Taking it to the Max-- June 2013 thru...

Katie

I like the DVDs I did so far as well. I think so far I have done all but step 1.
My favorite is RO kO, followed by step 2.

Eva I am glad u r having some results.

Hi lady Lep and Melissa
I appreciate y'all's thoughts and prayers.

We are having problems with slow months at work. My boss has been on me since I had tried to go back to work. She will come up there behind me and start moving everything I am working on papers insurance and files and then me questions while I am on the phone and in between all of the front desk stuff I go clean the rooms and set up for procedures. She will tell me things to do although I know my job I gave been doing it for three years now. I also am the one who volunteered to do the back as well to help the other girl cause she is slow so I help out since I know how to do front n back. But for to weeks now she has been on me all the time after she moved the charts I had out she asked me for a paper well it ended up being in the chart she moved while i was on the phone. she said if i cant focus on my job i need mire time iff to greive she is running a business, i found the paper and told her it was in the chart she moved, she took me in the office and said she does not like for me to blame others for my mistakes. I told her I was not blame her I simply stated what happened.
I finally talked to hubby he told me to take that time off n try to find a new job. U know in 6 months she has three people hired and fired in the tine i quit when my mom passed iaway. i wasnt going back then but i felt sorry for her when she called and asked if id come back. i actualy think she wants to get rid of me cause she has made it impissible to get my job done with her breathing down my neck she trying to say i act more irritable! yeah probably when she keeps moving my stuff. she said it don't look professional with papers out. i told her patents cant see it and it looks like i am working.
well anyway i am going to take three weeks out. be alone during the day at home will be good. i feel i have to hide my tears when everyone is herehome quit b

Anyway when I explained everything to my doctor he said it sounds like she has issues with money and she is using this terrible thing that happened to her advantage. She is looking at applications from kids coming from a trade school to work while I am out. So he thinks she can pay them less then me. He said he thinks I am to nice and she taking advantage. I actually thought maybe I am losing my mind that's y I talked to my dim toe cause my boss was saying I am forgetting stuff. I told her I have no idea what she is talking about.

hi girls-- today I did the entire x10 workout plus 25 minutes of yoga and burned 878 calories:eek:. it was super intense-- I would say the most difficult workout I have done-- and not sure I will do it often, but wanted to see if I could make it through, and I did:)

renee-- that sounds so awful. sounds like you have a very insensitive boss:(. I hope everything works out okay-- I am sure it will. maybe while you are taking this time off something better will come along. I can't imagine being back at work after such a loss. it took me so long to have a "normal" day after losing mom. thinking of you.

hello ladylep and hello eva! hope the new job is all that you had hoped it would be, eva!

last night was another concert at the u of m, but this time, alec was chosen as one of 4 violinists to represent the violin program and he performed in a violin string quartet. it was really good! the concert was called "collage" and it featured music from all the depts. in the school of music. it was a long show, and a completely packed house at ted mann hall (with standing room only). I think that must have been the biggest crowd alec has ever played for, and he did so well. very proud of him and all how he is going for his dream.

hope you all are having a nice weekend. it has been busy, busy here.

hugs,

katie

Hello Everyone,
Renee, I am so sorry to hear that you are still having issues at your job...in fact, it seems it is escalating. If you can afford to take the time off, then do so. That will be a nice break for you. You certainly do not need any additional stress in your life right now. Unfortunately, sometimes no matter what you do, you cannot get on a person's good side if they already determined to get rid of you, and given all that you have told us about your boss, she really has a strained relationship with reality, and no people skills. I think looking for a new job is an excellent idea for you. I hope the job market is OK there and that it would be relatively easy for you to find a new job. What about the office your friend works at? I remember you saying they might be hiring other people when she moved near you and started her job. Is that still the case? Then you would be able to work with your friend, which seems like an added advantage.

I am off all this week, and looking forward to a nice relaxing time off! It's so nice to be done with my old job. I woke up this morning and just had a feeling of relief sweep over me. That's been the case every day since Friday!

