Ultimate Guide Update - should we do some additional ratings this time for "Enjoyment Factor" and/or

Ultimate Guide Update - should we do some additional ratings this time for "Enjoyment Factor" and/or

• Total voters
RE: Ultimate Guide Update - should we do some additional ratings this time for

I voted complexity only because enjoyment factor is so personalized...would hate to see someone not get a w/o because it was rated low on enjoyment.

I agree with Traci. Enjoyment factor is different for everyone. It would be ashame for someone to not try a video because others might not have enjoyed it.

Jenn

Ditto
Deanie:)

I would like to see separate ratings for intensity and complexity. I don't mind complex choreography, but if the intensity is too high I will be turned off. I would love to see two separate ratings!

I agree that 'enjoyment factor" is too personal to rate.

Intensity and complexity are also two different things, and it would be nice to see both rated.

I agree with Muffin Top. Two separate ratings.

Marcy

When I compiled the original list, I was asked several times if I would include complexity. I decided against it for two reasons a) just getting the intensity rankings was a huge undertaking and b) I find complexity a truly subjective term. I'm not sure it would be beneficial to do it now.

So if you were to rate complexity, would it be for just step workouts or would kickboxing, circuits, and interval workouts be included too? If including all cardio workouts, it would seem a bit to me like comparing apples to oranges to bananas. IMO, none of the IMAXES are very complicated and I would rank them well below how I would rank Power Max. Yet all the IMAXES are definitely harder than Power Max. So would it be confusing to see a ranking of 9+ followed by a ranking of say, 2+.

And how would you define complexity? Using myself as an example, I don't find any of Cathe's workouts all that complex. I wouldn't rate any of them above a 5. That's because I have familiarity with both Christi Taylor and Patrick Goudeau whom I consider much more complex in terms of choreography. Yet many find Cathe's Rhythmic Step to be very complicated. So depending on previous experience, experience with other instructors, and natural physical ability, the perceived complexity is going to vary wildly. Also, I think cueing has an awful lot of influence on how 'complex' a workout feels. Poor cueing or late cueing make the workout feel more complex, simply because I'm having to scrabble both physically and mentally to catch up. I personally think Cathe's cueing in the Hardcores was not up to her usual standard, and thus it affected the complexity of the workout.

Just my two cents!

Well, by that logic wouldn't intensity also be subjective? Maybe we need to define the scale like a complexity rating between 1 and 10 where 1 would be Basic Step and 10 would be Rhythmic Step. And also an intensity rate where 1 is Basic Step and 10 is Imax 3?
Would that be more helpful?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.