Terminator - What can I expect?

stephanie932

Cathlete
I got a good deal on the Terminator dvd and just had to scoop it up. Can anyone tell me what to expect?

~Stephanie~

"Happiness is knowing what you are doing next without me saying it!" - Cathe

If you are like me, you are going to be very happy with the Terminator. The workouts are excellent. They are a bit long however, so I usually do a Terminator workout once per week, when I have the extra time. Some people here have posted that the Viper is the easiest of the 3 Terminator workouts. I'm in very good shape and a seasoned exerciser, and the Viper still challenges me and gives me a great workout. Other than not being time efficent, there is nothing I can say about the Terminator that isn't positive. You're gonna love it.

Okay........What if I'm NOT in very good shape (well, not bad, either), but have been exercising since August? I am working with the BS/BF rotation for now, but have been adding extra cardio every day to supplement (so I'm doing about 70 mins. a day/6 days a week). Someone suggested getting Timesaver and Terminator, so I did. Will I still be able to workout to this or do you think it will collect dust? Now you have me worried.....lol

~Stephanie~

Stephanie, as with all of Cathe's workouts, you can modify the Terminator to suit your own fitness level. Wheather that means lowering your step, not using any risers at all, taking breaks, or doing just a portion of the workout, it is up to you. If you don't have the endurance to complete the workout now, be patient with yourself, the endurance will come. Don't give up before you start.
Enjoy:)

Awesome workouts! I love the Gauntlet and IMAX Extreme and prefer the longer workouts. I usually do two videos a day but on the Terminator days I just do one, so those days turn out to be my short workouts!

I haven't done Viper yet, only because I hear it is easy. I am changing my rotation so maybe I'll try it next week.

Don't worry, you'll love it! They are FUN and time FLIES!

i love this dvd! the gauntlet is my favorite workout.... not only on the dvd.. but of cathe's workouts.. it's the one i reach for most often (did it this morning, as a matter of fact!)

Okay......my anxiety level has gone down a bunch thanks to you all. I know that whatever Cathe workout I reach for it is going to be tough...but with a name like TERMINATOR I thought I'd never be able to tackle it.

Thanks for the advice on doing what I can.....and moving forward everytime after!!!

~Stephanie~

I love this compilation. I think Gauntlet is the toughest and although I have stated that Viper is the easiest workout on this DVD, I never said it was easy. I feel so incredibly worked out after one of these workouts. They are long and if I am running short on time, I sometimes do a couple of cycles from one of these workouts and add abs and a strecth. I prefer this to Timesaver as IMHO, I never feel worked out afte Timesaver. As the above poster stated, you can easily modify the workouts on this DVD to suit your fitness level.

You can also make up your own workouts from the mix/match menu on the terminator.

I have used the IMAXExtreme this way: I made up a 30 min workout by doing two of the Imax2 intervals than only the C&W cardio segment (skipping the compound weight). I stopped after 30 min.

Next time I do this one I'm going to do the reverse - two imax2 intervals and the C&W compound exercises and skip the C&W cardio - you have so many options with the mix/match menu.

I love the Viper and on the Guantlet, I think she does the upright rows from C&W twice, so I just skipped the second one.

I'd say that Gauntlet and BodyMax are comparable. If anything, BodyMax is a teensie bit easier, because it ends with all upper body and Gauntlet is a circuit that never lets up.

Viper is easier than Gauntlet. Only because it does more upper body so your heart rate really drops for awhile in each circuit.

Imax Extreme is pretty much straight cardio, very tiring, but more comparable to MIC if anything. But MIC is tougher.

It is hard to compare Cathe workouts! She does so much to make each one unique.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh........you have me all excited now to get this dvd....lol

I got it for $25.00 including shipping and it should arrive Mon. or Tues.; so, now I'm psyched!!!

TY TY TY everyone for your opinions of this dvd! :)

~Stephanie~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.