Turbo Jam spazzing?

I'll have to look into the Fat Blaster! That sounds like a good one too! I did Ab Jam y'day, I love that one. I do it w/ ankle weights on, even better! :)

>I just question the form, as it looks like someone who is new
>to exercising could get injured.

Not if they follow the first 2 instructional videos. JMO, of course!
I'm fairly new to Cathe's cardio. I love her strength videos, but her choreography is extremely complicated for anyone new to her cardio style. There are several of her moves I have to modify or I could really injure myself.

Yes, of course - I forgot about those because I sent them back!

And you're also right about Cathe - taken on their own, you probably could twist your ankle or something, but taken as a group, like the TJ workouts, you would get use to the style and therefore be able to anticipate what the workout would be like.

However, I think Cathe's form is impeccable in all her vids, and TJs is just sloppy-looking.

Thanks for discussing this with me!:)

Susan L.G.

I LOVE Turbo Jams! I don't think Chalene's form for kickboxing is bad at all and I'm pretty picky! I think some folks look at her dance moves and think "That's not kickboxing!" while others criticize Cathe for including hi-lo moves in her kickboxing workouts. It all gets your heart rate up and TJs are big time fun with zero dread factor. Personally, I don't want to do "throw up a lung" cardio every day :p...I just like to get a good sweat going and TJs are pefect for that.

As far as injury potential, as another poster mentioned, Chalene gives very good pointers for beginners in her instructional workouts. IMO, a new exerciser has a much higher injury potential doing Cathe's blasts in Kickmax than in groovin' with Chalene.

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

>As far as injury potential, as another poster mentioned,
>Chalene gives very good pointers for beginners in her
>instructional workouts. IMO, a new exerciser has a much higher
>injury potential doing Cathe's blasts in Kickmax than in
>groovin' with Chalene.

You said it perfectly, Jonahnah. Also, if you listen to Chalene, she is constantly giving gentle reminders to work at your own pace, modify where needed, and Mindy and Annarita are there to demonstate the no impact versions. Chalene's style is dancey (which I love), but not out of control, nor unsafe.

Sarah ;-)

Thanks to everyone for your posts here - I believe I am going to invest in some Turbo Jam when I get paid next week! I've actually been looking at this and P90X, but think Turbo Jam would be the easier to "sell" to DH, since I'll be getting STS when it's done. It seems redundant to get STS and P90X...Plus, Turbo Jam seems to really zoom in on the pooch area and obliterate it - which is the one and only area of concern I have! (Well, pooch and sides - but that seems to disappear, too from the looks of the infomercial.)

I also think I would have a blast doing cardio party workouts -I love to dance and have fun, and Tony Horton looks pretty intense, whereas Chalene looks FUN!

Tricia

They're both good and totally different type of workouts. Turbo Jam is fun and Ab Jam really is a good 20 min ab workout!! The cardio parties are dancy and a good time!

Shoot me an email if you have any questions!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.