Tony Horton ain't got nothin' on Cathe

melagras

Cathlete
I recently ordered P90X and tried out Kenpo X and Cardio X this week. I didn't even work up a sweat. When I'm finished with one of Cathe's step, HiiT or kickboxing workouts, I'm huffing and puffing throughout the workout and soaking wet when its over.

I will probably return P90X for a refund. I got nothing out of it. Cathe's workouts are mentally as well as physically challenging. That is what I need. I don't like being bored.

I'm sticking with Cathe. Tony ain't got nothin' on her.

The weight work outs are what "makes" the X. Not saying they are better then Cathe. Just saying that they are the bread and butter of that series. Cathe's cardio kicks the X's butt hands down though. That's for sure.

That being said, I have and completed a P90X rotation and got great results so I am personally a fan b/c of that and well...I also think Tony is uber hawt! ;):p:D

I agree about the cardio

The weight work outs are what "makes" the X. Not saying they are better then Cathe. Just saying that they are the bread and butter of that series. Cathe's cardio kicks the X's butt hands down though. That's for sure.

That being said, I have and completed a P90X rotation and got great results so I am personally a fan b/c of that and well...I admit I think Tony is uber hawt! ;):p:D
Cathe's cardio workouts are WAY superior!!!!

That being said, I have and completed a P90X rotation and got great results so I am personally a fan b/c of that and well...I also think Tony is uber hawt! ;):p:D
Tony is definitely a hottie.

Once I finish STS in 8 weeks, I'll give the weight workouts a shot. I'll substitute Cathe's cardio in place of Kenpo X and Cardio X.

I was planning on pre-ordering P90X2 Ultimate package to get the free shipping. The equipment included alone is worth it. I will probably wait until I get a chance to use the weight workouts in P90X to decide if I want to add it to my workout collection.

I agree, Cathe's cardio is superior... but Tony's weight workouts are EXCELLENT. The weight workouts are really what makes P90X what it is. The cardio was only ever 'suplementary' to the main system, in my opinion. Don't return it until you try the weights workouts. Try Chest and Back, and then see if you don't break into a sweat! :)

However, I think Cathe is quite tough to beat! :)

I agree, I did the P90X program and it was not nearly challenging enough for me, personally. I think they are definitely great workouts, but I think the weight work in STS gave me far greater results than P90X.

Cathe's weight work is also better :)

I totally agree! Cathe is just way better!:D I did P90X yrs ago & honestly after buying STS, there is no comparison IMO. Cathe put so much MORE into her program. When anyone asks me about P90X I tell them there is something so much better & send then to cathe.com

I totally agree! Cathe is just way better!:D I did P90X yrs ago & honestly after buying STS, there is no comparison IMO. Cathe put so much MORE into her program. When anyone asks me about P90X I tell them there is something so much better & send then to cathe.com

I do the same thing. :)

Yeah, the cardio in P90X is lame, but I got many compliments on my upper body from doing P90X. I just substituted Cathe's cardio in place of Cardio X. I have to admit, I like KenpoX when I don't feel like doing alot of jumping around.

I agree, the cardio with P90x leaves something to be desired...but the strength and yoga workouts and abripperx are pretty freakin good. :) Try those before you send it back. When I did P90x, I subbed my own cardio and still had great results.

I agree, Cathe's cardio is superior... but Tony's weight workouts are EXCELLENT. The weight workouts are really what makes P90X what it is. The cardio was only ever 'suplementary' to the main system, in my opinion. Don't return it until you try the weights workouts. Try Chest and Back, and then see if you don't break into a sweat! :)

However, I think Cathe is quite tough to beat! :)
ITA!

The cardio in P90X is specifically designed to NOT be so intense that it would break down muscle or burn too many calories. P90X is a total SYSTEM that works synergistically.

"Shoulders and Arms" is one of the best weight workouts around, IMO.

Not all cardio has to be (or SHOULD be) "intense" and something that leaves you huffing and puffing.

ITA!

The cardio in P90X is specifically designed to NOT be so intense that it would break down muscle or burn too many calories. P90X is a total SYSTEM that works synergistically.

"Shoulders and Arms" is one of the best weight workouts around, IMO.

Not all cardio has to be (or SHOULD be) "intense" and something that leaves you huffing and puffing.
That make sense. Thanks for the info! I just finished my second "tryout" of P90X. I used Chest and Back this evening. I am feeling it right now.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.