Taking it to the Max-- June 2013 thru...

Hello Everyone,

Renee, good luck on your 5K this weekend, if I don't chat with you beforehand. I will be thinking of you! How are you doing?

Ladylep, I hope you guys are all doing well and that the plague has not come down over your house! It's hard to stay healthy with little kids around, but I thought it would be a little easier with them being home schooled. I guess you're not living in a bubble, though, so germs will always find a way of getting around.

Katie, I hope you guys are doing well...happy belated Birthday to Imala. Did you all have a good time at the party? Did you do costumes too?

I'm still plugging away with my TA workouts. I finish up this series today and will take a break and do ART tomorrow, then start the last 10 days of the first level on Thursday. So far I am noticing my waist is down a wee bit, as are my hips and thighs. My arms are also down a smidgen...and I do mean a smidgen. I have a dress that has tight arms that I use as a guide, as it's hard for me to measure my arms with the tape.

So far I'm happy with my results, though. It's nice to see a little progress. These are very, very small changes, but I am seeing some progress for sure.

Take care everyone!
Eva

hi girls--

sorry I have been m.i.a. lately-- just super busy and running like crazy all the time, it seems. I was excited to get my new dvds on Tuesday! yesterday I did three segments of x10-- really liked it but was feeling low energy due to bas insomnia the night before. today I did the legs and abs workout and was pleasantly surprised by how quickly it went by. it seems like that one is not as difficult as cathe's other workouts, which is nice once in a while;). today I am headed out the door again in a few minutes. this time to bring the kids to chamber music practice. mainstreet had conferences today and both alec and imala are doing great! don't know how alec is keeping up with his high school schedule along with his program at the university, but somehow he does it!

renee-- I hope you are being gentle with yourself. my aunt did say that you will slowly heal and be able to laugh again, but that, for her, there is an emptiness there that never goes away-- like a piece of her heart that she lost and buried with suzy. I am guessing that is how you feel, too? I think your idea of a memorial in ryan's name is wonderful. continued prayers and hugs to you.

eva-- that is exciting about your results! you are so great at coming up with your rotations-- it is very inspiring! hope you are having a good week. oh, the costume party is this Saturday.:) thank you for the birthday wishes for imala-- she had a great day and says to thank you!

hello ladylep-- hope you are doing well! sounds like school is as busy as ever and even more of a challenge. I have no doubt you will work it all out!

alright, better run.

peace,

katie

me again, girls! just wanted to check in and say that I have some DOMS today from yesterday's legs workout:D today I did more x10 as time was short for workouts. exciting news today, too. alec was awarded a violin from the virtu foundation. he applied for one this past summer and we were thinking he hadn't won it, but he did! he just received a violin made in 1860 by a French luthier in paris, france. he is beaming, he is so thrilled. he says it is the best violin he has ever played on, and it would have been way, way out of our budget to purchase.

good night everyone!

katie

Hi all!

Congrats to Alec! Katie-I'm looking forward to trying out X10! I only bought that one and the 2 step workouts.

Eva- everyone is basically well, some lingering coughs. I'm actually feeling quite well, usually it takes me forever to kick colds. But I did a bunch of essential oils this time and I think it really helped! I didn't eat great, but not terrible, I didn't get good sleep but I didn't exercise as much. I've kept up with the ab and lunge challenges though.

Renee-how did the 5K go? Was it today?

I'm going to try to loosely follow the October rotation. I did Hard Strikes today (no conditioning) and will try to get in Bis/Tris tomorrow if I can.

At my WW meeting last week I gained .4! The week before I had gained 3! I thought I tracked my food really well last week, not perfectly but really well! And I didn't eat any of my activity points. I should measure myself and see where I am there. I hope that I have a loss this week. I was really hoping to lose 10 pounds by the end of October and I've put on 3+! I was really hoping to lose the 20 I need to lose by Christmas. Ugh!

5 k went good I guess, I was 35 minutes I wanted 34 but I guess 35 minutes ant to terrible. I was sick to my stomach so by the end I had to run to the restroom. :). And had to go home before the awards because my belly was bad too embarrassing.

