The Challengers week of Aug, 17

Workout done. Did 3.2miles on the treadmil doing run intervals and powerwalk/incline intervals then did some Cha Cha with lisa DVD. Burned 502 cals in 70mins.

Elaine-Does your HRM have a chest strap? Maybe santa will bring you a shiny new one!

Roxie-Good job sticking to your rotation!

Thanks for the comments on my son...he is adjusting slowly,im glad:) Its still hard letting him get on the shcool bus but he wants to. He rides with his sister so i don't mind.:rolleyes:

have a good day

Good job on the workout

Hi girls.

I did workout yesturday. Weights (chest) in the morning, and Bootcamped in the arvo. I didn't push it too hard in the arvo. I'm off to Bootcamp this morning, just take it easy. Follow up with a weight (back) workout this afternoon.

Amelia - Your little man will settle in. It'll just take some time. My advice is to keep in touch with the teacher. teachers like "interested" parents. And if you stay interested they will help your your man heaps.

I still havn't bought a heart rate monitor. I must do that. I just don't want to spend all those $$$$. (Strange........me, not wanting to spend money. I must be really really really ill!)

Must go ladies. See you all.

Hi everyone.

Elaine, you are so lucky to have cool nights. Can't remember the last time we had a cool night. We never open our windows.

Andrea, wow you only have air in the kitchen? Doesn't it get really hot where you live. Right now is your cooler season though, right? As for working out with colds, I have heard that if it is above the neck (head cold, sinus etc) it is Ok to work out. If below the neck, (respiratory, stomach etc) then you should rest.

Amelia, sorry to hear about DS. Hope he is coming along. I agree with keeping in touch with his teacher. They tend to look out more when parents are involved.

Roxie, hope the next set of workouts are better.

I finally got a work out in, sort of. I'm suppsoe to be doing STS Meso 2, but I forgot that I never finished redoing my 1 RMs. so this morning I did that, so it was a hodge podge of exercises. Now I'm ready to get going. Especially after the dream I had last night. I dreamt that I saw my back in a mirror while I was doing chinups(someday the multiple chinups will be a reality) and my back was all scuplted looking. I want that back!!! Of course that means really working hard and no more slacking. I know, I know, it was only a dream, but heck that's part of my name so I can dream, can't I?

Well I decided to do Imax 3 step only and I repeated 8,9, and10 until I got them right didn't get the calorie burn that I wanted to.

Stats:
41 min
37 in the zone
140 min hr
163 max hr
286 cals burned.

Jean-there is nothing wrong with dreaming I dream about the body I want all the time.

Morning..im glad the site is back up and running agian. I tried to check in this morning around 6am and it was offline.

Andrea-Glad your taking it easy...great job on your workout.

Roxie-nice job on your workout yesterday

Elaine-Awesome workout today..nice going!

Jean-Love your dream..dreams are such good motivation. Nice job on your workout. Where did you get your pull-up bar? Im starting p90x on monday and i need to get one...

Thanks guys on the comments about my DS. I will call his teacher tomorrow and ask how he doing. He seems to be doing better. Its hard to get anything out of him about school though:rolleyes:

I finished my workout earlier, did some laps around the neighborhood then did my own mix of Back,Biceps and Shoulders. I did three rounds of of three exercises of each body part...i really exhausted those muscle's. Maybe i will have some doms tomorrow:rolleyes:

Good Morning,

Was stiff when I got up this morning so I did Slim and Limber to start my day and tonite I will do Ramp it Up. I am thinking about cancelling my Shock Cardio order the more I see on the I don't really think it is for me an it is designed more for the STS system.

Amelia-good job with your workout.

Amelia, as for my chin up bar, I got it at Walmart. Its the Iron gym one that goes over the door frame. I almost had to take it back when I first got it because the doors in the room where I exercise either didn't have the full wood frame or opened the wrong way, but one of they worked.

Jean

Amelia: I have the same type of chin up bar. I a thick resistant band with mine to assist.

