Tracey's New Workouts - Sweatfest

>The kickboxing is a great workout. It's tough. For the
>first few combos, I used my bag - they were great for bag
>work. I have no problem with her cueing or her form.

Yea, I previewed Kickbox and I agree about the form. The cueing is just about right and will not be a big deal after the few go throughs. Upon preview I don't know if this will be my cup of tea, but I have high hopes. She was definitely trying to deliver what she thought a lot of people at VF wanted.

As for Tracey talking about form in capital letters...I'm pretty sure she was, again, responding to all the hub bub on VF and I'm betting she DID work on her form and thought it was/is good. She is a fitness instructor trying to put out workouts that appeal to the vocal masses at VF. I just don't expect her to have the same form as someone who does kickboxing exclusively or has kickboxing as their area of expertise. Of course, this is just my humble opinion.

The hi/lo looks like a blast to me.

The sculpt will be one I have to do before forming an opinion, but it DOES look unique and different from most of the sculpting workouts I own.

I tend to like Tracey's music and I like her camera presence. She is encouraging in a very calm way.

Right now, upon preview, I'm not going to love kickbox, but I will like it and it looks like it will make me nice and sore. I think I will love the hi/lo. I like sculpt on preview and may really, really like it once I do it.

My disclaimer is that all my opinions are subject to change after actually DOING the mentioned workouts.

Angela:7

I have had a chance to do Sweatfest Kickbox once, and I do think it is a good workout. I felt it work my entire body. Especially my legs. I am would consider myself a interm./advanced, and I actually had to pause a couple times. Especially when the kicking went into double time. I need to do this workout at least one more time before I know if I will really like this workout. So far, what I don't like are those block and x blocks. In my opinion, there are other much more effective moves you could insert there then those x-block, that just don't flow smoothly for me in double-time. Then again, I've only done the workout once. Practice makes perfect.

Wow, I must say, some of you ladies are a tough bunch, lol. I feel like a whimp amongst you, because I felt the workout is pretty challenging, especially when you put a little power behind your punches & kicks.

I just received mine today, and can't preview until either Sunday or Monday because of working all weekend. I can't wait, though!

I just did KB yesterday and in lieu of a long and complicated review I'll just say, scroll up and read Kathryn's review:D Thanks Kathryn!

However, I do want to add that I enjoyed this workout a great deal and the time went by very, very quickly.

I also think that some of the initial cueing issues will fade as I get more used to the workout, although there were only 3 instances where I found it to be a real problem.

In addition, I thought that for the most part Tracey's form was pretty solid in this, solid enough that most should have no problem with it. I do agree about the squats and the background excerciser. I also didn't care for the weird, kind of off beat, swing up into a jump kicks that was going on.

But, today, my upper body has some very nice DOMS and overall this is one I'll be using again.

:7
Mattea

I just got done doing the Kickbox one and although there were a few spots that were kind of odd like with the editing so the cueing was off, it was overall a really good workout. I know one I do it a few more times those little glitches won't even be a problem. I was sweating up a storm and it was a solid workout. This was my first ever purchase from her and I am pleased.

I just want to add that I have a nice case of DOM today after doing the kickbox workout yesterday. I feel it in my legs, core and shoulders. I used my bag tough and usually get a better workout when I do.

Well, I just did Sweatfest KB again today, for the 2nd time, and really liked it. Where Tracey goes into those block - x block moves, I did my own thing following more of a Powerstrike combo. I did jab/cross/hook/hook/upper/upper. The count was right and I got a better upper body workout, than doing the block x/block x move. It definitely was a sweatfest in my opinion.

I did try doing one of the premixes yesterday, and I must say, it was aweful. It made me really appreciate all the hard work Cathe puts into adding premixes to her workouts. There is no way I could do a premix from the sweatfest DVD. Nothing switched flawlessly for me at all. Before I give up on the premixes, I guess I should try it on another DVD, but I know the player in my workout room plays anything and everything. Have any of you tried any of the premixes? Did you have the same problem I did?

All in all, I love this workout. I'm glad about that since, I really do not like Amy Bento's KB Extreme.

Iris,

That is a good combination to do for the 7th combo. Jab/cross/hook/hook/upper/upper. Have you noticed that there aren't any hooks in this workout at all. I love the hooks myself. When Tracey does the jab/cross/jab, I do the jab/cross/hook. This seems to flow a little better. This workout has great potential with a few modifications. I feel the same as you do about Amy's KB Extreme. I tried this one numerous times and just couldn't get into it at all.

I will definitely be doing the combo you suggested for the last segment. Thank you for the input!

Cheryl

I did the Hi/Lo portion of SF Cardio tonight. I didn't love it is my first impression. I really thought I would like it quite a bit upon preview. Maybe after a second go through I will feel differently, but something about it was just off for me. It had a lot of latin flavor, which I usually enjoy, so maybe it was just an off night for me. I don't know. I plan on doing Sculpt tomorrow and the Kickbox on Tuesday (I think). Lately, I haven't been sticking to my rotation plans so we'll see.
Angela

I am really loving these workout. I have had more time to do them and like them more and more. The step i think is may fav step of all time, the combos are easy to learn but are refreshing and fun. I love the kickbox.. no jumping around but really works my core, arms, back and shoulders. I am surprised by the end how worked out i really am by this one. Since i love to do step so much, the kickbox is a good break on my lower body joints. The sculpt i have only done twice, but will use inbetween PS and S&H as a lighter day/recovery from heavy weights break. Any one on the fence about these workouts should order away. There are great clips on Tracey's web site.

Thanks Iris and Cheryl,
I am going to try your modifications on that combo. I did not care for those X blocks. And it was strange there were no hooks in the workout. I love those too. I think I will like this workout more doing your suggestions. I had some nice DOMS in my shoulders the first time i did this.
thanks
Jen

Cheryl & Jen,

I love the hook punch too. My abs get a good workout that way. Love the hook and Upper Cut, so I was happy to be able to get in soo many of them with this workout. I am not the best modifier, but I found it pretty easy to do so with this workout. Glad you found my suggestion helpful.

I finally got mine today!

I will probably do the step one tomorrow in place of Imax2 , which is on the rotation I am doing. The sculpt one will have to wait a little long, I guess.

One thing I noticed ....I thought there were supposed to be premixes?
I only looked at the step one, but I didn't see any...did I miss something?

>I did jab/cross/hook/hook/upper/upper.
>The count was right and I got a better upper body workout,
>than doing the block x/block x move.

I'll definitely do that next time, sounds like a more intense move (and less confusing!).

Kathryn,

I did the jab/cross/hook/hook/upper/upper this morning and it was much better physically and also mentally. It seemed I got so frustrated with that combo. I think even if I got it down, I still would not have liked that one. Whenever Tracey does jab/cross/jab, I have been doing jab/cross/hook. It seems to work the body harder and is more doable at the faster pace.

I do think that this KB will become my favorite with the modifications.

Cheryl

I did the step workout again today. I liked it even better the first time. I love this workout. It might just be my favorite step DVD.

I did combos 1-5 today for the first time.....after combos 1-5 of Imax2 and that was a great workout !
I really liked it and can't wait to try out the second half of Step Sweatfest.
Even after only doing half , I WAS sweating ! It was a good workout for me.}(

I didn't think Tracey's cueing is nearly as good as Cathe's and I didn't like the music that much but I'm glad I got the dvd.

Also got Sculpt Sweatfest and am anxious to try it too!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.