Hello Everyone,
Renee, congratulations to you on running and finishing the 5K. One minute from your goal time is excellent, so please don't be down on your accomplishment...consider what you had to go through mentally to even get yourself down to the race yesterday. I'm sorry you were not feeling well, though...that stinks. High Five for persevering!! You are an inspiration to me. :D

Katie, wow, that's so awesome that Alec received that violin. That really is amazing. I can only imagine how overjoyed he is. I know he will cherish that. What a special thing to have. I cannot even imagine...I hope the party went well and that you guys had a blast. Sounds like you are enjoying the new workouts, which is cool! The legs and glute one looks intriguing, and I have heard that it does not use heavy weights, which some like and some don't. Are you going to attempt the step ones, or just shelve those completely?

Ladylep, glad to hear you guys are all feeling better! Kudos to you for keeping up with your challenge even while you were not feeling well. I'm sorry the scale is not moving in the direction you want it to, but if you keep watching your food and working out, it's going to cooperate at some point! :D

I'm still plugging away with my TA rotation. I started the last 10 day series of the first level today, which will be equivalent to 30 days of TA workouts in Hipcentric. I have been interspersing other things here and there, though, so it's taking me a little longer than that. I'm actually enjoying my current rotation more than I thought I would. I do try to mix up the cardio (her rotation calls for 30 minutes of her muscular structure work, which is mostly all 4s floor work and those crazy arm and ab moves that she's known for), and 30 minutes of her dance cardio. I'm switching up the cardio. Today I might do my new kickbox video for cardio. I've also been adding in kettle bell swings which are cool.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekends!
Eva

Last edited:
Got in XTrain bis and tris today. Hoping to get in cardio leg blast in tomorrow. I think this is my least fave XTrain, but I think it goes fast!

I love Cardio Leg Blast! It reminds me of STS Plyo Legs, which was one of my favorite workouts. I like the alternating weights with plyo format. That workout is a doozy, though. I am spent when it is done.

Well, I didn't get in CLB. :( I just finished my ab and lunge challenge and am going to try to go to bed now and get up at 5:30 to do it!

Smooth sailing for school today, motivated by chocolate throughout and then double if completed in time for piano lessons and ON TIME for piano lessons. They got half instead of double (which was 10 chocolate chips), everything was perfect until we were 5 min away from piano and going to be 10 min. early when I realized that they had ALL forgotten their music!! So I turned around. I said this was the one and only time I would do this this school year...

Hi Eva, Renee and Katie!

Hello Everyone,
Checking in with more TA. I'm on Day 25 of my rotation and have 5 more days on level 1. Then I move on to the next 30 day cycle, which has progressive workouts every 10 days. I really like the way this TA program is structured. It keeps your body guessing, and I'm doing well. My clothes are definitely feeling a wee bit looser this week. I'm looking forward to measuring at the end of this level to see what my results have been. On Tuesday I took a break from TA and did my new Patrick Goudeau Kickbox Burn workout. That was a blast. This was my first time doing the whole thing and it was another calorie scorcher...almost 600 calories in the hour, and like Bodystrikes, it's not super high impact the entire time.

Ladylep, how many more days on your lunge and ab challenge? How are you liking it so far?

Hi Katie and Renee!

Eva

Hi- I got in clb yesterday 20 min rounds 1-4. It's all I had time for. This morning in got it crossfire premix with firewalker and pylo tabata! That was tough! I don't know if I would have been able to the rest if I had had the time! I did my ab challenge instead of the cooldown. But i still have the lunge challenge to do

Eva- I don't think I see any difference in doing the challenge so I don't like it and am looking forward to it being finished! I'm not sure what day I'm own but I started in the first couple days of October.

