The thief who stole my credit card is constipated and overweight.

Govtgirl

Cathlete
How do I know this little tidbit about the dirtbag that got ahold of my credit card number? Oh, because the little minx ordered (so far) 4 bottles of colon cleaners, diet pills, and fat burners.

Too bad I can't find whoever did it and shove a Cathe DVD down her throat! :cool:

I see a purchase of Alli and Wise Potato chips leading to a new big underwear purchase at KMart. :D

i hope whoever enjoys their cleanse b/c i am sure it will be a "pleasant" experience with the stomach pains and lack of control of bodily functions letting go of the nasty. and that should be the lighter of the punishment for stealing! i simply cannot stand thieves!!

i hope you can get your matter resolved and restore your good credit. just pitiful that ppl stoop to this, and of all things orders this crap.

kassia

It sounds like an on line order, that means if the CC company fraud dept. researches it, they should be able to get a shipping address and possible locate the person. Then you would be able to press charges. Here's hoping she/he has a crappy day. Sounds like several are in his/her future.

How do I know this little tidbit about the dirtbag that got ahold of my credit card number? Oh, because the little minx ordered (so far) 4 bottles of colon cleaners, diet pills, and fat burners.

Too bad I can't find whoever did it and shove a Cathe DVD down her throat! :cool:

OK, this is weird. Last year, someone stole my SO's credit card number and ordered a bunch of "Colon Cleanse" products, diet pills, and fat burners. Also, a membership to AARP.

A few months after that, MY credit card # was stolen, and among the purchases was a bunch of the SAME colon cleanse/fat burner stuff. WHAT IS GOING ON? Is it possible that these people are being driven to lives of crime by a need for more fiber in their diets?

My husband has a theory that it is the people that are marketing and selling these products, and they have to prove a number of sales (pyramid scheme type scenarios), so they are stealing credit cards numbers and buying small amounts here and there to boost their numbers.

The charges were small...5 sales at $3.95 each, so maybe they figure people won't dispute it and have the charges removed.

They don't know me ;) I've already disputed it, and they're being removed. My credit card company is wonderful; they are the ones who alerted me about the pending charges.

Of course, until I knew what was going on, it was embarrassing to be at the mall and have my credit card denied :eek: Turns out the credit card company blocked my card until they could talk to me and see if the other charges were legit.

That is weird about you having the same situation Afreet......I think my husband may be onto something with his pyramid scheme theory,,.....

OK, this is weird. Last year, someone stole my SO's credit card number and ordered a bunch of "Colon Cleanse" products, diet pills, and fat burners. Also, a membership to AARP.

A few months after that, MY credit card # was stolen, and among the purchases was a bunch of the SAME colon cleanse/fat burner stuff. WHAT IS GOING ON? Is it possible that these people are being driven to lives of crime by a need for more fiber in their diets?

Next stop Fixodent and Depends. :p

Is your credit card company going to send you a new card with a new number? If not, you're always going to have to worry about this loser charging something on it.

Is your credit card company going to send you a new card with a new number? If not, you're always going to have to worry about this loser charging something on it.

You'll most definitely end up with a new credit card number, but make sure you update anything that automatically hits your credit card, like Netflix or a gym membership. My neighbor had to get a new credit card number, and her gym charged her a fee when the monthly dues payment was denied because of the change.

Yup, that's already on the way. The CC company actually disabled my card and I didn't know it...tres' embarrassing when I was at the mall on Saturday, having my card declined! :eek:

They are awesome at catching this stuff. Last year, some bozo bought $500 worth of DVD at Blockbuster in Michigan with my card (I'm in VA).

Hey, DVDs I can understand....colon cleansers (eeewww), not-so-much! ;)

Wow, that's odd that two different people had the same kinds of items charged.

My card # was recently stolen. They tried to charge $468 at a pet store, but the CC stopped the transaction. Right before this charge, the person charged $ 0.71 to see if the card was valid. This alerted the CC company.

My sister had her card # stolen, too. This guy charged a $50,000 car. The CC company never stopped the charge or questioned it. Yet, every month when she charges her rent (for CC rewards) they call her about the charge.:( I think this one was an inside job.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.