend for several years now. I read that she wants to drop 30 pounds and go from a size 14 to an 8 I think.

Erica

I always liked Valerie too! I had no idea she was overweight. I guess it happened after she and Eddie divorced. She hasn't been in the public eye since then I don't think. I'm anxious to see the commercials.

I've always loved watching her. I didn't know she was overweight either but I'll be waiting to see the commercials too.

When I lived in Park City Utah about 7 years ago, I actually met her and her son, Wolfgang during Sundance!:)
She was visiting her brother and sister-in-law who lived there at the time and they stopped in an art gallery I was working at! They invited me and some others to Harry 'O's a nightclub to see that 80's group The Clash. I also think at the time she was on that show "Touched by an Angel."
As I remember she looked great, adorable as usual! I had no idea she had a weight problem, but look what she has gone through with the divorce, etc...all in the public eye, its gotta be tough.
I wish her the very best too!

OK - I didn't see the ET piece, but I did see her on the cover of People this week. I only looked briefly while I was in line at the grocery store. She says she wants to lose 30 lbs. and that she's "fat".

She may be heavier than she should be, but that girl is still cute as all getout.

I saw her in the TV ad w/Kirstie this morning. I must confess to thinking that for a 45 YO woman w/a couple of kids she looked pretty darned good. One might even say beautiful.

This is what I was trying to get at last week. Why does Valerie feel the need to drop 45 lbs? Isn't she fabulous just the way she is?

Last time I saw Valerie Bertinelli (probably in some Lifetime movie), she looked almost exactly the same as when she was on "One Day at a Time."

I think it's interesting that some are asking why does Valerie Bertinelli want to lose weight?

Many of us on this site get aggitated by comments we get by outsiders on why we have weight or fitness goals. I also believe she is beautiful, but she is overweight and if she wants to use Jenny Craig as a vehicle to achieve her weight goals I say more power to ya.

I'm home with the kids for Spring Break and happened to catch her on "The View" this morning where she was guest-hosting. She said she lost 13 pounds and wanted to lose another 20. I thought she looked great - she does look older than I remember and a little heavier - but I got the feeling she wants to lose the weight to feel better about herself and finally come to grips with her weight. She admitted that she's always struggled with her weight - even when she was younger and on "One Day at a Time".

I wish her luck and hope she becomes a good role model for others.

Sue

All three of the ex-castmembers look great!

>>>Many of us on this site get aggitated by comments we get by outsiders on why we have weight or fitness goals. I also believe she is beautiful, but she is overweight and if she wants to use Jenny Craig as a vehicle to achieve her weight goals I say more power to ya.

I agree. My best friend has put on some pounds over the years - she probably has about 25 or so lbs to lose. She didn't realize how detrimental this extra weight was to her until we went walking together and she got very winded.

It's not always or just about looks -

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.