This Weekend Road Trippers, please

JT

Cathlete
update us on your weekend and post your pics. We want to hear stories too.
Thanks. And, Have Fun!!!

Okay. I got here at what I thought was 2:30, just before check in stopped at 3 only to find I forgot about the time difference, so was here in plenty of time and. Ow am just sitting around wAiting for our first workout!!!!!

At check in we got some lovely goodies...neat wrist bands, t-shirt, water bottle and bag to carry it all in. See pics if I can attach them.

Our first workout is in 45 minutes. No idea what it will be, but just spent 6 hrs in a car so it will be good to move, but I'm really scared, nervous and tremendously excited. Not sure why I feel scared and nervous, just do.

This resort is lively, so good job to Cqthe and crew for the selection.

Wow, really starting to get nervous. All this adrenalin shod help with whatever Cathe throws at us.

Wish so much all of the Cathletes could be here to work out together!

You can't see from the photo what the wrist bands say. The light one says wheres your game face on one side and Chicago RT 2012 on the other. The black one says Cathe loves Cathletes on one side and Cathletes love Cathe on the other. :).

gratefuldog said:
How exciting!! Please keep posting stuff! We on this side will live vicariously through you guys for the weekend! What fun!:cool:

Will do! I know this is TMI, but I am so nervous I just had to go put on some more antiperspirant. I might be the first Cathlete to reach her target heart rate before the workout begins.

I really love this forum and have learned a lot from us Cathletes, so I'm excited to be able to share something.

Oh and I meant this resort was lovely not lively...autocorrect...

Off to work out. EEEEEEKKKKKK!!!!!!!

First workout was Afterburn! Not exactly like the DVD, but in concept. Some of the same moves, some from the new workouts! One that I loved was lateral squats while pressing weights! Best part was when Cathe let us pick the moves. She asked what our favorites were My mind immediately went blank, but somebody asked for fire walkers and then we did jumping jacks with the fire walker bands on which Cathe also said was from the new workouts.

By the way, one of Cathe's first questions was who was nervous. She knows us so well. She

image-1498425466.jpg

said there was t any reason to be nervous and she was right. It was so much fun!

Photo attached. Cathe's the speck on the stage. It was right before we got started

Oh I'm here alone, but didn't feel alone when I got downstairs to workout, :)

Gotta shower before dinner!

For me, I'm unemployed but IF I was working, I could get to that part of Chicago in about 4-5 hours. So close, but so far away.

Hey everybody. Look who stopped by our table at dinner. Dinner was great and were going to do some yoga and talk with Cathe.

image-2877060047.jpg

This evening was dinner, yoga and then q&a with Cathe. Cathe was really generous with her time taking pictures and chatting with us after dinner. The yoga class was great...relaxing but with some tough moves thrown in.

Q&a was awesome. for example, Cathe was asked how she and crew always look so good in videos. She said during rehearsals they go through the routine flawlessly (sometimes twice in a row!) so that they'll know what we'll be feeling, but when it comes to filming they do have to take breaks because since the lights are so hot (110 degrees sometimes) they sweat so much they just look awful, like they wet their pants or their make up is streaking off. Made me laugh inside, because that pretty much describes how I look during a Cathe workout, but with a bright red face, too!

Heres a pic from the q&a.

image-758825531.jpg

Trixoo said:
This evening was dinner, yoga and then q&a with Cathe. Cathe was really generous with her time taking pictures and chatting with us after dinner. The yoga class was great...relaxing but with some tough moves thrown in.

Q&a was awesome. for example, Cathe was asked how she and crew always look so good in videos. She said during rehearsals they go through the routine flawlessly (sometimes twice in a row!) so that they'll know what we'll be feeling, but when it comes to filming they do have to take breaks because since the lights are so hot (110 degrees sometimes) they sweat so much they just look awful, like they wet their pants or their make up is streaking off. Made me laugh inside, because that pretty much describes how I look during a Cathe workout, but with a bright red face, too!

Heres a pic from the q&a.

Thank you Trixoo for taking the time to share with us. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading about the trip!

Have a great weekend :)

Thank you, Trixoo, keep them coming. Cathe is posting on FB too. They all know we are interested in pics/stories.

gratefuldog said:
Me too! I am super shy so this type of thing would suck the life out of me! But what an experience!!! I think my main fear is to not be able to follow along with the workout....but I CAN:D do AB!!
Looks like a blast!! Can't wait to hear more and more!

I am an introvert too and am at the road trip. It's sucking the life right out of me. I will need to sleep for days...not from the workouts but because of the stress. :)

Still haven't met Cathe yet although I was in the front row for today's workout which felt great!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.