Hi Renee and Katie!

hi girls! so much to catch up on! just having a crazy schedule here lately-- btwn schoolwork with nygel, driving alec and imala to and fro, and work at the yoga center I have been a bit fried. am still liking the new workouts, though! yesterday I did great glutes and my goodness did that one burn! the day before I did rockout knockout and that was not as difficult as I was expecting. have been doing yoga everyday, too. today I did x10 the power blast and hi low segments plus 40 mins of shiva rea. the x10 felt super intense!:eek: not sure if it was from crummy sleep last night or ttotm coming on, but it felt super tough!

renee-- congrats on your 5k! you did a fantastic job! hope you are hanging in there these days-- I know they must be so difficult. hugs.

eva-- how great about the TA rotation! you really have been getting some good results! thanks for the nice words re: alec and the violin! it was a huge deal and will make all the difference in the world with competitions and just day to day practicing.

ladylep--CF is definitely tough, but for whatever reason, always feels more doable to me then some of cathe's other workouts. I think it is the short bursts. have you tried x10 yet? the premixes I did last week felt less intense than this one today, and I really can't imagine doing all of the segments together at this point:eek:.

have a nice day everyone!

peace,

katie

Hi all I did rock out knockout scrambled egg premix it was fun

I will be back tomorrow for more personals. I was gonna copy and past what I wrote on the other thread but I can't get my phone to do it!! I don't feel like writing all that again lol.. Sorry.

I just don't feel like much except eat sleep if possible and workout drag my butt to work. And my boss is a bitch

Well tonight was okay till I laid down and i feel irritable, and I feel sad and lonely, and worried for Rocky (my other son)at the same time
Rocky had a date he had been looking forward to all week, and when he got home he was excited left five seconds later he came back he said she isn’t home yet, he still was smiling went in the house and started watching cartoons. He kept texting and getting text and I ask him I said is she still at work or what?
No she is at a birthday party wow okay so now I am fuming that this witch can do him this way again.
I don’t understand this.. Rocky has a tendency to get down and hard to get out of it and that on top of us grieving and him missing Ryan it can be to much . I am praying that God wont let anything bad happen to Rocky he needs to find him a good girl friend and get married and be happy.. I am not understanding why God isn’t allowing this to happen to my boys? Its like every other guy has a girl but ryan and rocky. Rocky is 25
Dang I keep wondering did I do something wrong? Did I do something to make a curse of being lonely come onto their life, or destruction? Really I am not getting any of this…
Then I go pray and I don’t even know what to say to God at the moment but "why? I know you are there you helped me in other ways surly that wasn’t in my mind, so if you are there talk to me tell me why you took Ryan, and if it is for a bigger purpose tell me.. make me understand talk to me give me a peace cause if I let myself let this fact about Ryan soak through I am not sure I can take it.." I mean even now at night I just want to go out into the dark and find Ryan I feel he is out there somewhere, he is out there I just need to go into the darkness and walk until I find him.. and I can bring him home.. It is so strange I don’t want to believe he is gone, when I do I am overwhelmed and I am scared of it.. I go jog I jogged four miles today without any problem I felt I could run run run til I find ryan or till my pain goes away
At the end of my run today I had imagined Ryan was at the top of the hill telling me I can do it even if it hurts my heart sprint hard till I make it to the top when I get to the top I will see him. I was kind of thinking maybe if I ran hard enough my heart would stop and that is what he meant, my heart would stop and Id be home with him.
But I cant I need to keep living I have another son who needs me and I just pray god protects Rocky from harm and he blesses him with a happy long life. I am sad but not as sad as I know I really am if that makes since.. I mean I know if I allow it I will sink deeper into the darkness and I wont be able to get out.. so at times I pretend Ryan is just out he has not came to visit yet.. but then I realize it at night and I am overwhelmed with a sick disgusting feeling in my belly.. I then have to breathe and pretend again go somewhere else im my mind cause if I except this It wont be good yet.
Okay I ran 3.9 that was almost 4 miles there and walked for a 1/2 so It was about four and a half miles, and I felt I could have kept going if it wasn't for I was suppose to stop. I am a mess I guess well anyway I did a butt bible upper

Renee-I wish I had something or some words to comfort you. My heart aches for you. The Lord is the only one who can comfort you the way you need to be comforted and sometimes that may not feel like much. Hang in there.