I found my younger DS not to say much about school, then when your in the middle of doing something totally unrelated he would blurt something out.

Hi everyone.

I worked out yesturday, came home and felt totally awful!!

My eating has been quite good (for me that is).

Jean - I dream of things all the time (not in sleep dreams, I just day dream! LOL hence mt check in name)

Elaine - My childs are the same. I even spoke to her teachers about it.

Amelia - In their early years at school, for some reason (best known to the children) they don't come home and really talk about their days at school. As I said, just keep in touch with the teacher.

Tonight was step class. We had a guy for the instructor. He was pretty good and worked us hard.

Andrea, day dreaming is the reason for my name too. Sometimes it gets me in trouble because I can just veg out day dreaming and be oblivious to everything going on around me.

Morning Challengers, im getting the kids ready for school. Todays workout is legs + abbs. DH and I are cutting the grass today too, so that will be my cardio;)

Scary story.....My MIL called me yesterday and told me that she heard a 911 call on her radio scanner. The call came FROM MY NEIGHBORHOOD about a pit bull running loose. The women that called 911 said she couldn't leave her house because it was growling at her:eek:. That was at 10:30am, i was running in that same area around 8am.

Jean, Elaine..im gonna look for that pull-up bar today @ walmart. Thanks

Andrea-I hope your feeling better today...

Roxie-Are you still thinking about canceling shock cardio? I didn't get a chance to order it but im sure it will be awesome, anything Cathe is awesome.

ok...bbl

Im back!! Finished my workout,yay..did 4ds legs and my HR got pretty high during those leg presses. I burned 230 cals all-together.

Have a good day:)

Amelia, how scary about the dog. When I jog outside, I never think about things like that. I don't know what I would do if I ran into a loose dog.

Today's work out was Disc 13 of STS. Funny thing happened. I set my weights according to the workout manager recommendation for the first exercise and was really struggling with those weights. I thought, dang I haven't done a weight workout in 2 weeks and I'm lost a lot of strength. Then when I got to the next exercise that used the barbell and I went to change the weights, I figured out I had actually miscalculated when I added up the different plates on the first exercise. I was actually lifting more than I thought I was. No matter it felt so heavy, LOL. Hope to avoid that in the future so I don't hurt myself.

Hope everyone have a great weekend.

Jean

Hi Jean: I've done that before. I was pretty impressed that I could actually lift it.:D

Amelia: Happy cutting!

Andrea: hope you feel better today.

Roxie: What's on for tonight?

This morning I did KPC/L&G circuit premix. I had a hard time with my disc in the begining, but then it was fine. I was so sweaty!!!

Gotta go make lunch.

Good Evening,

Checking in late DH and I decided to use the second day pass at the water park and the water was cold it was cloudy and the wind blew not very enjoyable so I guess we weren't meant to go there. I didn't workout last nite and I don't really feel like working out tonite kinda tired.

Amelia-I just really don't know on Shock Cardio just looking at the rehearsals it looks pretty challenging.

Ok I sucked it up and did Basic Step with 1 riser.

Stats:
29 min
26 in the zone
151 min hr
172 max hr
221 cals burned.

Morning

Ive got some serious DOMS from my leg workout yesterday:D I didn't finish with the calve work and my calfs are still screaming. I also cut some grass and my legs were so tired. DH helped me this time..im glad,didn't want to cut the whole yard myself agian:confused:

Today is suppose to be a cardio..don't know yet? I want to do a step workout,haven't done one in ages.

Roxie-my hats off to you for doing Basic step after a day at the water park. Swimming wears me out:confused:.

Jean-Ive done that before too...too funny. WTG on your workout!

Elaine-High fives on your sweaty workout yesterday!!

Andrea-how you doing today? Ive got a stuffy nose and stuff in my throat...i don't think this allergy med is working anymore.

bbl

Good Morning,

Sometime today it Ramp it Up for the last time and I feel I need a stretch again. I have to clean, do laundry, and go grocery shopping sometime today to.

Amelia-have a good day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.