Turbo Jam spazzing?

eminenz2

Cathlete
I'm sitting here previewing a couple of Turbo Jam workouts and it seems like the people are all over the freakin' place with their kinks and punches and such. It's like they're flailing around rather than moving in a controlled and safe way.

Is it just me?

Opinions appreciated. :)

Thanks!

Susan L.G.

Having done Cathe's kickbox, I knew proper form before doing the TJ work outs so I never had a problem. They are definately dancier then Cathe's stuff but so much fun IMO! Give them a shot. You might just like them!;)

It does look like fun, but it just wasn't me then, thinking the moves looked a little 'wilder' than usual?

I've done P90X Kenpo and Cathe's Kick Max and liked them so much, I purchased Turbo Jam.

I just received my Turbo Jam this week and viewed all the Cardio Party mixes. I'm excited, but I am not going to jump into the party just yet.
IMO, the first tape in the series is a MUST for newcomers to Turbo Jam.

I just finished going over the elite 11 moves. I ran through them 3 times, and then moved on to the Learn and burn workout. It is an easy workout, but I felt it was necessary. I think Charlene does a great job emphasizing the importance of an engaged core. If done properly, I see this workout helping my lower back.

>I'm sitting here previewing a couple of Turbo Jam workouts
>and it seems like the people are all over the freakin' place
>with their kinks and punches and such. It's like they're
>flailing around rather than moving in a controlled and safe
>way.
>
>Is it just me?

That's the impression I got from the infomercial, and from the two workouts I've seen. It doesn't interest me at all (but Chalene's upcoming periodized weight program does!)

I purchased the original TJ DVDs when they first came out and sent them all back.

I thought I'd give these two workouts that use the balance ball a try.

Susan L.G.

They do look like fun, and I can use what I learned about form from my Cathe workouts, and ignore the flailing around.

I have all the TJ workouts. I think they are NOT the same or even can compare to Cathe's Kickboxing. They have a different focus. Well, actually , Chalene says you can do it the way you choose. But the group's focus is to have fun with it, makes it more dancey/party-ish, and sweat in the meantime (and you do!) . She also says you can treat it as a sports focus, and do it more Kickboxing style. But it's YOUR choice.

I like the dancy/party focus for cardio for a change up sometimes.

The moves REALLY focus on your Core though. I always get DOMS in my entire core after I do a TJ! (cardio)

I have both Ball workouts , and love the Core one. It has my very favorite cardio piece in it. It's so fun and you I really get into it. I wasn't a fan of the Total Body Ball Workout though. it wasn't challenging to me, and I think I've only done it once or twice.

~Chris

I've done Turbo Jam a million times and never have come close to hurting myself. But I do have prior experience in martial arts and also fitness kickboxing. I think as long as you know how to punch and kick your fine.
Jess

I have had a couple of TJ workouts for the better part of a year now, but haven't done them until this last couple of months. It took a while to get past the appearance of flailing arms, but once I did and decided that I was going to use the form that I learned from Cathe, I found that I actually enjoy the TJ workouts! I was rather surprised myself! I get totally sweaty and it's an awesome workout, especially for the core! My hips don't move like theirs, so my TJ workouts tend to be more on the athletic side, but either way, it's a lot of fun and a great workout!

OMG, this workout is FUN FUN FUN!!! Did I mention fun?!!!

I've been doing it twice a day (on my cardio days) JUST for the fun factor!!!
Seriously. I'm enjoying these so much. It doesn't feel like exercise at all(aside from all the sweating).
Chalene is a riot. If you like to dance and like hip music- Turbo Jam is IT!!!
I'm so glad I purchased all of them. I'm still on the original Party mix....I got the routine down pat in 2 sessions. First day, I did it 3 times. I'm a Turbo crazed maniac ready to move on the the second party!!!

Goodness, my poor boys though. just wait until we have to go to another family wedding....my dancing will be jammin'}( pump it, pump it, pump it!

Ok, I really want to try a Turbo Jam workout - I love to dance and it really does look like fun, form not withstanding. My question to all of you TJ Junkies is this - which one(s) do you truly recommend for fun factor and longevity (Not gonna outgrow it syndrome)? There are so many to pick from, it seems. Also, do I need to go through the website and buy a package deal, or would you suggest ebay or something to buy seperately? I tried to find it on Netflix to try it out, but no luck there.

TIA,
Tricia

I purchased the entire collection from BB after pricing them individually.
I could live without the toning tapes. I purchased them for cardio anyway.
After reading the reviews on Video Forum, I decided the party mixes & Fat Blaster were for me. BTW, you can view some of the workouts on Youtube. Just do a quick search and they come up.

It cost the same to buy just the cardio mixes individually @ Amazon vs the entire Turbo packages on BB. I had 4 of the Turbo Jam's in my basket @ Amazon and it came out $1 more.

I haven't done the Punch,Kick @ Jam workout(comes with Turbo Jam Maximum results) but I have viewed it, and it looks like it is going to be great too!

I like the Maximum Results package from Team Beachbody, it comes with the weighted gloves that I use for all of my kickboxing workouts!! My favs are Cardio Party; Punch, Kick, & Jam; and LOVE Ab Jam!! You can order from my website if you like!! Feel free to send me an email if you have any questions! HTH!

I love PKJ!! Glad that you like them! I don't have the Fat Blaster or the Ball workouts, but have most of the other ones!

Fat Blaster came with the TJ elite package. That is a great package deal. You get 2 Cardio party mixes with the Fat Blaster. FB is nothing but turbo's. I haven't done it yet. I plan to use it for HIIT.

In my opinion, there is nothing "spazzing" about Turbo Jams at all. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I LOVE these workouts. They are not intended to be pure, kickbox workouts. Chalene is a wonderful instructor; she is so positive, motivating and FUN. Turbo Jams never fail to lift my mood and are a wonderful adjunct to my extensive Cathe collection.

Sarah;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.