This Weekend Road Trippers, please

Day 2. Woke up with DOMS, curse you afterburn! At least I wasn't the only one. Pretty much everybody I was talking to had some in their glutes, hips, hammies, and/or low back. You know, just like when u do it at home!

This morning we all met for a group photo where Cathe showed up wearing tshirt that said "boss". I thought that was pretty funny.

Then off to our first workout: kickboxing and slide and glide. We got the chance to go on stage with Cathe. I was too shy(a very rare occurrence for me), plus I look like a dork when I kickbox. So I didn't. But lots of Cathletes did. :)

Next workout is in about 20 mins. At some point today we're going to do lower body blast. I love that workout, but not sure how I'll get through it. I will, though, Cathe always makes sure I do at home, so she will here, too.

I should add that I can't take ibuprofen or aspirin for medical reasons, so if I could, maybe I wouldn't be so worried about lbb coming up!

I am having a total blast, though!

Thanks, Trixoo. I saw the group shot on FB plus the Boss tee already. It's good that many have smartphones or iPhones there to take pics and post.

I am an introvert too and am at the road trip. It's sucking the life right out of me. I will need to sleep for days...not from the workouts but because of the stress. :)

Still haven't met Cathe yet although I was in the front row for today's workout which felt great!

Yay for the front row Susan! You go girl!!!! :D

Well, we just did total body conditioning, almost all upper body. We only have bands and 5 lb weights, so it was higher rep workout, but Cathe still got us!

For those of you who want to follow along at home, you should have do kick max ( about 40 mins) and 1/2 slide and glide, then later maybe high reps upper body premix followed by your choice of a core max workout. Only one more workout left today(!) and Cathe has promised it will be intensely cardio and lower body focused. Gotta go take a nap!

Oh I forgot to add that in addition to feel fit wear, Cathe has all her DVDs, lots of equipment, tshirts, etc for sale at great prices...like the daily deals. Just FYI for those of you who are on the fence about a future road trip...you should come for the great deals!

You ladies rock!!! Thanks for taking the time to update us! I have been to 2 RTs and such a good time , was bummed I couldn't make this one, but will be in NJ in July. It's sounds like another awesome trip. Loving the updates...have fun ladies!!!!!!!!

Trixoo,

Thanks so much for the posts. I almost feel like I'm there. Maybe one day! I hope you survive your last workout of the day.

Well, we all did it! This afternoon's workout was a lower body intensive cardio, so, if you're playing along at home, I think lower body blast would be a good substitute. Dang I'm sore!

Tonight is dinner followed by a Feel Fit Wear fashion show. I'll try to get some pictures, especially since the models will be fellow Cathletes. :).

At this afternoon's workout they shot some video of Cathe and us, so look for it soon on Facebook.

Tomorrow morning's workout (7:30 am) is bootcamp, so go soak in some epsom salts after lbb. I've made a mental note that they're a must for future road trips!

Oh, I also meant to tell you that working out with Cathe in person is cool for lots of reason, but two do them are that she does moves you've never seen on her videos. She also makes all kinds of comments like she does on the videos. Yesterday when we were doing yoga, we all collectively moved into a particular position. It was quiet and you could hear knees cracking all over the place and Cathe said "I hear those creakies...". We all laughed because the timing was perfect and I think we were all think how loud all the cracking was.

Off to shower. Glad to know some of you are enjoying these posts. I hope very much you have the oppry to go on a road trip...and I'm there to meet you!

Roadtrippers ??

So Im wondering how do you like exercising "hard" multiple times during the day? Are you exhausted? Do you have a "dread" feeling? Or is it so much fun that you don't care?

Also, which of the backgrounder ladies are there? Are Jai and Amanda there? or is it just Cathe...

Loving your updates! Keep them coming!

Elena

hrcfitness said:
So Im wondering how do you like exercising "hard" multiple times during the day? Are you exhausted? Do you have a "dread" feeling? Or is it so much fun that you don't care?

Also, which of the backgrounder ladies are there? Are Jai and Amanda there? or is it just Cathe...

Loving your updates! Keep them coming!

Elena

Adrenlin would do it for me

Re working out so many times a day, I am really sore, but once we get in the room, cahenmake la it so much fun, you just find yourself doing it. This is t something I would necessarily choose to do at home. :)

You're not going to believe it, but I met Susanzabo. She and her new friend Amanda were at my dinner table tonight. It was nice to meet you Susan! And for the record, she was still breathing when I left, so if the life really does get sucked out of her, it wasn't me.

Whoever asked, no, none of Cathe's workout crew are here.

Here are some pics from the fashion show. I have to say, the quality of the feel fit wear clothes is high...very nice stitching and fabric. Seems it would last a long time.

Til tomorrow!

image-3920521418.jpg

image-2259676866.jpg

Any more "news" on the up coming workouts? I'd love to hear more about them. Thanks for giving us a glimpse of what a RT is like!

Thanks Trixoo for all the updates. I've been checking in and reading along since Friday. I appreciate you taking the time to post.

Sarah

I've been following along as well and appreciating all the updates! :D

Question: how many are in attendance? And is it more or less than how many people typically attend the New Jersey road trip? I've never done a road trip before. Well, not yet anyway! Definitely on my bucket list. From the pictures some of you have posted it seems like it's a smaller crowd, but maybe that's just the way it looks.

I always wondered how they filmed the workouts. It was nice to read about what Cathe had to say, how they take breaks, etc.

Glad the road trippers are having fun! You are lucky ducks!!! :D:D:D

KARA

There are about 143-148 of us here. They could have accommodated up to 175. It's a pretty large group! The NJ road trip takes 105 Cathletes.

Re the new workouts, Cathe showed us a couple of the new moves, said they were coming along great, but said she couldn't share much more than that. From her comments it seemed to me that they haven't started filming yet, and probably not rehearsals.

At dinner last night mindymindy and her sister (oops blanking on her name) sang a song they wrote for Cathe. It was hilarious and anybody who's ever worked out with Cathe (us!) would relate to it. They taped it, and I SOOOO hope that they post it to Facebook so you can hear it. Wish we could post videos here.

Okay, I've been eating breakfast while typing this...50 minutes to bootcamp! I'm still sore, but not worried about this at all

One last thing, those of you who haven't come to a RT because you're shy or worried about working out with others, that's really NOT a factor. It's like being at home in the sense that while we're working out, we're all looking at Cathe to see what she's doing. We're not looking at each other. And we really are all at different fitness levels. While we certainly all workout, nobody has the time to check out who's doing what, because everybody in the room is working hard to keep up with Cathe! And some have really cute workout wear, others are in tshirts and sweatpants. There's a good mix of both, so you won't feel out of place. Same with body size. Bottom line: of you like the people in this forum, you'll feel super comfortable at the road trip.

Wow, that was some bootcamp!!! Fortunately, I woke up with less DOMS this morning, but it was so much fun it wouldn't have mattered! We were running, doing drills and at the very end, we made a big circle with Cathe in the middle and any Cathlete could go in the middle with Cathe and do their favorite move with her with the rest of us following along. Some favorites were terminators, squat jumps, plyo jumps, traveling pushups(!), but, fortunately not one tuck jump. :). It was a blast and we were all sweaty messes by the end, but Cathe hugged us all anyway!

Well, time to pack and go home. If you ever have this chance, please do yourself a favor and don't pass it up!

image-1748097001.jpg

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.