The Challengers week of Aug, 17

punka274

Cathlete
Morning

Today is chest and Triceps...not sure what dvd im doing,may do my own mix of stuff. I will also go out and do an 30minute interval run before the weights. My eating hasn't been the best lately:( I will have to pick myself up and hop on the wagon agian;).

Roxie-Sorry to hear you water park trip got too much rain...alteast you can use the pass on friday!

bbl

Last edited:
Good Morning,

Tonite is Ramp it Up and then I need a stretch so I will do TBS because its short. I is rainin and Thunderstorming here to day so probably won't get a whole lot done at work boss doesn't like the computers on.

Amelia-saturday was ok enjoy the lazy river ride in a tube then a wave comes along and pushes you down the river.

No workout today...i don't feel very good. After my morning coffee i ate a fiber bar and a glass of fatfree milk and got really sick:( Ive got a really bad headache now...this must have something to do with my period:(

I moved wednesdays rest day to today so my rotation won't be messed up to much.

Everyone have a great day....i will bb tomorrow.:)

Hi challengers!

I think Im coming down with a cold, my chest hurts and Ive got a seal cough. Boo Hoo. :(

I Bootcamped yesturday, it was a nice easy workout. Just what I needed, not the usual mad running and stuff.

Hope everyone is well. Must dash off to work.

Finished my workout but just couldn't get my hr up either not into or the strap wasn't in the right place.

Ramp it Up stats:
48 min
21 in the zone
124 min hr
168 max hr
255 cals burned

TBS
13 min
0 in the zone
95 min hr
124 max hr
38 cals burned.

Andrea and Amelia-get better girls.

quick Hi!

It's late but I wnted to check in anyways. It is really hot here and we only have AC in the bedrooms.

I did Low impact step (the beginner version) used a 10lb KB for the blasts.
I did some lower body ball work and a short ab WO.

I had jury duty today. I made it into the court room but my number didn't get called. Phew!:D

Okay off to bed.

Morning

Today i will do what i was suppose to do yesterday. Chest & Triceps then some cardio, maybe some abb work.

There's a story on the news that has scared me. I women in her 40's disappeared last tuesday evening. She was walking in her neighborhood, talking on the phone to her boyfriend when the boyfriend heard her struggle with someone. They haven't found her yet:(.

So, im doing cardio indoors today:confused:

BBl to report my workout and do some personals from yesterday

Good morning girls,

Amelia: that is scary! We had a women jogger a few towns over get pulled into the woods as she jogged on a bike trial. Get this the bike trail was across from the police station!:eek: She got away before the jerk could do anything to her. The police found the guy.

Andrea: hope you are feeling okay.

Roxie : what is planned for today?

Jean: Are you in the groove again?

This morning I did GS back and bis and then Drill max cardio(skipped the drill with the ball) I burned 423 cal. The WO clocked in at 118min.

Phew! I was slipping and dripping!

But I have a feeling my whole day will be sweaty. 100 degree weather with humidity is predicted for today. No AC . Hmmm... pool here we come.:D

Good Morning,

Tonite is Ramp it Up again this is the last week of this one and then I can move on to the next phase only I do that one for 3 weeks.

Amelia-they think it was someone she knew I think you would be ok to walk outside.

Elaine-we posted at the same time it would suck to have not ac this time of year.

Roxie: No AC is bareable because the evenings have been about 60. I am able to run the fans in the doors and blow in cool air. Thank goodness this weather doesn't last that long where we live.

workout done, did my own mix of weights then jumped on the treadmill

Roxie-I will probably go right down the street tomorrow, i too think it will be ok. I bet i was someone she knew, i think they said she was a probation officer? She also taught self defense classes:confused:

Elaine-Scary story,im glad the women was ok. When will you get your AC fixed? I hope soon:confused: Great workout girl...have fun at the pool!

Hey to everyone i missed...have a good day:)

Roxie: No AC is bareable because the evenings have been about 60. I am able to run the fans in the doors and blow in cool air. Thank goodness this weather doesn't last that long where we live.

We couldn't do that here the humidity is horrible so it never feels cool.

Amelia: Our AC isn't broken we don't have central air. We have two window ACs in two of the bedrooms. My DS(8) refuses to put an AC in his bedroom. He is afraid when he has to shut his door.

Okay, off to stain the deck. I should sweat off a pound or two of water weight.;)

Hi everyone.

My cold is slightly worse today.:mad: Do you guys exercise when ill with colds and flu?

