Two Pit Bulls Just Killed My Cat

I'm so sorry. :( owners of dogs especially pit bulls need to be more aware since pit bulls have such a bad rap.

Sending you a big hug.

I am so sorry. That is just awful. At least your kitty knew she was loved and cared for by you , if only for a short while. Sending you and your other cats hugs..........

So sad, Your story broke my heart...sorry for your loss. I hope you find out who those dogs belong too, they need to be taken away or something.

I am so sorry for your loss. The same thing happened to us a few years ago, just not with pit bulls. It broke our hearts, thinking, "If only we had reacted quicker..." Sending you love & hugs, & hopefully, both of our kittens are having a ball, playing with each other!

OMG! This is terrible! It's making me cry as i sit here! Hugs and prayers coming your way. Nobody should have to go thru that!

I am so sorry for your loss! Thats horrible! Poor little kitty.

I don't know why people don't learn to control their dogs. Its not as hard as it seems. I often have success with other people's dogs.

That is horrible!! Sending you hugs and hoping they find the dogs and their owners and hold them accountable. So sorry for your loss.

So sorry for your loss. I wish I had words to say that can make a real difference. Just know you and yours 2 or 4 legged are in my thoughts.

Jean

OMG! That is so sad.
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a horrid way to lose a beloved pet. It just breaks my heart. I'm shedding tears for Miss Muffet.

I once heard dogs attacking a cat outside, so I know what a horrible sound that is.

Last edited:
This heartbreaking. I'm so sorry this happened to you and your sweet kitty. I hope, hope, so much hope the owners of those dogs are identified. Dogs certainly can be controlled if people are responsible. My sister has a pit bull and she's such a sweet baby. She has been to obedience school which is required for that breed where they live.

this is so terribly sad.... I hope ... hope ...you have some followup with animal control or 911 because those dogs area menace to everyone and everything in your neighborhood. a letter to the newspaper? a homeowners association? someone knows something, unlikely your kitty was the first victim.
the dogs need to be identified and impounded before someone else's pet or child is victimized. don't let your darling kitty's life be in vain... do everything you can to help locate and identify those dogs and maybe save the lives of others. other dogs, cats, children, even adults have been harmed by vicious dogs. I'm so sorry.

What a horrible story. My heart aches for you.:( I'm a big believer that our critters know how much we love them....it's a two way street. I just don't think my life would be complete without animals to share it with. What a shame that this happened. Big (((((hugs))))))

I was on my local news telling my story twice today. Unfortunately, the part where I described the two dogs was edited out so, while everyone knows it happened, nobody will ever be looking out for the two murderers, since nobody has a clue what they look like. The two worst things now are:

1) My two in/out cats and Punkinhead (the other stray) are driving me nuts because they want out, and...

2) Not having Muffet, my little beeper, running to greet me kills me every time I pull up to my house.

Nobody's getting out until I can cut a hole in the bottom of the high gate of my privacy fence so any cat in danger will have an escape hatch to my back yard. That won't be until at least Thursday so the whining and complaining will just have to continue until then. If they didn't fight and spray (yes... ALL of them... and they're all "fixed.") I'd never let them out again.

I want to again say thank you to everyone. I'm also looking into becoming a TRAINED gun owner... It's a really bad neighborhood full of criminals and would-be hard core gangsta's but, in 12 years, I've never heard of this happening here. I am sickened that so many of you have had this awful experience.

Your kind words are truly a salve for my wounds, bless all of your hearts.

I am so very sorry for ur loss. I am the responsible owner of bully dogs and know how often dogs are mistaken for pit bills when in fact they are not. Although my dogs are well trained I would not trust them around cats. I don't think I would trust any dog around a cat.

AGain so sorry for ur loss.

Carmen

I don't think I would trust any dog around a cat.

Then you haven't met MY dog. The 75# baby! LOL He'd probably hide behind a cat for protection from another animal and snuggle up with it to sleep at night! :rolleyes::D:p;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.