Taking it to the Max-- June 2013 thru...

Hi all-

I haven't had a workout in in a few days. I did 20 min of Crossfire on Monday and hope to get in Hard Strikes or another kick boxing type tomorrow. I'm still trying to finish up the October rotation-modified. I'm trying to keep the the workouts, but only doing the time that I have, which sometimes is only 15-20 min.

Food intake has been OK, I'm down a pound at my meeting from yesterday, but I went in the morning so that's not a true number, unfortunately.

Aside from school stuff, we've had many things break down in our 14-15 yr old home, we've been here for 4.5 years: garage doors-mechanics need to be replaced, 4th dishwasher needs to be replaced (repair guy said the part would be $450 so we figured it's time to get a new one, and he forgot to reattach a hose and so we had a mini flood under the sink yesterday and another one today), a friend fix it guy came out yesterday and fixed our gutter, railing to basement, deck and pulled a bird's nest out of the dryer vent-nice. And to top it off Hubby's back went out Sunday morning and since JTrain broke his wrist 4 weeks ago, I'm doing dishes for 4 out of the 6 in our family. I've color coded my kids so they only get do use those colored dishes, red, blue, green and yellow, Hubby and I use the breakable dishes. Each person is supposed to wash, dry and put away his own dishes. Unfortunately I have to do most because of age and injuries. We will wait until Black Friday to get a new one. I've rediscovered rubber gloves!

On top of all that, I had lost all my contacts, notes and calendars from my iPhone with the latest updates from ios7 so after a few hours on the phone with support that is up and running, then I had printing issues, but that's fixed for now.

Colds are coming too, Little K has one, CDawg wasn't feeling well this evening, but he may just be tired. Little K is getting better at peeing on the potty, but only 2 successes of poop (and in the last week) in several months.

We had our Unit 1 Celebration: Moses' books-Creation, Noah and the Flood, Joseph and the Ancient Egyptians, Moses in the wilderness and the Israelites on Tuesday which went well I guess, but my father in law wanted to talk to cust. support about JTrains GPS and I ended up being on the phone for over an hour and missed the whole thing of the boys talking about their projects, but we did enjoy the food they had made. Attached are photos of their creations!

I'm so tired, Little K is still waking at night, so I haven't been able get up and I fall asleep with him when he naps and when I put him to bed. Not good. Because then I'm up late finishing everything. I need to hit the hay. I just wanted to check in. Sorry to vent, everything is just piling on me and (not to mention trying to stick to our Dave Ramsey budget and meal planning and laundry…)

As soon as Hubby's back is better, hopefully he can give me a break and I will have some time to myself. We did have a great date last Saturday night, we went out to eat and then had hot chocolate (me) and latte (him) at Starbucks after and then watched half of the First Fifty Dates. But we have yet to finish it….

Hi Renee-I don't know how you jogged on such little sleep!!

Hi Eva and Katie!

Attachments

• IMG_1007.jpg
    IMG_1007.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1009.jpg
    IMG_1009.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 4
Wow you both are busy!! I remember those days! I was glad when all that running around slowed down but at the same time I was sad to see them grow up and basically not need me any more. How fast it went. I knew then that time would be going fast so I tried to remember all of it. Video a lot but not near enough.

Lady Lep that is great about the lost pound ! Yaaa good job in keeping up with the workouts with all the business u have going on!

Well yesterday was the jog and lastics today was jog but only 35 minutes since I had to go to group this evening. Tomorrow will be upper body butt bible level 3 and I'm gonna try to add a tabatas or a HS

Hello Everyone,

I am just getting back from a week in Berlin, and the previous week was very hectic with my new job. It's certainly a bazillion times busier and more crazy than my last job. The person who I am replacing has left a real mess of things, and everything is on the verge of collapse. I knew it was going to be challenging, but I am amazed at how much was just completely ignored that is really mission critical items. It's ridiculous. The good news is that we have wonderful people throughout the company and we can get things on track, it's just going to take a lot of effort. I have never been to Berlin, so that was amazing. I'm home next week, and then to Israel for a week, then to Iceland after that to visit the team there.

