Tank top arms rotation?

Tank Top Rotation Day #3 - Burn Sets Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. Doing the workouts in this order felt different because I actually felt like I could lift a little heavier for one or two sets and I was able to do all those triceps pushups on my toes. I followed it up with the abs segment from To The Max which has a bit of an upper body focus. Tomorrow's IMAX2. I really like IMAX2 because even though its tough, the music is just so good, you don't even think about how hard you're working.

I’d love to hear about what you put together too Debinmi.
So here's my tentative APRIL rotation (always subject to change...). UB workouts based on not repeating workouts from March. I'm doing endurance-based LB due to my ITBand acting up again. KB = Kickbox (Cathe & others). And targetted UB will be different than the generic tank top rotation due to my preferences:
M​
S&S RUUB 47UB
T​
Butts & Guts 78LB
W​
S&S Giant Sets UB pm 28 + MOB 30UB target
R​
S&S Cardio Slam + ABS 62Cardio
F​
S&S PHA 43TB
S​
KBKB

M HC Muscle Max UB premix 42UB
T Lean Legs & Abs + Bonus Barre Premix 61LB
W MIS UB only ~47 minUB target
R SB IMAX 4 46Cardio
F SB PHA3 56TB
S KBKB

M​
BB TB/UB premix 47UB
T​
Great Glutes 55LB
W​
ICE MM (CLB/LIS/MTB): B/C/SUB target
R​
ICE Low Impact Sweat (LIS) 47 OR RWH LI HIITCardio
F​
LIVE PHA No RepeatsTB
S​
KBKB

M​
IS Pyramid UB 57UB
T​
XT LEGS Ball/Chair/Floor/Barre/100 rep ~66LB
W​
XT Burn Sets B/C/SUB target
R​
XT AOLIH 39Cardio
F​
LITE PHA2 45TB
S​
KBKB

I like it!

My current rotation is similar:

S Restorative Foam/Ball Rolling/Myofascial Work
M UB + Optional Short UB emphasis Cardio
T LB + Optional Short LB emphasis Cardio
W Cardio + Flexibility
Th Total Body
F Cardio + Mobility
S Total Body

I really like the way you added that extra UB day! I might borrow that idea from you next month.

So here's my tentative APRIL rotation (always subject to change...). UB workouts based on not repeating workouts from March. I'm doing endurance-based LB due to my ITBand acting up again. KB = Kickbox (Cathe & others). And targetted UB will be different than the generic tank top rotation due to my preferences:
M​
S&S RUUB 47UB
T​
Butts & Guts 78LB
W​
S&S Giant Sets UB pm 28 + MOB 30UB target
R​
S&S Cardio Slam + ABS 62Cardio
F​
S&S PHA 43TB
S​
KBKB

M HC Muscle Max UB premix 42UB
T Lean Legs & Abs + Bonus Barre Premix 61LB
W MIS UB only ~47 minUB target
R SB IMAX 4 46Cardio
F SB PHA3 56TB
S KBKB

M​
BB TB/UB premix 47UB
T​
Great Glutes 55LB
W​
ICE MM (CLB/LIS/MTB): B/C/SUB target
R​
ICE Low Impact Sweat (LIS) 47 OR RWH LI HIITCardio
F​
LIVE PHA No RepeatsTB
S​
KBKB

M​
IS Pyramid UB 57UB
T​
XT LEGS Ball/Chair/Floor/Barre/100 rep ~66LB
W​
XT Burn Sets B/C/SUB target
R​
XT AOLIH 39Cardio
F​
LITE PHA2 45TB
S​
KBKB
Omg this rotation rocks! Love the way you’ve put that together. My goal for my tank top rotation is to not repeat a workout if possible.

I like it!

My current rotation is similar:

S Restorative Foam/Ball Rolling/Myofascial Work
M UB + Optional Short UB emphasis Cardio
T LB + Optional Short LB emphasis Cardio
W Cardio + Flexibility
Th Total Body
F Cardio + Mobility
S Total Body

I really like the way you added that extra UB day! I might borrow that idea from you next month.
This might be great for STS 2.0! Good mix of a 2-day split with 2 TBs. Often TB workouts (as well as LB) are quite cardio (at least for me).

