Toys...do you remember......

I had an Easy Bake Oven, but as soon as the mixes that came with it were gone, that was it. No more easy baking.

I had Barbie doll and a Midge doll.

I also had a doll called Giggles. When you moved her arms in and out she would giggle. My brother talked me into letting him take it apart because he wanted to see how it worked.

I was born the same year as the Barbie doll. Those days were very unlike how they are now. We only got new toys on birthdays and Christmas and not a whole lot of them on those occasions. Mostly, we played outside on our bikes and roller skates (with the key). I remember how my feet would vibrate when skating on the street rather than the sidewalk.

I had Cabbage Patch dolls, My Little Ponies, Hot Wheels, Light Bright, Glo Worms, Snorks, California Raisins, Bouncin' Babies, Pamela (I actually hated that doll - thought it was possessed), various Ghostbuster toys, Playdough, Barbies and Ken's with their legs ducktaped on... Awe, memories...

I loved my bike with the banana seat :D...it was hot pink with the white basket on the front....they should bring that back....

Laura,

Love Raggedy Ann and Andy....funny story I am a twin and we got these for Christman and I got Raggedy Ann and my sister got Andy and she was so upset that she got a boy doll...my Mom tried to tell her that Andy was a girl in a nurse costume HA HA because of Andy hat....my sister did not buy it AT ALL!!!

I loved my hungry hungry hippos and i had the barbie corvette with the corded remote. I think it was yellow. I had a holly hobby oven that never really cooked anything well. Of course who expected a light bulb to cook brownies? And the cabbage patch kids? What good times!

I remember the chatty cathy doll. The metal slinky toy and the slinky toy that was part dog; How about the shoop shoop hula hoop. My brothers had a metal cap gun that hurt when you threw it at one of your siblings. :eek:

Carmen.

I loved my Cabbage Patch doll! I also really liked the Speak and Spell! I would buy one off ebay just for the memories factor!

Carrie

Growing up Skipper

This is the one I remember and am shocked I had and asked for. You twisted her arm and her waist got longer and thinner and her boobs grew. Did anyone else have this one? My sister still has all our Barbie dolls up in her attic.

They still sell a lot of these!!! My girls play with My Little Ponies and Hungry, Hungry Hippo (I always wanted that game and never had it, so bought it for my girls ;)). They still sell Lite Brites, Easy Bake Ovens, Sit and Spins, and Slip 'n Slides.

I had a Chrissy doll too, although I would never have remembered her name, but do remember pulling her hair out of the top of her head and cutting her hair off. My mom wouldn't buy me any more hair, so my Chrissy Doll looked very pathetic all the time :(

Heck yeah! I still have mine! ;)

Yep, I still have my trolls too! I had a little plastic carrying case/troll house to keep them in. My favorite troll had long, BLUE hair! :D

Oh, and what about "Liddle Kiddles"? I still have all of those too!

Last edited:
This is the one I remember and am shocked I had and asked for. You twisted her arm and her waist got longer and thinner and her boobs grew. Did anyone else have this one? My sister still has all our Barbie dolls up in her attic.

I had the Skipper doll! I think she was supposed to grow from a little kid to a teen.

I loved my Barbies and I had the Honey Hill Bunch, too.

My daughter loves My Little Ponies - she's obsessed with them.

Erica

Chutes and Ladders

Head of the class

Mouse trap

Boy I loved those, and have recently purchased them for my daughter.....maybe so I could play them again? ;)

Malibu Barbie & Ken

My favorite was Live Action Barbie (she had posable wrists & a wobbling platform where she "danced") and wore a psychodelic outfit w/ long fringe. :eek:

Little Kiddles (and their house) HUGE heads on tiny bodies

Dawn, Gloria, Angie and somebody else I can't remember (mid sized)

Paper dolls

Which Witch game

Ouija (sp??) board - a necessity for slumber parties & sleepovers

Wow this brings back old memories.

I had a Maxi doll. She was taller then barbie and had cooler clothes. Also, she had a certain smell.....a pleasent one. The only barbie I ever owned was the country Barbie that had a button on her back to make her wink. Many years later in a Barbie collection book I found out that barbie was the most mass produced barbie in 1981 or 82 and that was the only reason she was in the book.

In memory of MJ, I had a portable record player that was white with a rainbow on the front; I would play the thriller album and when it would get to Thriller I could only listen to the first minute then get scared and would turn it off.

I only had one Cabbage Patch doll, my pride and joy! For many years my mother would get me the fake ones. So when I would take them to friends houses they would always want to see the bum for the signature. I still remember how they would sell the fake ones, one bin with the heads, and one bin for the bodies, lol.

Other honorable mentions would be Wrinkles, Popples, Fisher Price roller skates, and Atari 2600! My dolls would go to the drive-in in the pink barbie corvette and watch me play Atari.

I wish I had all my toys today to go play. I was in an antique store and found the same Holly Hobbies lunch pail I had in mint condition. I was really tempted to buy it but it was $50!

Barbies with various hairstyles: bubble head, ponytail (if you pulled it out she had male pattern baldness lol), color-hair, etc. I never liked the bendable legs ones as well. Too hard to get the clothes on and off. Plus if you played high-dive Barbie those stiff feet stuck really well in acoustic ceilings :p My mom used to sew all kinds of outfits for our Barbies (they made patterns). They were much cooler than the ones they sold. We used the heads of straight pins to make pierced earrings for our Barbies. ;)

Loved the trolls. Even though they creeped my mom out. :rolleyes: Had a troll house. Seems like it was something like the Flintstone house

Chatty Cathy, Hi Heidi, the babydolls that peed after you fed them (don't remember their name)

Loved the easy bake oven! Bought the replacement mixes all the time.

Did not care for the smelly ones like the creepy crawly oven or the plastic flowers. But we had them :cool: I doubt they could sell this now without all kinds of warnings since it was pretty dangerous. Do they still sell woodburning kits for kids? :eek:

Yes I was a child of the 60's.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.