We only have AC in the kitchen. Thie year, I hope to get a split system in. But I am not holding my breath. My hubby has great great ideas, but getting them actually completed are another thing!:confused: And this split system idea is one of his better ideas/plans. Heres hoping he finishes the renovations in time (before summer).

Amelia - Thats a terrible story! If you are going to work out outside carry a can a capsicum, pepper or cayenne spray. I think its legal in the States?

Hi everyone.

My cold is slightly worse today.:mad: Do you guys exercise when ill with colds and flu?

We only have AC in the kitchen. Thie year, I hope to get a split system in. But I am not holding my breath. My hubby has great great ideas, but getting them actually completed are another thing!:confused: And this split system idea is one of his better ideas/plans. Heres hoping he finishes the renovations in time (before summer).

Amelia - Thats a terrible story! If you are going to work out outside carry a can a capsicum, pepper or cayenne spray. I think its legal in the States?

If it were me I would rest until I feel better you are not helping yourself by working out.

Just finished my workout got a better cal burn then last nite but still not great.

Stats:
48 min
30 min in the zone
132 min hr
170 max hr
285 cals burned.

Eating has been ok this week.

Morning

Morning girls

Today is 60-70mins of cardio. Im not sure what yet...think i will go get on the treadmill agian and do some run intervals and watch Grease 2, i watched Grease 1 yesterday:cool:.

Last night,after the kids went to bed, my DH decides that he wants to watch The Unborn (new scary movie) Well,im thinking " no-way hosa" the trailor to that one scared me:confused: so I go and lay down in the bed around 8:30 and start reading a book. Well,i was OUT about 5mins later:) I feel asleep with the book in my hand:eek: Its nice to get some sleep!

My son seems to be doing better,i can't remember if i mentioned it but his first couple of days of school wasn't too good. I called the teacher last week on monday and asked how he was doing. She said he was insecure and dependent:)eek: :confused: ) I knew he was dependent, he's my baby and thats my fault...i baby him:eek: But insecure? She said he wasn't participating in class activities and he was extrememly quiet and shy around other kids.

That was last tuesday, this week he seems to be doing better. The teacher left a note and told me he was opening up more, which was a huge relief to me. :) He told me he liked school and he also told me about a song they sang in class...polly panda,so cute:)

Wow,im a chatter box today:eek:

Andrea-How are you feeling today? I never exercise when im even the least bit sick. specially anything upper respitory.

Elaine-Oh I see, nothing broken...thats good. Anyway to move the AC unit out of you DS's room? Weve got two window units also,one in the living room and one in my bedroom. I would LOVE to move the one in the bedroom...so i can slightly understand were your DS is coming from:confused:.

Roxie-how ya doing today?

Hey to Jean and AndreaH

bbl

Hey girls,

I got 1/3 of the deck stained yesterday and another 1/3 this morning. I have the pool deck left but can't do that because the kids are always in the pool.

This morning I did LIC abs,GS shoulders, some of GS leg floor work and SJP step cardio. According to my HRM I only burned 260 cal. :confused: Sure felt like I burned more. My HRM is a wrist one where you have to push the button for it to record your HR. I think I will ask Santa for a better one.

Amelia: My younger DS has a hard time adjusting to school the first week or two. When he was younger it would take a month. I had to sleep with him at night. I think it was a seperation problem.

Andrea: I go by how I feel. I may just do a simple low impact cardio or some stretching. Hope you feel better.

Roxie: Are you liking the WOs better?

Hey Jean and AndreaH how are things?

Okay Amelia your chatter must be catchy:p

Good Morning,

I think tonite I will change things up a bit an do 4ds LIS cardio only, I feel I need a big calorie burn.

Amelia-children are resiliant and learn to adjust quickly glad to hear he is now enjoying school.

Elaine-have fun staining that deck what a great calorie burner. I can't wait until this week is over this set of workouts has gotten boring but the next ones look better. I told DH if he wouldn't have used a good disc to burn these I probably wouldn't do them and he said it was only 25 cents and I don't have to finish them but I want to give it a shot and finish the whole sick weeks.

Everyone have a good day. Now I have the chattys.

Last edited:
Workout done. Did 3.2miles on the treadmil doing run intervals and powerwalk/incline intervals then did some Cha Cha with lisa DVD. Burned 502 cals in 70mins.

Elaine-Does your HRM have a chest strap? Maybe santa will bring you a shiny new one!

Roxie-Good job sticking to your rotation!

Thanks for the comments on my son...he is adjusting slowly,im glad:) Its still hard letting him get on the shcool bus but he wants to. He rides with his sister so i don't mind.:rolleyes:

have a good day

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.