Toys...do you remember......

Ly10up

Cathlete
Barbie with a plasic head and wigs (she's fifty this year, damn she looks awesome)

The 007 briefcase with powder exploding (hmm, the the baby powder is missing)

I had a great kit that allowed me to twist a wire into a loop, dip it into a toxic plastic mixture of stuff, and when I had enough I could make a flower. I think it was called Fun Flowers, I never got to the point I actually made a flower but the toxic stuff was fun.

Spyrograph, with sharp pins, a cardboard base, plastic wheels and pens.

Yard Jarts :eek:

And yours?

I remember the Shrinky Dinks and Spirograph. Simon. Speak N Spell. My Little Pony. Barbie's "remote control" corvette - the remote had a cord. Cabbage Patch kids. Holly Hobby.

I was a child of the 80s

Nan

Geez, Melissa, I hit my sister in the back of the head with a jart once!!

I vaguely remember those flowers.... but that reminds me of superelasticbubble plastic.... remember that? Similar stuff, I think! Creepy Crawlers and Creepy People.

-Beth

hula hoops

Dunkin butterfly yoyos (I had a mean round the world and walk the dog)

Beth....super fantasitic Bubble plastic. Ahhhh all at the end of a plastic straw.

playdoh...

Silly puddy...a super ball or a comics transfer

I had a Pebbles doll, we always played the game of Life, Jacks -one of my favorite games, (I still have my metal jacks).

Joanne

ACK! You are all naming toys popular when my SON was a child! Make me feel really old why doncha? :p

My Barbie had a cardboard house, and there was no car. The furniture was cardboard too. I still have that house, along with my Barbie, Skipper, Midge and Ken. They all had their own plastic carrying cases.

Not only that, my Barbie was the very first one ever made. :D

I do remember those butterfly yo-yo's -- they were great -- wonder if they still make 'em.

I had an awesome playhouse that was like an Eichler house -- "glass" (clear plastic) outside walls and no roof (ok, Eichler put roofs on his houses). All the people for it had magnets on the bottom and then it came with long wands that you used below the house to move the people around (I can't remember how the house was elevated so the wand fit under). Does anyone remember this?!

-Beth

How about a game of Twister? Trolls, Pee-wee's. Balls and paddles. Roller skates with a key that you hung around your neck. Hot Wheels cars and tracks. Good old bikes with banana seats and ape hanger handle bars. I was a child growing up in the 60's.

My sis had a Chrissy doll, she had long auburn hair thatyou could pull out of her head to make it longer. Sounds freaky now.

Also had the Big ole Barbie head that you could put makeup on!!

What about that oven? What was it called? You baked the kits in them?
I was a deprived child, didn'ty have one. :( Neighbor kids did though & shared. :D

Slip 'N Slides!!

My Barbie had a cardboard house, and there was no car. The furniture was cardboard too. I still have that house, along with my Barbie, Skipper, Midge and Ken. They all had their own plastic carrying cases.

Not only that, my Barbie was the very first one ever made. :D

Same goes for me! Minus the cardboard house. I didn't have the house.:( I had the camper later on.;)
I loved loved my Barbie! I played with her through my freshman year in HS:eek:
I was a young freshman:D

Next to Barbie.....my easy bake oven:cool:

Child of the 80's here...

"Jem, Jem is truely outrageous, ohhhhh, JEM!"

K, she wasn't cool even back then ('cept maybe for her light up, blinky earrings!)!!
MJ

I'm going to show my age by remembering Chatty Cathy dolls.

JeanneMarie, I had that cardboard Barbie house too!

I'm with Robin here. Our toys were all cardboard and magnets. No Barbie house, car, hotel etc for us. We did have the super cool bike with the banana seat and white basket on the front!!!!

The rest of the toys you speak of, I remember them for my nieces and nephews who are 34 and under!!!!!

ellie

I loved my banana seat bike. It was a Strawberry Shortcake bike, with pink. red, and white streamers on the handles and a white basket. The seat was white w/ strawberries. It was my 1st bike. When I got older I had a bike w/ a pink banana seat w/ silver sparkly stripes. I would kill for a bike with a banana seat. Regular bike seats hurt my girl parts.:eek::confused::eek: I don't ride enough to get used to it.

Nan

The Easy Bake oven Tami. That made real brownies. :)

Slime--that stuff was nasty. Looked like snot & always got all kinds of hair & stuff stuck in it.

Green plastic army men--boy did we have some all out wars when we were kids!

Raggedy Ann & Andy--loved them!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.