Top 3 'Non Cathe' Fitness videos

Bernard

Cathlete
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering what everyone's top 3 'non Cathe' Videos are ? I know this is going to be hard but I am curious (as ever !) as to what do you reach for when wanting to do a workout thats not too taxing ?

Many Thanks

Anna

Hi Anna,

I only have 2....I really like The Firm Vol. 1 aka Body Sculpting Basics. Don't let "basics" fool you. It's tough, an endurance type tape where the lead, Suzan Harris takes you through a quick paced 60 minute weight lifting and aerobic workout. The only equipment she uses are dumbbells, bar bell and ankle weights.

My other fav is also of the Firm, Super Body Sculpting. It is also endurance type workout. The one problem I do have with it, are the leads. They are kind of "plastic." Some people really like them, I find them too choreographed. There isn't any personality in them. The women might be great instructors in person, but I think they got camera shy and just had to go through the motions. I don't think this one is available anymore.

"You have within you more resources of energy than have ever been tapped, more talent than has ever been exploited, more strength than has ever been tested, and more to give than you have ever given". John Gardner

Good question, I had to think about which videos I use besides Cathes.
Crunch Fat Blaster Step (I looooove Kendal and the music) Lots of fun. Not difficult enough but it is a lot of fun. Too bad Kendal doesn't come out with another video, longer and harder.

2. Angles Lines and Curves II, this is so much more difficult than the first one but makes me feel so graceful and strong. It is actually a tie between this and NYC ballet.

3. Tie between CIA 2203 Boot Camp plus Cardio Kickit and Body Bar: Energy Action Circuit with Mindy Mylrea. Both instructors are so energetic and funny and personal.

My top 3 other than Cathe would be:
1. Mindy Mylrea Strength Express
2. Reebok Final Cuts with Leigh Crews
3. Fit Prime Any of the first 3

Hi!

My current answer (these things can change) is:

1. Cory Everson Get Hard Arms and Shoulders
2. Intense Moves
3. Firm Standing Legs

I wish Cory would make more videos like GHAS.

Rose

i like karen voight's great weighted workout. it's quicker with lighter weights and i love the lower body section which are all lying down exercises.

1. Reebok Intense Moves -- Interval training

2. karen Voight's Energy Sprint -- Interval training

3. Mindy Mylrea -- Interval training and Pump Party Video (can't remember the exact title)

I only seem to do other people's interval routines, but for me, when it comes to a classic step workout, there's no-one quite like Cathe and I never weight train with anyone else.

CLare

My three are:

Totally Cool Step (Christy Taylor)
Still Steppin' (Christiy Taylor)
Kickbox (Kathy Smith)

DeeDee

1. Reebok's Intense Moves
2. CIA's Powerbar Training
3. Powerstrike Millenium

I'm sure Mindy Mylrea would be on my list, but so far I've only previewed my Mindy videos. However, she's first on my list for making me laugh! She's a riot!

Stacy

1) Intense Moves
2) Powerstrike Millenium
3) Christi Taylor Happy Hour Hi/Lo

But to answer your question, when I'm looking for something that's less intense than Cathe (the above videos are almost equal to Cathe even though 2&3 are lower impact) I usually pull out my Charlene Prickett Low Impact High Intensity. It's boring but it's effective. It's almost 60 minutes of low impact cardio that gets me in that fat burning zone.

Mine are:
CIA 2203: Cardio Strike Zone + Boot Camp
Reebok: Intense Moves
Mindy M.: Extreme Intervals + Pump Party

Donna

Mine would be all be Firms:

1. Maxiumum Cardio w/ Carissa Foster
2. Tough Tape 2, parts series
3. Super Sculpting, w/Carissa Foster, Dale Brabham, Nancy Tucker and Jeniffer Carmen

I've just discovered Cathe recently. Truth be told, I love her so much I've only done her tapes since recieving them! And, I've already ordered The Intesity Series :)

I don't have many videos, but my other favourite is Great Weighted Workout by Karen Voight. It doesn't matter how strong you think are working with Cathe's tapes and lifting heavy weight, when I go back to this one I still have difficulty performing the sets using 2kg dumbells (for Cathe, I use up 18kg). It keeps me in check.

Yen

Since coming across Cathe in Feb., I have traded away all my other videos, but my 3 faves from those were:
Keli Roberts Real Fitness Step Workout
The Firm's Crosstrainers Firm Cardio
The Firm's Fat Blaster.

Looking back, the warm-up from Imax is tougher than most of these videos. Have fun!

1. Intense Moves
2. Extreme Intervals + Pump Party (Mindy Mylrea)
3. Kathy Smith- I forget what it's called, but it's a year old and consists of 2 cardio cycles with weights after each cycle.

First, I can't believe everyone read your entire post, since you are looking for workouts that "aren't too taxing" and several people mentioned Mindy Mylrea. Are you guys super fit or what?

Anyway, my three favorite non-Cathe videos are:
1)Powerstrike Millenium
2)Urban Rebounding Challenge or original
3)Firm super cardio

In the "not too taxing" category, my three favorite are:
1) Karen Voight sleek physique DVD
2) Firm step something or other
3) Kathy Smith Kickboxing

FYI: my list of "favorites" changes all the time, as I get in different moods.

1) Kari Anderson--Danceworks !!!!! (really fun choreography)
2) Kari Anderson-- Sweat Express
3) Ummmm.....Kathi Smith-- Great Buns and Thighs (you have to really work it but if you do you can feel it the next day)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.