I will not be checking in much, as I'm barely doing any Cathe, and I just have a lot of other items on my plate. I will try to tune in, but realistically workout check-ins are going to have to take a back seat for the time being.

I will miss you all and will certainly be keeping you in my thoughts, but I need to bow out for a while.

Take care,
Eva

hi girls--

eva-- wow! your new job sounds like a huge undertaking! how wonderful that you got to go to berlin! best of luck with everything and be safe on all of your travels! hoping that we hear from you again someday! take care of yourself and be well:)

ladylep-- I am so sorry for all the struggles you have been going through with the house and sicknesses:(. this year has been such a challenging one for so many (including myself). hoping you catch a break this weekend and have some nice quiet time.

renee-- I hope you are getting more sleep lately:(. I have been really bad lately, too-- kind of like I was after mom passed away. too stressed out about too many things, I guess. can't believe you are still getting your workouts in! that is amazing and hopefully it helps in some way. hugs.

well, things have been super busy and also stressful. so much going on and soon to be even more with upcoming holiday concerts, recitals, etc. something I have not shared is that rik and I have been having a pretty tough time lately:(. it doesn't help that I am in a bit of a legal situation with my ex who has been a lame duck on support over the past several months. between that and rik's hernia and my still grieving many days, things have been tough. not sure what will end up happening, but am grateful for the kids and all the wonderful things they are doing.

well, I am off to work. really don't feel like it, but money is a good thing right now. this morning I did flextrain and some yoga. did more x10 last Friday and legs and abs the day before. I have been doing lots of the new workouts still, trying to squeeze everything into our crazy schedules.

love and peace,

katie

Hi all!

Quick update: I got in Hardcore extreme: Interval blast, only the kickboxing parts:48 min on Saturday. X10 low impact on Sunday and on Monday I did party rocking step 1 but skipped the last min of stretching and put away my stuff. Today was supposed to be Burn Sets CBS, but since Little K woke me 2 times last night, I couldn't get up at 5:30 to do it. Hopefully I'll get it in tomorrow morning. Then the next workouts are Cardio Leg Blast and Bis and Tris. I doubt I'll be able to do 2 in one day, but that will finish out the October rotation for me!!

Life update: Hubby's back is still out, but slightly better, Colds never really materialized, but Little K threw up Sunday morning 3x. We are getting our garage motor for the door replaced tomorrow (thanks to the in laws) and a new dishwasher on Thursday (thanks to my parents)!

I'm trying not to be so woe as me this week.

JTrain's cast will be off in a week! Potty training is going better!

WW meeting tomorrow will be scary as I've tracked, exercised some but not a lot and eating way too much. Chocolate has helped a lot mentally on me. :) I think my period is coming tomorrow, since last week I was an emotional wreck but I thought it wasn't supposed to come until next week. I haven't eaten raw buy typical fruit and salad daily.

Hi Eva, Katie and Renee! Gotta get some sleep!

Well I did yoga this morning had to stretch out my legs, I did butt bible level three again for lower body yesterday and jogged one mile Is all. Today I did the yoga to loosen up some before I did two mile run with a half mile walk as warm up and half mile walk for cool down. I am planning on upper body butt bible tomorrow. I need to try to get HS in or RO KO I love those to!!

Well have not gone back to work yet, I know it's unprofessional but I am not going back after how she was. I am tired of her over my shoulders everyday all day when she knows I am not gonna do anything stupid. I hate how she is picky at my desk takes stuff off my desk. Yes I may regret it later but honestly I just can not handle her now. I did not call her back, she called Sunday left message said she wanted to check on me. I was suppose to go to work today but I didn't call or go in. I bit her head off I guess and she dishes it out but can't take it so she tells me i need more time off it took me long time to get overly mom, Joe long will it take to get over your son? Well I sided fine ill take a leave of absence. So I have been exercising. Cleaning my closest, crying, writing on my book and a journal, cooking, raking leaves. Talking to God and I like being home for now. I am thankful I am allowed that time now. Reflect, rejuvenate, feel stronger I hope one day.
I have been doing the butt bible because I needed to get the mind muscle connection they talk about in my lower body and its working 1and 2 are easy 3 is more intermediate probably to u all but it felt advanced to me so many reps and it was mostly teaching me to go range of motion on my squats to really get the flutes and it is working. My lunges are getting better form to.