Congratulations to Alec on being selected for the quartet! I am so happy to hear that the concert was a success. Was he nervous about the show beforehand, Katie? Congrats on making your way through X10. I think the full workout is 77 minutes, correct? That's a classic Cathe length workout. Although her new ones seem to be under an hour most of the time. I downloaded the two step workouts this weekend and did the less dancy one on Sunday. I wish they had different names...I cannot remember which one is PR#1 vs. PR#2. I liked the workout, though. I started doing step with Cathe and that's still my oldie but goodie workout...it's like workout comfort food for me! :D I am on a 1 week break from my TA rotation, so I am going to do whatever workouts I want this week. It's been awesome! Saturday I did Bodystrikes again, and today I did an ART workout and I am going to try to do some KB swings this evening...I need to get back to do 200 of those d ay. I need a heavier bell.

Ladylep, I hope you are doing well!

Hi! I'm still here reading, but trying to keep my head above water with school/activities/house maintenance!

I did Legs and X10 low impact on Sunday about an hour taking out the stretch from Legs and warm up from X10. I so sore and tired yesterday that I took a rest day. Six workouts in a row, I figured it was ok, until we went to Cheeburger Cheeburger for dinner! But I split the chicken wrap with my hubby no cheese or dressing, just chicken and veggies, it was OK. Then I had a small milkshake that Hubby had a little of. So the points weren't too bad.

This morning I did Party Rockin Step #1 but could only get in 15 min.

I lost 4.8 pounds last week!!! I hope that I will have lost more or at least kept that off when I go tomorrow night! I haven't eaten raw and I'm due to get my period tomorrow. I've tried to eat clean somewhat...Unfortunately, I've kind of given up on my challenge. When I thought I was getting sick, I stopped for 6 days, though I really didn't need to...I did the abs one a few days ago. But my friend also got sick about the same time and took a break but I'm not sure if she's gotten back into it.

Eva-so cool that you are still doing ART workouts, what is TA again, I forget.

Renee-hope your job gets better!

Katie-Congrats to Alec!

Hello Everyone,
Good to hear from you Ladylep. I am not surprised to hear you are super busy, as usual.:p You and Katie amaze me with your stamina! I think Cathe's basic rule of thumb is a rest day after 6 days, so it's no surprise you were tired and needed a break! Kudos to you for getting your workouts in, and a huge congrats on your weight loss. 4.8 pounds is a huge amount, and you've obviously had a good week of eating coupled with your excellent workouts.

Katie, I hope you are doing well and that things are not too hectic for you!

Hi Renee, sending you love and hugs. I love your new picture of you and Ryan. :D Very beautiful.

Yesterday I spent about an hour learning the first 3 combos of party rocking step #1, the dancey one. That routine is certainly tricky. I will work on the second three tomorrow. Today I'm cleaning out my closet and transitioning clothes from spring to winter. That was one big project I wanted to complete this week and it's done!

Now I'm off to run errands and will do an ART workout this afternoon.

Take care,
Eva

Hi all,

Just a quick pop in with an update and a question. This morning I did Supercuts and tomorrow is supposed to be lean legs and x10 fat burning something and then flex train on Saturday. So, I'm subbing butt and guts for the lean legs, but I don't know what to sub for flex train or if I should just do only one tomorrow probably x10 because it's shorter and butt and guts on Saturday.

Hi Eva, Katie and Renee!

Hi all

Still not doing great but I am exercising. I have been doing butt bible DVD level 2 this week along with jogging today and kick box yesterday ROKO.
I know I feel as if I forget to breath at times in sadness and have to keep sighing taking deep breath but when I jog I actually feel like I am breathing.

I thought I saw him today I was praying to God about a sign for me to know Ryan's soul was ok or will be one day. I been praying this but I saw a truck looked like his and that's not unusual cause so many red trucks now and it makes my heart skip. But the boy looked at me smiling and tipped his head at me like he used to do. But I know that was nothing just coincidence. I need something to put my heart at ease. Well actually right now I feel like it is still not real but I am understanding it more and it feels worse everyday not better. But I must keep trying. If I am still here and he isn't then I suppose that means I still have a purpose to fill, and I have to be healthy to live even if I feel like dying. I get paranoid now as well about my other son. Just scary..thus feels like no other feeling I have ever had. I still keep asking God questions I will keep asking til he can give me a calm heart.
I have to keep going for my other son and this s what I'll do. Not sure how to pray about my blessings though.
Hope u all have a good night I am gonna try to sleep.