I just finished Party Rockin' Step #2 and LOVE it!!!! I was smiling. Do you ever have it happen where, something is tricky and then you get it and say out loud "I got it!" and then Cathe says, "Way to go, or great! or you got it now"? Well that happened right after, I love that. I was ready to be done about 35 min into it though, because I was so tired. Yesterday I only did a low impact tabata on Crossfire, barely broke a sweat, I wasn't feeling well and was tired.

Hi Eva and Katie!

hi girls. busy days here as alec had an orchestra concert Friday night, imala and nygel had their chamber group and then imala a violin lesson yesterday from 9-1, then had to take alec to his performance class at the u of m which lasted til 4ish. anyway, today was a lazy day as far as running around goes. got up and did flextrain plus 30 mins of yoga, took the dogs for two walks and am now making vegan lasagna.:)

renee--like ladylep said, I wish there was some way I could take away some of your pain:(. I think all that you are feeling is so normal. I am so sorry sweetheart. hoping you find more peace in the coming days and that you continue to be surrounded by loved ones who support you in your healing. I will have to try that scrambled version of rockout knockout.

ladylep-- way to go on the step workout! I still haven't tried it as I have two left feet, but may give that one a shot-- will stay away from the first one, though.

hello eva!

blessings,

katie

Greetings,
Sorry I've been MIA for the last week or so.

Renee, I am just sending you a great big hug! Nothing I say can really address your grief or loss, so just know that I am continuing to keep your family in my thoughts. I am sorry about Rocky's dating issue. Dating is such a drag, I think you have to get really zen about those things and just know that the right person is out there somewhere, and you'll find them when the time is right. That's what I believe at least. That's easy for me to say, though, because he's not my son. I know how my heart aches when things don't go well for my sisters, so I can only imagine it's 1000 times worse when it's your own child.

Ladylep, I totally know what you're saying about nailing a tough workout! I get excited when I do the same, whether it's keeping the same level of intensity or getting all the reps for something I've been struggling with, or nailing a complex routine. It's very exhilarating! Kudos for workout out when you are feeling kind of blah...even if you were not sweating buckets, you're still reaping the benefits of your workout. Are you still doing the lunge challenge or are you done with that?

Hi Katie! Have you done all the workouts yet (except the step ones, which I know you're avoiding!)? If so, how do you like them? It seems they are getting good reviews, but the consensus is there's really nothing new in them...but they are solid Cathe workouts.

I am changing jobs and things have been pretty hectic since I gave my notice. Tomorrow is my last day and I'm so ready to move on. This job is very boring and I'm ready for something more interesting and more challenging. I accepted a new job as a VP at a global company, and I'll be traveling a lot. It will be a far more demanding job in general, so I am going to have to figure out how to get my workouts in regularly as I settle in to a very new lifestyle.Should be interesting.

Anyways, I'm still plugging away at my TA rotation. I do the last day of the first level today. It's taken me forever to get through this first 30 day stint, but working in alternate workouts is a must for me. I must say my body is really loving the change of pace yet. I feel great, and toning up nicely. My arms are not shrinking as much as I would like though. :confused: They got much bigger when I did STS last year, and I'd like them to go down some...it's muscle, but they're bigger than I want them to be.

Take care everyone!
Eva

Eva so happy for u on ur new job!!!

I am having issues in that as well. On my way to work now so I am going to come check in this evening.

hi girls-- headed to more lessons and chamber groups tonight-- never seems to stop! anyway, wanted to check in before I leave. this morning I did the legs and abs dvd plus the barre. really like that workout. eva, you asked about the new workouts, and I do really like them:). I even tried party rockin step 2 yesterday-- I was able to follow most, but stuck to some leg blasts when my brain stopped working:p. I love the great glutes dvd-- that one really works you, and flextrain is great, too. also loving the x10 dvd, so I guess I like them all! she has some new moves, great music and the segments seem to move along quickly. I have been getting great calorie burns and DOMS from them, too. I really feel like my legs are getting more toned and look some smaller. have not measured anything, though.

eva that is so exciting about your new job!! that sounds incredible, ms. vice president:D. hope you really enjoy it! I am sure you will figure out something with your workouts, too;)

renee-- I wondered what was up with your job from your fb status. hoping everything is okay?

hello ladylep!

better dash...
katie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.