Terrible family news....

buckeyegirl

Cathlete
Just got a call from my father - he's 73 and just found out he has lung cancer. Will know more when it gets staged next week. I know the outlook is not good, but I'm trying to digest this and remain positive. All I know is I feel like throwing up.

Just needed to vent, I think I'm cried out for today.

I'm sorry to hear this news. Wait to make a judgement on the outlook till you get more info. I know, it's hard. Be tough, and just love your Dad at this time.

I'm so sorry to hear this.
I can empathize with how you are feeling. I got the same call from my stepmother after my father was diagnosed with colon cancer.

Whatever the outcome, be sure to spend the time that you have with your father so there are no regrets later.

Just got a call from my father - he's 73 and just found out he has lung cancer. Will know more when it gets staged next week. I know the outlook is not good, but I'm trying to digest this and remain positive. All I know is I feel like throwing up.

Sorry about you father. I know how you feel.
My father, also 73 was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer this past June. These coming Holidays will most likely be his last with us.:(

So sorry Buckeyegirl! My Dad had lung cancer, fought for three years. Very tough. Please look into the Accuray Cyber Knife option to laser out the tumor. It was fairly new a few years ago, but is getting amazing results.

Have faith, savor every single damn moment, ask your Dad to tell you all his stories and record them. And take care of you.

Hugs,

Julie

I am so so sorry

I lost my mom to cancer, so I know how you feel There is also that thing about my teenaged son.

I cannot tell you how sorry I am, and I know it breaks your heart. I will pray for you.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry :( My Dad had lung cancer also, small cell carcinoma. So many emotions :(

My prayers are with you and your family.

I'm sorry to hear about this but please remain positive because I'm sure your father will need all the support he can get.

I lost my father to leukemia when I was 10 so understand the feeling :(

Sorry this is happening to you and your family. ((HUGS)) I have seen many in my family deal with cancer so I know what you are going through. I also know it's hard but try to remain as positive as you can for your dad!

Sorry to hear about your Dad. My Dad is a bone cancer survivor and was not expected to live. He survivied chemo, radiation, and a self-infused stem cell transplant. Think positive, ask the oncologist lots of questions, and investigate online everything.

((((HUGS)))) So sorry you are going through this! I hope it was diagnosed early enough that he can beat it.
I lost my father to lung cancer when i was twelve and i wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Hi, I can totally sympathize and empathize with you. I got the same news from my Dad, so yes you will cry, you will feel sad, but all I can say is just be there for your father. I remember something that Dr. Phil said and it's so true, when one member of the family has cancer, everyone in the family has cancer. It's a very difficult thing to hear and have to face, but take of yourself so that you can support your dad.

A big hug for you from me.

((Hugs)) to you . . . BTDT with Mom and FIL. Interesting what pressju mentioned . . . my FIL had surgery (back in the early 90's) and at that time they said that all it did was cause the cells to multiply and spread elsewhere. The laser thing sounds interesting.

Will someone in your family be there with your dad to take in what is being said and ask questions? I believe we all need an advocate to help write down and think a little more clearly as if it were me . . . I'd probably be lost in the words the doctor is speaking.

Lastly, use who ever you have for support so you can support your dad. He will need it (whether he lets on or not) and you do too.

Praying all comes out the best for you all.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.