SUPER CUTS IS SPECTACULAR!!!!

I just got over being sick for 10 days. I'm slowing making my way back into working out. I was hoping to do Supercuts and Hard Strikes sometime this week. Is Supercuts crazy hard? I don't want to wipe myself out but on the other hand, I only go to try Bi/Tri of Xtrain before I got sick.

I just got over being sick for 10 days. I'm slowing making my way back into working out. I was hoping to do Supercuts and Hard Strikes sometime this week. Is Supercuts crazy hard? I don't want to wipe myself out but on the other hand, I only go to try Bi/Tri of Xtrain before I got sick.

I think you'll e okay with Supercuts. It's Cathe so it's challenging, but it's not a killer IMHO.

Yesterday I did Supercuts, premix #6, and I thought it seemed pretty easy. I really enjoyed it, but thought it had nothing on Afterburn for intensity. Well today, I've had a change of opinion. My upper glute area is screaming today. I felt every kick on my kickbox workout this morning. I'm going to put Supercuts in a heavy rotation now. : )

Super Cuts is super AWESOME

After having done Super Cuts twice now, I will confirm that absolutely LOVE this workout! IMO the best low impact circuit workout Cathe has ever made. Unique, fun, challenging, non-repetitive, rockin' music :cool:. Just perfect :)

Thanks for this gem Cathe :)

Natasha

Agree. Just did this yesterday- total fun factor! And, surprised this a.m. That my hamstrings are sore. Must hv hit muscles differently to be sore w/ such light weights! Super cuts indeed! This whole Series is fantastic! Go Cathe & crew- thank you!!

How do I do this?

I would love to use the Workout Blender and create this super version of Supercuts you mentioned. I only have downloads, so how do I find the "Extreme" Premix you talked about?

Thanks,

Annie

I love Tabatacise. Yes, it repeats, but in the same fashion that the tabatas in CF and TTM repeat. She introduces 4 moves and you repeat them once, for a total of 8. It is definitely the most intense cardio in the entire Xtrain collection. It is high impact. You don't use the step for any of the tabatas but you use them for "recovery blasts"--not your standard recovery moves. It is a pretty awesome workout and one of my favorites. My heart rate was constantly in the anaerobic zone.

Supercuts, to me, is great because it takes what I love about the Afterburn and Cardio Supersets (as well as the metabolic weight training parts of CF and TTM) and, well, makes it even better. No exercise is repeated--unless it is an exercise that you do on both sides of the body, then obviously you do it again on the other side of the body. I will say that it isn't as intense as Afterburn--but it is intense. It has much more of a fun-factor (IMHO) than Afterburn and Cardio Supersets. I plan to increase the intensity when I do Supersets in the future by doing the extreme premixes and just increasing my weights. In fact, I think that might be what makes Supercuts seem less intense. Cathe uses heavier dumbbells in Afterburn plus Afterburn is a little longer. So doing the extreme premix with heavier dumbbells should do the trick, I think, but we will see when I try it! Either way, it is fun and I love it.

I have never used Cathe downloads before but I read a post from SNM where premixes are not included. But you might be able to recreate it in the workout blender. I found a post on another forum that lists each exercise. I don't think I can post the link so I'll just copy and paste. BTW it was on the VF forum. HTH!

Running Time 60:51

Warmup
Squat Press
Sumo Walk
Squat Press with Alt Leg Abduction
Lateral Curl n Press Squat with Firewalker Band
Functional Core Rotation with tubing
Squat Kick Squat Lunge Combo Right Leg
Long Lever Lateral Raise
Squat Kick Squat Lunge Combo Left Leg
Rear Delt Fly
Burpee/Two Sliding Jack Combo
Alternating Forward Leaning Dixie Cup Lunge
Standing Chest Fly
Row and Arrow right side
Alternating Sit Out
Row and Arrow Left side
Alternating Sit Out
Sprint Shoot right(jumping lunge)
Sprint Shoot left
Squat Press
Sumo Walk
Squat Press with Alt Leg Abduction
Lateral Curl n Press Squat with Firewalker Ban
Functional Core Rotation with tubing
Squat Kick Squat Lunge Combo Right Leg
Long Lever Lateral Raise
Squat Kick Squat Lunge Combo Left Leg
Rear Delt Fly
Burpee/Two Sliding Jack Combo
Alternating Forward Leaning Dixie Cup Lunge
Standing Chest Fly
Row and Arrow right side
Alternating Sit Out
Row and Arrow Left side
Alternating Sit Out
Sprint Shoot right(jumping lunge)
Sprint Shoot left
Functional Wood Chop Swing
Standing Windmill right
Standing Windmill left
Cross Back Lundges with disc
Single Leg Sliding Disc with Bicep Curl Right
Single Leg Sliding Disc with Bicep Curl Left
Single Leg Deadlift Right
Single Leg Deadlift Left
Tricep Extension with Tubing
Rear Delt/Back/Core Combo
Sit/up pushup Combo
C/D Stretch

XTrain premix chapters

All of our premixes can always be found in the Workout Manager. Just click on the Calendar icon>select date in calendar >then click on the "add workout" button > then select DVD > Then select Supersets > Then select the premix you're interested in an all of the chapters that comprise the premix will show.

I would love to use the Workout Blender and create this super version of Supercuts you mentioned. I only have downloads, so how do I find the "Extreme" Premix you talked about?

Thanks,

Annie

I see this question was already answered--which is good because I use the DVDs, not the downloads. However, I did want to comment on the extreme premix. I've done it twice now, once using the same weights Cathe uses and once using heavier weights; in addition, for comparisons sake, I did Afterburn in between. Doing the extreme premix, with heavier weights, definitely brings it to the same level as Afterburn--but, IMHO, much more fun and enjoyable than Afterburn (which btw is one of my favorites--I just adore the Xtrain workouts). When I use the same weights that Cathe does, it just doesn't give me the same intensity I get from Afterburn, even when I do the extreme premix. The heavier dumbbells definitely made a big difference. I found that to be true with All Out Low Impact HIIT, too--I did the extreme premix and used heavier weights and that finally kicked my butt! (which was what I am looking for in a workout titled "HIIT")

Help with super cuts

Anyones Help
I was just wondering if anyone thought it would be ok to do supercuts the day after doing a c/b/s work out from strain. I was thinking that the weight in supercuts is light so it would be ok after this one.
Thank you

I would think so because it is kind of like afterburn and I have seen that in rotations following heavy lifting.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.