Surprised by Hiit Pyramid

Fembot40

Cathlete
I think Hiit Pyramid is my favorite of this series. It's fun and an excellent add on to Pyramid Upper Body. I wasn't expecting to fall in love this, so it was a great surprise this morning. I origanally thought to marry the Hiit's with the Gym series, but they also are a great add on to the Pyramid weight workouts. Thanks Cathe!!

Hi Fembot40,

I haven't tried this yet. How complicated is the choreography? I gave up on StepMoves and did fairly well on Athletic Step. Does it repeat or change steps/moves pretty frequently?

Thanks!
Pam

The choreography is not complicated at all. The good thing is, you run through a series of drills and then repeat it again, so you know what's coming up. I likened it to a beefed-up Drill Max. If you got Athletic Step down, you will def be able to do this one in terms of getting the moves down.

I agree, this is def my favorite of the HIIT series (even though I love them all)! So much fun!!!

In fact, I would call the choreography non-existent -- it's just cardio drills. But just cardio drills rocks, don't get me wrong! I did this for the first time this morning and also loved it. When I first started I was wondering if I could really make it through, but it goes quickly and yes I did make it through. I loved that this had no step in it. I wish that two of the three hiits had been done without step instead of the other way around, but I also understand that having a step gives a lot more ways of creatively getting the heart rate up. Anyway, yes, this is a great one!

Oh I love the Hiits! Just when I feel like I don't want to excercise anymore (motivation) I managed to pop this one in and they really rev up the energy. They give you a great endorphine rush. They are hard - but so fast that the workout is over before you know it and you feel great!

I have the best case of DOMS today! Monday was 40/20+Butts and Guts standing leg/abs premix, Tuesday was Hiit Pyramid and Upper Body Pyramid. Felt every kick and punch on KPC today, in a healthy way. I can't wait to dust off my Slow and Heavy series and mesh them with the Hiit's. :p

In fact, I would call the choreography non-existent -- it's just cardio drills. But just cardio drills rocks, don't get me wrong! I did this for the first time this morning and also loved it. When I first started I was wondering if I could really make it through, but it goes quickly and yes I did make it through. I loved that this had no step in it. I wish that two of the three hiits had been done without step instead of the other way around, but I also understand that having a step gives a lot more ways of creatively getting the heart rate up. Anyway, yes, this is a great one!

I like cardio drills, too, pyramid was a lot of fun ;) As for the step, 30/30 is super easy to modify into using NO step! and still get a terrific workout--well, I did, honest. Now if 40/20 . . . .. Haven't tried that yet, maybe I'll use a 6" step??? :D

Coolio!! I didn't realise HiiT Pyramid was step-less. That will be a nice change. I was going to say a nice break, but it made me laugh too hard to think of ANY Cathe workout to be considered a "break".

I did Hiit Pyramid yesterday and I was out of air for a while when the break was only 20 sec it was nice to have a minute period rest, that helped a lot it was hard, but for 30 min we can do anything in 30 min!:eek: right?! I'm pretty surprise that my hamstring are tide, sore today but honestly that's good that's why I workout to get a good muscle burn :D:D

I agree that HiiT Pyramid was my favorite! I LOVED the fact that there was no step. I loved the moves, the time flew by, and I also loved the slow jazz-type music during the stretch at the end. Can't wait to do it again!!

I have the best case of DOMS today! Monday was 40/20+Butts and Guts standing leg/abs premix, Tuesday was Hiit Pyramid and Upper Body Pyramid. Felt every kick and punch on KPC today, in a healthy way. I can't wait to dust off my Slow and Heavy series and mesh them with the Hiit's. :p

I am just admiring your workout combo - I was dreading a leg day and this looks like a great combo of excercises and calorie burning. I haven't tried 40/20 yet so a little scared... Did you do the cardio or the B&G first? Thanks!

I did the cardio first. I don't think I could give it my all vise-versa. Today I'm going to try 30/30 and Leg and Glutes together.

I think Cathe picked out some great music for the HIIT series.

I almost always drive myself to the finish line if I have good motivating music.

I so love HIIT!

And all the other HIIT videos I have done to date.

I even love MMA Kixkbox and MMA Boxing.....

I have not done MMA Fusion yet, but from the preview it looks awesome too.

I did the Pyramid today and I likd it so much more than 30/30 for some reason... I havent done 40/20 yet, I'll leave it for last. Somehow the pyramid felt a little easier - but that could be because already 30/30, kickbox, circuit blast, step moves and MMA Fusion are under my belt! I have 4 workouts total left to do and they seem to be the hardest. But do I have any choice? No! So, I'm diligently working my way up to the more advanced level of CCC, Athletic step, Boxing and 40/20.

I like the Pyramid HIIT workout because you do not need any equipment.

It is harder than 30/30 but nowhere near 40/20.

Well, this is just my opinion~

I did HIIT - pyramid for the first time last night and LOVED it. I even did it without previewing - which is unusual for me. But I got home and didn't have much time so I just popped it in and did it. It was a lot of fun, the time flew by and at 30 minutes - you can't find an excuse not to do it.

I had messed up my STS rotation because I didn't do disk # 7 on Sunday - instead I did it on Monday. And then I decided I better double up and do Mondays rotation as well - so that is when I added in the HIIT - pyramid. And then this morning I did STS # 8 and am back on schedule! Yea.

I did HIIT - pyramid for the first time last night and LOVED it. I even did it without previewing - which is unusual for me. But I got home and didn't have much time so I just popped it in and did it. It was a lot of fun, the time flew by and at 30 minutes - you can't find an excuse not to do it.

I think that's what I love about the HiiT workouts - you really don't need to watch it beforehand or do it a few times to "get" it because it's more like a bootcamp drill set than something with heavier choreography like step, and it is fun, and a great sweat!

This is by far my favorite Hiit. I did Pyramid again last night, followed by Gym Style B/S/B, awesome combo! My DH had never seen the Gym Styles before and now wants to try them out. Maybe this will convince him to purchase the STS program (crossing fingers).:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.