Well today was rest day

And me and my step sons wife my step daughter n law lol went to the movies. They came in from Georgia and it was nice. I hope to do butt bible tomorrow again but add some cardio again like HS or ROKO

Lady Lep

Since flex train is light weight I don't see why you should sub it put unless you just want something else to do. Just my thoughts on that not sure if I am right but just thought so.
So far no work out as of right now cause my step son has mattresses in family where I exercise, so I will have to wait till this evening to do it. I am gonna do level two upper n lower butt bible then a 30 min premix of ROKO..
Where did everyone go? Are we still having this check in or are we deciding not having it now?
I have not read all the post lately cause to much I missed so not sure what's up.
Have a blessed day All

H Renee, I'm still here! I did butt and guts today and will do one of the x10s tomorrow, not low impact because I've already done that one. Then I'm not sure what I'll sub for flex train or if I'll just skip it. But I've been thinking how I've missed some of the hardcore extreme workouts and body max 2 and low impact circuit. Sometimes I just want to go through all my cathe DVDs alternating wts and cardio. :) and maybe throw in some urban rebounder and old firm workouts!

I didn't get any work out in yesterday, I slept in until 7! I cleaned and picked up the house after B's final soccer game. No sports for a few weeks! Until basketball practice starts!

Saw Noah at sight and sound theatre last week, it was awesome!!! Fun field trip!

Going to bed early, super tired.

Hi Renee and Eva!

Hi Lady Lep

I like hardcore to. It seems like there isn't enough time to do all the DVD lol

I did a total body work out, butt bible level two and a timesaver cardio premix of ROKO the Cardio with gloves and heavy bag after the BB. I like doing cardio after a weight workout! It almost feels like the muscle toning gets my muscles warm and then the cardio after it just seems as if I can tell I'm burring fat this way! Not sure it's not scientific but I can see how it can work. Well in my mind! But I am gonna jog Tomorrow after I go to counseling.
Have a good night

Hi Melissa, Eva, and Katie!

No workout in for me today! :(. I just ran out of time.

I hope tomorrow I get one in. I think I'm just going to choose one that fits my time and mood for a flex train replacement!

Hi Renee, Katie and Eva!

hi girls! I am here! just crazy busy and not as much time at the computer. I have been doing the new workouts plus my regular yoga. Fridays workouts have been shorter as nygel has an early cello lesson now-- so I have been doing lots of x10 those days-- normally the first premix (hi lo plus cardio blast). really liking all the new workouts (still haven't done PRS1, though!).

I hope everyone is doing well today!

renee, hoping time off has been a good thing for you. I know you must still be hurting so. way to go on still working out and I am glad to hear family has been visiting.

ladylep-- I bet you are as time crunched as ever! congrats on the weightloss and good for you for getting your sweating in:D. I think a good sub for flex train would be athletic training from LIS or supercuts maybe? hope you get some time for you today.

eva-- glad to hear that you had some down time! that is wonderful:D. I know you work so much-- how great that you left a place that was a major stress. hope the new job is going well-- if it started.

I better get busy with nygel. another concert tonight (one last night and last Friday, too) and a competition this weekend, so no end in sight on the running around!:p love and peace to all,

katie

Hi all!

Just a quick update here. I got in the first half of rhythmic step in yesterday in place of flex train just because that's what i was in the mood for. I had just done super cuts last week and don't have athletic training. But thanks for the suggestions, Katie! Today I didn't get a workout in. Little K had me up in the middle of the night and I fell asleep with him and didn't get out of his room until 6:15 or so, and I need to be up by 6 to workout on the weekdays, particularly Wednesdays when we have salt/bible study 35 min away and classes (SALT) start and 9 but they really want you there by 8:45....

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get in one of the x10 workouts of I can get up at 6!

