T-Bar Row

loreneg

When doing the t-bar row in P.S, I don't have a barbell.. Can I replace it with another exercise or use heavy hand wts..and still get good form.

You can use your heavy hand weights and it actually gives you more range of motion. You can start from the same postion as you see with the t-bar with your palms facing each other, then bring your elbows up pointing the ceiling util your palms face your side waist, squeezing your scapulas together, with the back, neck and head staight and in the same line.
Hope this helps!

In one thread Cathe suggested either wide grip or narrow grip barbell rows too. Just to give you more options.

I sometimes use Spri Bands with the handles (The ones with high resistance). I sit on the step and wrap around my feet and cross to the opposite hands (hope this makes sense). You can increase resistance by straightening your legs, moving your legs futher apart, or wrapping the bands around your hands where you are holding the handles.

Rhonda

Ok I will give this a try... so first let me make sure I understand... I use the same stance bent knees and bend over and bring my hand wts up pulling until they are at my waist.
Do I keep the wts together at the btm. and pull up as a V?
Thanks you for you help
Lorene

Yes Lorene, the V is definitely a great way to think of it. Also, when pulling up, depending on the weight's poundage you have, you might not reach your waist, but that is the direction.
Hope this makes sense.
Bita

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.