Tell us about your STS results!

My post from a Cathe group on Facebook.

Only my Catheletes would understand this. I am so excited to say, I finally completed the Cathe STS program. I did my last workout this morning. I started back in May and originally planned to do the 3 month cycle. After the first week I fell in love and decided to do the 6 month rotation. I only had one non workout related injury. The rest week before starting Mesocycle 3, I stepped off the curb and jarred my back. I was down for that week and 2 weeks after. Other than that it was smooth sailing. When I started I was in the weight range that I wanted, so I was not concerned about losing weight, which I didnt. I maintained the whole time, but I went from a size 8 to a size 6. I will be 49 on the 10th and I am just overwhelmed with joy.

I am going to do an active rest week then start Strong & Sweaty.

My love of Cathe started way back when, with the Wedding workout. I still have the VHS tape, YUP.

I will be happy to answer questions if any of you peeps have questions.

ETA, I am 5' 9.5"

Congratulations Dollies daughter!
Your consistency has paid off! Also, WHEW that your back injury was only temporary! Knees, Shoulders, low back are definitely things to be wary of as we age.

Love Strong and sweaty..I'm sure you'll have fun!

Keep up the good work!! :cool:

Been reading these results. Been thinking of attempting STS again starting the first week in April.
I've never done a full STS rotation ever. Done parts of each Meso but not the whole thing (insert embarrassed face)
I want to do it.
Reading results helps me out a lot

I hear 'ya rebrand... I purchased STS when it first came out but I think I was too intimidated by what I thought was its complexity and it's length. I didn't follow rotations back then & preferred cardio to weight- lifting, so it mostly sat on the shelf. Whenever I noticed it there by its lonesome, I would feel a tinge of embarrassment and regret. Ten years later, in 2019, I decided to complete the 3-month STS rotation. I felt so accomplished and more confident by doing so. In 2020, I did the 3-month Xtrain rotation. I noticed gains more quickly with the undulating Xtrain approach which was very motivating. So now I'm doing a hybrid STS ... it's still progressive, but also undulating & I'm really liking it. Just as with Xtrain, I'm noticing improvements quickly and that is so motivating.

So long story short, I encourage you to do STS in it's entirety. You will feel accomplished, and you will learn more about yourself, strengths & weaknesses, & I'm not just referring to the physical aspects. There are mental & emotional aspects involved too in completing such a lengthy program.

Best wishes on your journey.

I did the 3-month Xtrain rotation. I noticed gains more quickly with the undulating Xtrain approach which was very motivating. So now I'm doing a hybrid STS ... it's still progressive, but also undulating & I'm really liking it. Just as with Xtrain, I'm noticing improvements quickly and that is so motivating.
Do you mind explaining the undulating approach with a little more detail? Like, do you do a week from each meso, or do you undulate from workout to workout . . . ?

"Do you mind explaining the undulating approach with a little more detail? Like, do you do a week from each meso, or do you undulate from workout to workout . . . ?"

Sure. Undulating simply means to progress in "wave-like" fashion ... so I'm still using progressive overload but in a wave-like manner. So in my current rotation, I'm doing a week of Meso1, then M2, then M3. Its progressive in that I'm keeping the weeks the same, ie, M1W1, M2W1, M3W1.

There are a few user created rotations in the Workout Manager that put the workouts in an undulating manner. In Xtrain, Cathe created a 90- day undulating rotation that mixes up the weight workouts even more, so next time I do STS, I may mix them up even more.

Everybody responds to techniques differently, but my body really seems to respond to the undulating approach better than the linear approach. HTH

Thanks for explaining! I get it now. It's a cool option to think about! I haven't done the Xtrain rotation yet so haven't tried undulating yet. I'm intrigued. :) Will definitely try in the future.

My post from a Cathe group on Facebook.

Only my Catheletes would understand this. I am so excited to say, I finally completed the Cathe STS program. I did my last workout this morning. I started back in May and originally planned to do the 3 month cycle. After the first week I fell in love and decided to do the 6 month rotation. I only had one non workout related injury. The rest week before starting Mesocycle 3, I stepped off the curb and jarred my back. I was down for that week and 2 weeks after. Other than that it was smooth sailing. When I started I was in the weight range that I wanted, so I was not concerned about losing weight, which I didnt. I maintained the whole time, but I went from a size 8 to a size 6. I will be 49 on the 10th and I am just overwhelmed with joy.

I am going to do an active rest week then start Strong & Sweaty.

My love of Cathe started way back when, with the Wedding workout. I still have the VHS tape, YUP.

I will be happy to answer questions if any of you peeps have questions.

ETA, I am 5' 9.5"
What is the wedding workout?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.