The Stability ball...

I got a 66 cm Body Ball (I'm sure it's the same as the stability ball) from KMart for $14.99(it comes with a pump). KMart also has a package that includes 66 cm Body ball, pump and stability workout video for $21.99. Excellent deals I think!

Two questions here. As an instructor ; how do you encourage your clients to use the ball... those that are a little leary and have a tendency to fall off of the ball. I am almos afraid to incorporate it into my class. I am worried about people falling off and hurting themselves. Second question: how about those peple that are feeling stress behind the kneecap when doing the hamstring work on the ball. Any form pointers here to alleviate that stress?? Any comments welcome here. Just hope someone answers!!

where did cathe buy that ball used in the Intensity Series?

i read somewhere that the size of the ball is dependent on a person's heigjt. so if i am 5'4", what ball should i use? thanks.

RE: where did cathe buy that ball used in the Intensity Series?

bumping.

I too want to know what size ball you use if you are on the short size.

55 cm is the size you would need if you are on the shorter side, under 5'6".
65 cm is is medium size for heights of 5'6" to 5'10"
75 cm is large size for over 5'10"

Just a comment on the stability ball - I bought a ball on line through spri.com last Sept. and the ball is just like the one Cathe uses in her tapes. I caught on really well. I was wondering why so many people had a hard time with the pikes.

Well, let me tell you, I bought another stability ball for my cottage, since I am there quite a bit. I bought a cheaper one. The plastic is totally see through and is not really durable like the better more expensive one I bought on line. It is much much harder doing anything on it thatn my other one. When I sit on it I sink way down. It is much harder to keep it steady and balance on it.

I am going to get another one on line for the cottage - it is well worth the extra $15. I really hate that ball.

What I am trying to say, is that just because it is cheaper doesn't mean it is of the same quality!

Cheryl

RE: where did cathe buy that ball used in the Intensity...

Cheryl, which ball did you order from spri? I looked at them and saw 3 different stability balls that might work - the maxafe, the standard, and the anti-burst. If you don't remember the name maybe you remember what you paid - they're all a little different. Thanks for the helpful info - I've been putting off getting a ball until I was sure it was the right one and I'm hoping one of these is it! Kellye :)

Where do I get a stability ball from? How do I order one? I want to get one of the intesity tapes, but .. the ball is an issue! Hele!

CeeCee

"If I don't stop, I have not failed.":7

Where do I get a stability ball from? How do I order one? I want to get one of the intesity tapes, but .. the ball is an issue! Hele!

CeeCee

CeeCee

RE: where did cathe buy that ball used in the Intensity...

Kellye,

Sorry, I just saw your post, I have been ogne for a few weeks. I can't remember which particular ball I got - but I am sure from spri they are all good plastic.

The ball is a MAXATE resist-a-ball 1-800-926-6225. Some of the ones you can buy in the store have cheaper plasitc, so when you sit on it, you sink way down and it is much harder to keep it in place. You can see right through the plastic.

The MAXATE ball I have is orange like Cathe's and very firm and much more stable.

I hope this helps - it makes a huge difference in keeping your form.

Cheryl

i just got an interesting book from the library. It's Pilates on the Ball by Colleen Craig. Its a great book. This book lists fitball.com which then refers to sites that sell their balls and other exercise products. This site sells the balls and videos. //www.balldynamics.com/interface.cfm

Would you believe that I got A GAIAM balance ball at Stop n Shop for $7.50. They were getting rid of their entire inventory.

Thanks for the info, Cheryl. I found their website and plan on ordering today. I've been using a large ball of my kids' but I don't think it's quite large or firm enough. Maybe those pikes will be easier now! Kellye:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.