Hi Eva, Renee and Katie!

hey girls! happy Halloween!

just popping on to say hello. almost made it through this crazy week! I feel like we have been going nonstop since last Friday's performance. I am looking forward to the weekend, though there are still lessons and the competition for all three on sunday-- at least we gain an hour! today will probably be a shorter-- two segments, maybe-- x10 and not sure about tomorrow. I have to pick imala up at noon after her finals and then, of course, we will go out tonight and visit my niece and her kids as well as my sister (we all love halloween:)). tomorrow I am taking care of a friend's 2 year old and 6 year old, nygel has a cello lesson and once again I need to pick up imala after her last finals-- so lots of running around.

ladylep-- hope you get in a workout. I so dislike the early mornings! it is so cold in the house and so dark. seriously, my least favorite time of day... hope you and the kids have fun today.

hello renee and eva! what are you guys up to?

peace,

katie

Katie hi there!

I know winters are long for you. I am enjoying the weather here, well maybe I should say appreciating cause I don't call anything joy right now. But I do feel appreciative of the weather here when I go jogging. It feels so wonderful to feel the breeze on my face see the leaves fall to the ground. I am melon collie I suppose. Not sure if I spelled it right. But yeah I am kind of trying to block out my feelings in a way and it makes you kind if feel nothing but realizing you are here, at that moment and no more no less. I think that may be the closet ill get to joy for now. But I went to counseling tues and not much help yet. Nit sure if she is gonna do good with me or not. I go to group thurs my husband is welling to go as well.

I went jogging today and did butt bible upper body level 2 . It was good jog

I hope everyone had a blessed night

hi girls-- guess we all are busy! or are we taking a break? I have been running with the kids every day it seems. had competition on sunday and nygel won his division! very happy for him. I have been doing shorter workouts some days as I am so time crunched. today I did great glutes extreme plus 15 mins of yoga, yesterday, though I just did the cardio blast x10 and 30 mins of yoga. sunday I did crossfire. both Friday and Saturday ended up being rest days as I was just feeling so fried. somehow, as we enter into Christmas time, I am always more stressed. hoping to make money go farther to get all the gifts, etc, and always running here and there. anyway, I kind of wish we had one more month of fall here, but the snow is supposed to fall tonight-- up to 6 inches, which I am hoping they are wrong on. it has been in the 40s, so seems too warm to get that much. guess I will find out in the morning.

renee-- I am happy that you are able to find comfort in jogging and that the weather is nice for it. hugs to you. I have been missing mom a lot lately, too-- thinking it will be extra hard this winter. It is good to hear your husband is willing to go to your group, too.

hello eva and ladylep! eva, I am guessing you are super busy with the new job! ladylep, I am guessing your kids have you running, too!

love and peace,

katie

Hi Katie

I am trying to trudge along, I missed my counseling today !! I forgot I had appointment today or forgot what day it was!! I hope they don't charge me! But Thursday is group counseling. That one me my husband and my other son will be going there.
Well you are busy, I remember last year you were busy at thus time.

I did butt bible level 3 lower body yesterday it was40 minutes and jogged one mile and walked one today level 3 upper body 40 minutes I am sore finally !! I also did rock out knockout timesaver 2 I think the gloves and heavy bag. Tomorrow I am thinking of jogging and yoga cause I am so sore!!
I am thinking of my mom as well it will be three years nov 22 since she past. And I miss her, but I have to say grieving for my son has put that into a different spot or something.... Hard to explain! I miss her so much but I knew it was happening but she was my best friend but my son, it is still a shock to me. I can not understand or wrap my head around it at all. I keep pushing the thoughts out of my mind to keep from crying but even that is so tiring.

Up all night last night til 400 then finaly slept but didn't get up till 10!!! I hate that anyway I did do a 4 mile jog and then lastics DVD a really nice stretch. I had a ruff night and day and through all of thus exercise I had a killer headache. And still do but I had hoped the jog would force air into my brain and help or the stretching would help well finally I ended up tail g a hot bath then gave into excedrine migraine pills, that used to work but it hasn't thus far
Tomorrow ill do lower body again 40 minutes and I may try an x10 or tabatacise at the end not sure yet or I may do a light jog only one mile

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.