Swimmers/Swim Caps

Pinny150

Cathlete
Hi ladies! Just looking for any recommendations on swim caps, or are they all the same pretty much? I have long hair, and I'd like to keep it as dry as possible!

Thanks!

Iris

I like the Speedo silicone caps, cover well and don't pull my hair when I take them off. I dislike any latex caps--they smell, pull my hair, etc.

cool! Don't know where you ordered from, but I love swimoutlet.com. I've ordered tons of stuff from them, great prices, fast shipping,etc.

Ohhh....I'll have to check that site out... thanks! I just ordered from Amazon...where I order everything...lol

Ohhh....I'll have to check that site out... thanks! I just ordered from Amazon...where I order everything...lol

Pinny150, another great site for aquatic fitness gear of all kinds (apparel, caps, equipment, etc.) is Kiefer.com.

A-Jock

Ahhhhh....thank you! I will check that out as well. :p I'm realizing I don't know much about suits either. I'm toying with the idea of a triathlon (next year)............

Ahhhhh....thank you! I will check that out as well. :p I'm realizing I don't know much about suits either. I'm toying with the idea of a triathlon (next year)............

My personal preference is for the Tyr brand of swimsuits. Kiefer always has a "grab bag" selection, where you kind of take a pig in a poke: you order a "grab bag" suit for a discount (the discount is less if you specify the brand, say Tyr or Speedo), and they send you whatever style they're closing out. Because I work out at least once a week in a pool I go through suits fairly consistently, and the grab-bag feature has represented a great savings to me. I'll admit, though, that I've gotten some butt-ugly suits over the years. I'm not sure if Kiefer has any special suits for triathlons, but it's worth a check.

A-Jock

Pinny150 - I went to Marshall's and got 2 Nike suits for 19.99 each - they are great suits for swimming laps. If you do a tri, you will most likely swim in a tri suit anyway - short and a top. And I totally second the silicone cap :)

Ditto to all the above advice! :)
So cool that you're thinking about doing a triathlon! Just watch out... they can be addictive. ;)
If you're looking for great tri gear down the road, I've been able to find some amazing deals at Hannulink.com They have an eBay store as well. It's a small family-owned business in CA, and their site is nothing fancy, but I've saved a bundle with them & have been really happy with their service. Best wishes & happy training!

Wow, ladies, thanks for all your tips and suggestions! I will check them out and I truly appreciate it! :D

Iris

Pinny150, another great site for aquatic fitness gear of all kinds (apparel, caps, equipment, etc.) is Kiefer.com.

A-Jock

I second Keifer.com, just bought some more suits(when you swim a lot and two swimmers in the house, they die easily, and I don't like the fit of the polyester ones and neither does my daughter).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.