Oh yes Katie my workouts are helping me. I do not want to get out of bed I can't sleep at night think to much. But yes I am loving my jogs, I been listening to Jeremy camps worship cd when I run and it has three songs that my son loved and it touches me in so many ways cause it's what he believed called walk by faith even though I can not see I will walk by faith, pouring your mercy and grace. He believed in Gids Grace and the promise that God will save him. And it gives me some peace listening to them while I jog. Feeling God is with me and hearing ryan tell me like so many times before, don't lose your faith mom no matter how ugly something looks to us God has his perfect plan and you have to trust him. I hear my baby tell me this again and again. He was my rock when mom past, he didn't know just three short years later his words would help me have peace now for him. But it helps. I don't think I'd have survived this far without my jogs.

Renee- Do you ever listen to Toby Mac? My kids really like him. Also, Chris Tomlin, Lecrae (I'm not a huge fan of him as he is more rap, but my kids really like him). I really like the songs: Shackles (Mary Mary, but I can't remember who it's by, but I can find out if you want), He is Good by Israel and New Breed and Grace like Rain by Todd Agnew.

No workout in for me yesterday or this morning. Little K woke me up at least once last night and I didn't turn out the light until after midnight. I really hope to get to sleep by 10:30 tonight or I'm going to get sick!

Hi Eva and Katie!

hi girls--

so, things are still crazy busy around here. next week especially is one I can't wait to get through with alec playing in the symphony orchestra for an opera. rehearsals are til 11 pm starting on Tuesday and then the show runs through sunday. my birthday is next Thursday and I will probably spend it running the kids around to their string stuff. oh well. I will be grateful when thanksgiving comes and we actually have a few days off.:rolleyes: I have been doing my workouts, though. not sure what I will do today-- thinking rockout knockout. yesterday I did legs and abs plus the bonus bar and did PRS2 on Tuesday. things are some better with rik, but we have our waves. my sleep has been so awful lately that I may get some counseling for all that this past year has held-- or at least a support group or something.

renee-- I think it is so good that you are taking the time off-- or leaving the job, if you can and need to. with what you are going through, you need the quiet time. so good that your jogging helps and what you wrote about ryan helping you grieve your mom and now how he is helping you through this-- it made me cry. hugs to you.

ladylep-- I hope your little one lets you get good sleep tonight! so sorry about your husband's back, too! forgot to post that before! hoping life gets less hectic for you soon, too!

I know eva and Melissa aren't around, but am thinking of them, too!

love and peace,

katie

it is me again.. i did same thing today jogged and it was nice cause it was somewhat cold.. and it like that on my face. :p

I hope all of you are doing well. I am fighting headaches on a daily bases.. :mad: i also found a good deep stretch workout on you tube.. really made me feel.. :eek: good!! lol Yogi Nora and it is good she has a few on there but two are beginner and that is the one i do then the other one i love is deep stretch it is dragon pose in really deep and half frog and back bends it is nice, like zen yoga i guess. then there are advanced she has on there to i will not do it yet lol but Katie i think you would like that one.

I wont lie you all i am still very down but i try to find humor in stuff but it is hard at times. And i think i am getting a cold yuk! :(

Thanks for being a sounding board at times!! :eek:

Hi all!

I got in Burn Sets Bis and Tris yesterday and my arms are screaming at me! It's probably been a good month since I've really did arm weights, my abs are talking too, but I didn't do any. Today I was hoping to get in Burn Sets CBS, but Little K had me up before 6 and went to bed around 12:15 and I had to do it at 7 or not at all and I was just too tired. But 8 I needed to start breakfast. The older 3 boys went to help a friend move for 4 hours! So I did get exercise in today. I'm going to be sore tomorrow! But I was really hoping to finish the October rotation by tomorrow so I could start the November rotation on Monday. So I guess I will do the shortest premix from CLB and then try to get in Burn Sets CBS.

Is anyone going to try the November rotation? I don't have all the workouts but I will just sub them out for ones I have or have a rest day for the ones I don't have.

Renee- that's so great that you can keep up the jogging! I'm going to check out that yoga workout on you tube. Humor helps. Hope your cold goes away.

