The Classics Vol. 1

Armywife

Cathlete
I don't really hear too much about the workouts on this DVD. I love Cardio Hits and am looking for more and wondered what you all thought about this one. Any advice or experience with them would be very helpful. I've watched the clips but you can't get a total idea about them until you've done them and that is why I want some opinions.

Thanks,

Toni

I personally haven't done any of these but from what I have learned on these boards, Cathe breaks down the moves much more in these than in her more recent ones. I don't think they are quite as advanced as her newer step videos but a lot of the moves she used in her more current videos are in these older ones. Hope this helps a little.

Marcy

I just received mine in the mail yesterday and I am going to be doing one of them this morning. I'll let you know about that.

beth6395

Okay! I did Step Heat not to much high impact very smooth to follow I am very coreochallenged & I was able to do the whole thing. 5 minute ab routine at the end and a step cool-down and a little stretch. I think it was about an hour. No pivots, a hop turn, across the board, t-step, rock horse, circle arms and jump up, box around step, step ups, repeaters, few others can't remember the names but we have done them in other videos, nothing to tricky. Good workout.

beth6395

I've done all of these workouts several times. I enjoy them all for good solid step aerobics. I usually do the step height that Cathe does in the workouts too. I find I enjoy variety so I like mixing these up with her newer workouts.

I really like using these videos and mishmoshing them together. My favorite mish mosh is any warm up, then I do the last segment from Step Heat, the last segment from Step Max, and the last segment from Step Jam. This makes for a "rockin'" workout! It is a lot of fun!.

P.S. The first segment of Step Jam is, IMHO, the most boring segment EVER! LOL! The arms drive me nuts.

I have a very hard time doing these older workouts because the outfits are horrid (can't get past the butt floss...even the old Firm gals didn't wear the butt floss body suits)

and...the music is awful. It's that synthesized department store music that just makes you want to run from the room screaming.

I have the Cardio Hits and after that one would never even consider buying The Classics.

The workouts themselves are not bad at all...someone on one of these forums suggested that Cathe remake these older workouts so they would be updated outfits AND better music. I would buy Cardio Hits again if she did do that...maybe someday. In the meantime it sits on my shelf collecting dust.

Oops. It's Cardio Hits I got...the one with Power Max. Step Fit and Step Works. Is the music tolerabe in that one?

Actually, most people think Cardio Hits is terrific. The music is fine and the workouts are really, really fun. I never understand what the deal is with people obsessing over who is wearing what and what is their hairstyle, and are their nails done? But to each his own.

I'll be surprised if you don't like this one.

The Classics I think start off slower but generally the second and third combos are all really good, too.

marie

Step Heat is the Cathe workout that I use the least. I don't care for the last combo as it's the only combo of any of her workouts, that I can think of, where she doesn't work both sides equally. My left side is always jealous when it's done:+

I can do StepJam combo 2 and 3 as an add on with other workouts and get a good workout.

StepMax finishes with a bang with what Cathe calls 'Plyo Power' it's like the seed of LowMax and I don't mind doing this at the end of another workout. The cool downs in StepJam and StepMax are very long (I can't remember the Step Heat cool down).

A great thing about all of these workouts is that they introduce you to combinations with a lot of breakdown that crop up in later workouts with little or no breakdown.

Take Care
Laurie:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.