Thank you Lady Vol Fan for the links ... interesting rotation. Thanks to Lannette for the template too! Great way to plug in older workouts .. I enjoyed my trips down memory lane last Fall & this February doing older workouts. One thing that I found helpful with 4DS & FitSplit was to make the weight work into 3-day splits & double the cardio up - just an option for those who want to stretch the series out longer than 4 days.

Tank top rotation day # 4: unexpected change today- woke up this morning and felt something dried and crusty in my left ear. Turned out to be blood from a tiny scratch. I did a short Turbo Fire cardio and went to urgent care as soon as they opened. Thankfully, no infection and the scratch is far away from the ear drum. I’m still waiting on antibiotic drops but might not need them since it wasn’t infected. The nurse practitioner said the antibiotic ear drops are really expensive and to only pick them up if I need them.

Tomorrow’s workout is one of my favorites- Total Body Giant Sets.

Brainstorming for next week: I’ve looked at using Ramped Up Upper Body, STS Meso 3 shoulders, biceps and triceps, STS Total Body. Haven’t decided on the cardios or the lower body yet!

There's ALSO a rotation from 2013 put together by another Cathlete (Candiceena) where she updates workouts. She breaks down the pattern and lists workout times. She mentions ways to modify it because it's a vigorous rotation in its original format.
https://cathe.com/forum/threads/updated-16-week-max-weight-loss-rotation.295401/
Thank you for posting! I like the way she lists the general framework for the rotation so you can choose workouts accordingly. That’s what I’ve always tried to find- a template for making my own rotations.

Day 5- total body giant sets. Almost one week of tank top rotation in the books! And it’s already tank top weather here in Houston!

Tank top rotation week 1 done! Finished with Cardio Slam, one of my favorites.

I’m already brainstorming for next week and I’m thinking pyramid upper body, STS Plyo Legs, STS Meso 3 shoulders, biceps & triceps, STS Total body for my strength training. I haven’t decided what cardio I want to do but by doing Plyo Legs, I’ll get cardio and strength combined!

I'm 3 days in on week #2 of my tank top rotation. Monday was pyramid upper body and abs, yesterday was STS plyo legs week 1 and today was STS meso 3, week 1 shoulders, biceps and triceps. I'm pleased at my progress because I really got serious about weights around the end of 2021 and starting in 2022 began using various Cathe dvd rotations that I would pick and choose from. I love the tank top rotation concept because now that I have the framework, I can pick and choose from one series or mix in various series.

I was very encouraged by how my knee felt during Plyo Legs. I pretty much took a Cardio Leg Blast approach and didn't go super heavy on the weights so I didn't burn out on the cardio because the cardio in Plyo Legs is pretty intense intervals.

This morning I revisited STS Meso 3, week 1 of Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps and I was thrilled at being able to do barbell curls with a 40 pound barbell, incline curls with 15's was a fight and I did concentration curls with 17.5's.

I think mixing things up with this rotation was what I needed. What I love is not being tied down to one series and I can take a trip through the years with Cathe going from oldies but goodies to newer stuff. And I'm super excited on integrating STS 2.0 into my tank top rotation and then at some point using it the way Cathe sets a rotation. But, after seeing the single body parts, I got to thinking about a cardio and weights style rotation, with maybe a yoga day or two instead of daily cardio. But I have tons of short cardio to pick from because I never got past Leaner Legs of CTX because of the Kevin situation. And, I have Fit Split and 4 Day Split to throw in as well.

Speaking of Kevin, its now been a little over 2 weeks since I told him we needed to stop the texting. While I still see him on my morning walk for now as he's still doing the job around the corner from where I live, I no longer feel anxiety at the thought of seeing him because I know I set that boundary, put my marriage first, but we are still polite to one another, so its all good.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.