Katie- hope you had some down time this weekend! Or at least dream of your "break" over Thanksgiving!

hi renee and ladylep! I am headed to the winner's recital shortly, but wanted to come on and say hi. busy weekend, and like I said, this week is going to be nuts, but oh well! rik has a horrible cold as does imala, so I am hoping the boys and I stay healthy (especially alec, with all of his super long days coming up). yesterday I worked all day and then didn't get in a walk as it was raining-- it was my rest day, anyway, though. today I did flextrain plus yoga and then a walk this late afternoon.

ladylep-- way to go on the workouts! my triceps have been super sore lately and I have no idea why:confused:. anyway, hope your littlest one starts sleeping better for you soon!

renee-- hope your cold goes away asap! I am curious about the yoga you mentioned, will have to check it out. feel free to use us as a sounding board anytime! I know I do the same thing!

better run!

will check in again soon, I hope!

katie

Lady Lep I need to do burn sets again. I have been doing butt bible workouts and I think it is good to help me with mind muscle connection. It's mostly endurance toning with light weights. My butt is really sore when I do it. But I think since I am finished with it I should do some burn sets and butts and hurts DVD and some flex train. I really want to lose weight. I have list 8 pounds but I have been being careful not to eat to much to. So I am thinking of inserting some burn sets since it is heavier then butt bible. Not sure yet.
So I don't think I can do a rotation yet cause I am so scatter brained right now.

Katie hi there I know u stay very busy. I sure miss Melissa and Eva on here to. This is the third thread I was on and it al dwindled lol. Oh well I know I can't always post or feel like it so I guess it is hard to keep one going. Well I hate sounding so depressing but really I just am at a loss at times. I know some people think I should stop talking about him but I don't want him to be forgotten. It is so sad cause like I tried to tell everyone. some people who would make light of our situation would say that he is young and he will snap out of it that it is a phase, and no big deal and laugh it off as a normal cycle for guys .. and I said and I quite " yes everyone says that, to brush it off, but what happens when something happens to him? Will it hurt him or you? No it won't it will hurt u a day him not at all cause he won't be here but it hurts the mom forever... ". And this happens. I was glad at least he moved into his brothers house for a couple weeks before this and he was doing better it seemed. That is y I was shocked cause I was thinking okay God he was doing better and u take him? Why? It just is wrong.. I can't help it I want to scream at everyone sometimes. That it is just not right, if you all knew him you'd know he was funny bright and strong and caring to a fault! He was a comedian, he was loving to EVERY one. He didn't know a stranger. He always told adults yes mam or yes sir. He was never disrespectful. Just got into some friends that wasn't good to be with and he had an addictive personality. He got to rehab then read bible front to back. Told his testimony at church, he was charismatic. Everyone I know said he was always good to everyone. He was he was a sweet person. So I know the potential he had. I didn't say it before but they are saying there was no skid marks in the road like neither one saw each other. They hit head on they say they think ryan went over the yellow line.. But then how was his truck on his side of the road in the ditch? The other guy is okay just has to get work on his legs. Police say no alcohol was involved in the crash from either party. Makes no sense, plus they can not tell me where Ryan's cell phone is. That isn't right either cause he was on phone with his girlfriend telling her he was on his way to get her. I am confused.

Anyway today I did flex train!!! I was a sweaty mess for some reason I hope I am sore tomorrow !!

Well I am altitude sore not to bad from flex train and today I did jogging for three miles. It was so pretty outside today!! It was wonderful feeling. My time was better! I did 3.1 miles in 32 minutes the last time during my 5 k it took me 35 minutes. So I shaved off three minutes! That was nice then I did deep long stretches from yogi Nora again while watching the voice.
It is still ruff getting up or going to bed. I am almost like afraid to sleep. I toss and turn I think to much cry so in order not to cry I watch mindless shows all night till I basically pass out. So I guess that it just constantly getting up late and going to sleep late. Not good I don't like it. I am hoping I can get some help with this from the counselor

hi girls--

renee-- I know that my words are inadequate for expressing how much I feel for you, but I think everything you are going through is normal. I cannot even imagine the grief, and the unanswered questions. I am glad you are able to get counseling and I hope you start getting a normal sleep schedule soon. I know I barely slept for months after mom died, and I still have major sleep issues, on and off:(. I think it is great that you are keeping active-- that takes so much strength especially when you are dealing with so much and grieving. hope today is a good day for you and so happy to hear that the weather is nice!

