The thief who stole my credit card is constipated and overweight.

Wow, that's odd that two different people had the same kinds of items charged.

My card # was recently stolen. They tried to charge $468 at a pet store, but the CC stopped the transaction. Right before this charge, the person charged $ 0.71 to see if the card was valid. This alerted the CC company.

My sister had her card # stolen, too. This guy charged a $50,000 car. The CC company never stopped the charge or questioned it. Yet, every month when she charges her rent (for CC rewards) they call her about the charge.:( I think this one was an inside job.

Namita...that's crazy!!! If they didn't stop the charge or question it, you mean the person got away with a $50,000 car clear and free? Your sister wasn't responsible for the charges, I'm sure...how long did it take her to go back and forth with the company? And is she still using the same CC# for her rent? Surely they closed the card and sent her a new one. YIKES...what a nightmare for your sister!

Namita...that's crazy!!! If they didn't stop the charge or question it, you mean the person got away with a $50,000 car clear and free? Your sister wasn't responsible for the charges, I'm sure...how long did it take her to go back and forth with the company? And is she still using the same CC# for her rent? Surely they closed the card and sent her a new one. YIKES...what a nightmare for your sister!

My sister checks her CC everyday online. She picked up on the charge right away. She called and had it removed. She did have to argue, but she argued back. She questioned why they would even let a charge go through like that and not question it. They did remove it.

The irony of this is that she doesn't drive or has ever had a driving license.

Yes, she got a new card with a new number.

My sister checks her CC everyday online. She picked up on the charge right away. She called and had it removed. She did have to argue, but she argued back. She questioned why they would even let a charge go through like that and not question it. They did remove it.

The irony of this is that she doesn't drive or has ever had a driving license.

Yes, she got a new card with a new number.

Namita...that is the wildest thing I've ever heard. A few charges that total $20 is one thing...but $50,000?!? It sounds like you're right...some kind of inner security breach.

PS...I bet she almost had a heart attack when she checked her bill that day!

:) Jonezie

me too

How do I know this little tidbit about the dirtbag that got ahold of my credit card number? Oh, because the little minx ordered (so far) 4 bottles of colon cleaners, diet pills, and fat burners.

Too bad I can't find whoever did it and shove a Cathe DVD down her throat! :cool:

Long time Cathe follower, but first time message poster...

On January 7th, someone purchased 9 items of colon cleanse, acai berry, and fat burners on my credit card too. Each was for $1.99 to $3.99.

Our names must have been on the same list of stolen credit card numbers...

Long time Cathe follower, but first time message poster...

On January 7th, someone purchased 9 items of colon cleanse, acai berry, and fat burners on my credit card too. Each was for $1.99 to $3.99.

OK...that is too weird. If 3 of you have had this happen, do you have the same credit card company? Or have you all purchased something from the same fitness/nutrition/supplement company? This sounds like major fraud going on, like someone hopes the charges are too small to notice, but are, collectively, major bucks for them. I can see it now..."Cathletes Compare Notes and Bring Down Major Theft Ring....News at 11."

Seriously, maybe the 3 of you should compare notes.

:) Jonezie

PS...Even more suspicious...I don't know any colon cleanses or fat burners that cost $1.99 - $3.99. It definitely sounds like a scam.

Just a thought : any of you order from Deep Discount DVD? (I had my CC compromised through them in the past, and will never order from them again)? That could be a 'fitness' link.

Where would they find those things that cheaply? That in itself seems odd to me.

Maybe they are 'ordering' from themselves? And the small amounts are just a test to see if they go through?

I had my debit card info stolen last year, and the first charges were 99 cent charges from trying to set up an online account at some CD download site (that was the first place to inform my bank of suspicious activity, because evidently the thief didn't have all the info they needed to make the charge go through.

When I found out that the scumbag also had tried to charge $180+ at (Kohls?) some online store, I thought they'd get caught because they'd have had to leave an address, but they had tried to order a gift certificate (in a very specific, odd amount).

When I talked to the campus police about this (the in-town police did diddly squat), I told the officer (who was telling me that students who'd gotten their CC info taken by other students didn't want to turn them in because they didn't want to "get them in trouble":confused:) that if I knew who'd gotten the info, I'd want to bust a cap in his ass (good thing the officer wasn't drinking anything at the time!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.