Survey: what move do you dread?

I have to say "Sit and Stands." I call them "Sit and swears", because instead of counting, "five, six, seven,.." while I hold the position, I say single syllable swears until I stand. This helps a bit. And yesterday during the low end plie squats on LL, I thought that I was going to fly away because my legs were flappin' like a pair of wings. But I love how sore I am today!

Cathe... I hope you aren't offended by this thread! I meant it in all kindness & fun! :)

We dread certain moves... but we do 'em because they're so darn effective!!!!!

THANKS for being such a super sport!!!!

marnie

I dread any kind of lunges during step workouts - it kills my legs - even the lunges in the Powermax warm up!! But ya gotta know it's working - so that's the good thing :)

Effective they are! So I will perservere through those lower ends because my lower end will be all the better for it. And I absolutely love having been able to complete the video, even if I can't complete each and every repetition. :)

Interval #5 in IMAX - I have the rest of them down, but for some reason that is the one that still trips me up sometimes!! Oweee! :-tired

I also dread the sashays (chasses, chashays, whatever) in the step portion of MIC. I feel like I'm dragging after doing all of that hi/lo. I might try the Power-7s mentioned earlier.

I dread the Power Scissors interval in Interval Max (Is it #8?). Once I've finished this interval, I consider the workout over, even though I have two more intervals to do. I sail through those two after doing #8!

I dread Crazy-8's. I always have to lower my weight for the second set of these in MIS. How DOES Cathe do them with 35 lbs? I'm lucky to do the first set with 30, and the second with 25!!!

I dread the overhead presses in S&H Shoulders. By that time, my shoulders are already fried, and I can barely lift my arms over my head.

Sandi M

Caroline Knorr
I hate French presses ("Imagine two teacups...") and those little mini-presses for triceps. And I hate doing Leaner Legs - but I LOVE the results.

No question...lunges. Hate them! I'd rather do power scissors or sit & stand any day. If I HAVE to do lunges, stationery lunges are easiest for me.
I'm not too fond of pushups either! :-rollen
Ruth
;-)

Most standing leg work, especially the "sit and stands" or "hovers" and the second worst is the move on CTX Leaner Legs where you are doing a back lunge with you leg on the step with a barbell on your shoulders. First getting my balance is hard, then for some reason, it's a killer.
But they must be good for me. At least I am not feeling it the next day so much as I do while I'm actually doing them. That's improvement I think.
Faythe

Interval Max!

Oh we have to pick a single move???? DARN!

Actually, Interval Max isn't bad now that I do the dreaded modified intervals on the rebounder.

And those sit and stands? I'm thanking Cathe, when I come out of the woods on my long bike rides! Bless them, bless them, bless them!

Cleda

I am none too fond of the abs section in Body Max, where Cathe asks you to put one hand on your obliques in order to feel the muscle working. Problem is, not only can I feel the muscle working, I can also feel that generous layer of FAT on top of my oblique/ab muscles that Cathe does NOT HAVE! Arrrrgh! Oh well, gives me something to work for as I watch Cathe's tight abs. My abs feel tight too--I just hafta get that layer of fat off!!

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! I can so relate to those abs!! I have the most awesome, hardest set of abs -- under the fat layer!! Bwahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! :7

Hollie

I totally agree w/ #8 in Interval Max. I anxiously wait for
Cathe to say "Great job Hope" so I can change to level 1. It's
difficult to make it to that point without passing out!! I
feel a common bond w/ Hope in this video. Thanks Hope!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.