hello ladylep! hope you are doing well!

yes, I miss Melissa and eva, too!!

today I did legs and abs, yesterday did x10 cardio blast and hi/lo. did 30 mins of yoga each day, too. I am tired and this week is going to be brutal, as pick up times for alec at the u of m are at 11pm each night, and I like to be in bed by 10:30 at the latest. my mornings will still be just as early. anyway, I am plugging along and trying to be grateful for all the good things, and less focused on the craziness.

will check in soon again,

peace,

katie

Quick check in before I go to bed. I finally finished the October rotation and started the November rotation today. I did Intensity but step only and I was huffing and puffing! I don't know if I could have done anymore had I had the time! I did get in CLB rounds 1-6 and Burn Sets CBS on Sunday, but I just didn't get any workout in yesterday. :(

Gotta go to sleep! Hi Renee and Katie!

Lady lep how was the oct rotation? was it fairly easy to follow? Did you feel like you are getting better, losing weight or what? I am thinking of trying to do a rotation but not sure if I can stick to one yet. I am looking to get strong and lose fat.. so not sure what to do yet. I am tired of butt bible although I really liked how it was straight forward and it did lift my booty up. I need more lifting up so I was thinking of doing gym style legs today to see if I can do it better now that I have a better foundation of mind muscle thing going lol.

Katie Hi there thanks for your words it helps really. I am good today however. It seems days are okay and other days are not.

Last night I did gym styles upper body the back shoulder and bi today I am going to try Gym style legs and add on some triceps and maybe a HIIT cardio to get some calorie burn in there. I get so confused sometime.. I want to lift weights but if I did weights yesterday I feel I need cardio the next day but if I do cardio then It is two days before I get to the other half of the body then cardio then by the time I get around to the same body part it is next week almost.. I like to do all upper body if I am to do that, I don't want body parts yet.. Like I like either total body weights then the next day cardio or if I am doing splits like ub then next day cardio then lower then cardio then upper then lower and add cardio in there somewhere to get I want at least four days cardio or five mostly and be able to work my muscles each body part Two times.. how to do that formula? How come I cant figure it out? Geez I cant figure anything out if I have a rest day unplanned it REALLY throws me off to what I was needing to do. LOL I went to the counselor yesterday and I was out of sorts, and then by the time all the emotion hit I cooked dinner and was not wanting to do anything, but at 10 last night I felt like I NEEDED to move so I did the Gym styles dvd I mentioned earlier.
Katie did you have trouble focusing at times?

Renee- I think the October rotation was pretty easy to follow. And I just looked at my Weight Watchers Etools and I lost 4 pounds on that rotation! Now that was from Oct 5-Nov 17 so that was over 6 weeks. I didn't think to look back and see how much I lost. I looked at how I ate too. There was one week I lost 4.8 pounds. I actually only worked out 4 times that week: 18 min of CF, all of PRS#2, 30 min of CBS and AOLIH. I ate 41 of my weekly allowance points and I think I really tried hard to stay within my daily points for the first couple of days Saturday I ate a ton, and the other 3 days I was close to my target and one other day was a little high.

So I'm not sure what all that means. But I'm happy to say that I did lose overall on the rotation. So we will see what will happen with the Nov. rotation, which could take me 6 weeks again. My hope was to lose a pound a week, but I stayed the same last week. :(

Hi Katie!

I may try that rotation I really love Cathedral weight for ub and her cardio and I like cardio leg blast but I really like adding in the butt bible to because my legs are so weak and butt bible is more doable to me. I think like I said the foundation was shaky so I think I'll do butt bible lb on lb days till I get really good at it and each time increase my wrights on it as I do it more. So I may be able to do that rotation. It looks fun !

I did rest day today headache all day belly hurts but I may do a yoga wo if my head don't feel better after I lay down ill get back up to do deep breathing and yoga

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.