The Hunger Games off topic

CDPotier

Cathlete
Has anybody read the triology? It is meant for young adults, but I think most of us know that adults can read it too. It is about young people who must fight to the death because of a rebel rebellion that took place, and it is also in a fantasy world. The Hunger Games is on Netflix, and I watched it on there, and I have the second DVD coming, which is called Catching Fire.

I have read the trilogy when they first came out - it is probably meant for the younger crowd and I'd bought it for my 14 year old son. I have to say I really enjoyed both the books and the 1st 2 movies despite enduring the mortified look of a few friends that I would actually take my son to such a movie considering some of the content. One really has to see the movies to understand it's not about the killing but no point in starting a thread about morality! As for the books, if I remember correctly the 2nd one was a bit slow going but the others were fabulous. They were written so well that as I was in the theatre I could have sworn I'd seen it before because the books were so vivid in content.

Last edited:
I read the first 2 books. I could never get into the 3rd one though. It was just so slow. I liked the first 2 books better than the movies. I talked with my much younger brother 19 about this and he felt exactly the same.

I read the books and have only seen the first movie. For me, it doesn't matter that its for younger people. I absolutely love a good story (I'm Irish and its all about the story telling).;) Years ago my daughter finally convinced me to get into the Harry Potter books. I listened to them on cd......incredible stories. Imagination, creation, love, fear, redemption, honor etc, etc. Simply said......a great story. I'm an avid reader, classics, biographies, historical, suspense, true crime, even research work. There's nothing like a great story!

I've read all three books and have seen the first two movies. Got the books for my 11-yo DD but I ended up enjoying them just as much as she did.

Stebby

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.