Suggestions ?- Imax 2

RE: Sounds great!

Please, please use loud funky music with a driving beat!! Thanks for taking our input into consideration! Janet

I can't wait for this! I would like to see one of your background exercisers doing the modifications for each of the intensity blasts. I think it will encourage those of us who cannot go all out.

I was hoping for another regular step workout with your new series. "Intense Step Challenge", perhaps? I really enjoyed the choreography of Rhythmic Step; You are the Step Queen!

RE: Suggestions - The I-Max Strikes Back

Love the length - love it, love it.

Bar graph at bottom - I personally am kind of indifferent to that. When I was training into I-Max I it helped me NOT to know how much pain was ahead in the interval! JMHO

My favorite anaerobic blast moves:

Vertical jumps in place
Plyo jacks combined with vertical jumps (C-Max, Step/Intervals)
Plyo jacks pure and simple
POWER SCISSORS POWER SCISSORS POWER SCISSORS
(maybe combine power scissors with vertical jumps?)
Plyo heel digs (MIC, but slower step tempo would be awesome)
Power jump-kicks (Cardio Kicks drill section, first drill) (maybe combine these with plyo heel digs?)
Power hops with ice-breaker arms! (Man, I love that!)
Jumps onto step / side-to-side slalom jumps
Airborne jacks
High tuck jumps

My favorite aerobic segment moves:

Power 7's and Power 15's
Plunge-lunges
Step up with rear or side leg lifts
That cool thing you do in the Rhythmic Step warm-up where you alternate knee-lifts with knee/calf extension kicks

I could go on all day . . .

THANK YOU, CATHE!

Annette Q. Aquajock
Cathe Monogamist

Sounds AWESOME to me!! The bar graph countdown would be a great addition! I also like the idea of making the interval more mixed up with the addition of other moves. Anything to make it go by faster .. :)

~ Nicole

Sounds great Cathe!! Please keep the intensity level high!! I love the challenge and I love your tapes.

The bar graph might be okay, but I doubt if I would focus on it in the middle of an intensity blast - I kinda go into a trance!!

Cathe, sounds great! However, could you modify or just not do any power scissors! They kill me and I really cannot do them, arhggggg! :) I also agree that one of the crew should do all intervals in a low-impact fashion.

The 60 minute format, with lots of new wonderdul, upbeat, funky music will do it!

Thanks!

Blessings from Our Home to Yours, Runathon

I like the bar graph suggestion. I always like knowing how much time is left in those high intensity sections! the overall format seems great.

Take time to enjoy those who matter most to you & do all things in moderation :)

Having some of your background exercisers showing different ways to modify the high impact moves while still keeping the intensity high during the blasts segments would be great!

I personally don't like the graph bar idea. The tapes that I own with the graph I tend to avoid. I just don't like seeing a visual graph at the bottom of the screen.

Finally, after waiting for so long, my wish came true, Interval Max 2, thank you, thank you, thank you. I remember a while back suggesting to have a graph bar to show how much time we have for recovery, another of my wishes might come true, this day is getting better and better. Please make those intervals extra intense and have your background exercisers show modification.

Hi Cathe!

I'm in the category who can't take the impact punishment of Interval Max as I get older. That's not to say it isn't a great tape - I've enjoyed suffering through it many times in the past, and I'm happy for those who do have the joints to do it! If you feel that you can produce a tough-enough tape with some modifications, that would be great. If that's not part of your mission (which is entirely appropriate), I would suggest just giving your prospective buyers an idea of the level of impact that this tape will entail.

Having several different moves during the anaerobic period sounds really good to me - perhaps those who need to modify can choose only one that is doable.

Having the bar graph is not critical to me. Generally your nonstop encouragement throughout your tapes is all I need!

Cheers!
Colia

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-02 AT 11:00AM (Est)[/font][p]I agree completely with Jennifer.
Terry
P.S. Really loud music would be good too, please. :)

Please make the step aerobics new choreography and I like using the step for the anaerobic blasts. Most of all, for me, the interval recovery in IMAX 1 wasn't long enough. I had to use my remote to pause and keep letting my heartrate go down. Could you do 2 minute recovery and 1 minute blasts?

Thanks!

Gosh -- Everyone's excitement is making me feel like a wimp. I could never get myself through all of IMAX and ended up trading it away, but love your all step workouts. Maybe if the interval blasts were step-oriented to take out some of the impact that would help the feable and fearful like me? :)

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-02 AT 12:58PM (Est)[/font][p]I just did Imax again this morning! When you say the music makes you feel like you're on a tropical island - I felt like it too, with the heat and humidity here in New England!!!!

Imax 2 sounds great to me! A countdown of some sort would be helpful - either bar graph or digital numbers counting down, but other than that, bring on the intervals!!!!

This workout sounds great as is!! I'm neutral on the "timer bar" thing. It could be intimidating when it starts (yes 90 seconds of work really DOES seem like 90 years, whereas 90 seconds of recovery DOES seem like 9 nanoseconds!). If you decide to put it on the screen, I can always ignore it if it bothers me!

Leslie

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-02 AT 01:04PM (Est)[/font][p]BRING IT ON! I for one do not want the bar graph, but that is just me. I love the 2-4 movements idea during the anaerobic phase. Sounds great! And some favorite anaerobic moves:
Plyo heel digs are my favorite!
Ice Breakers (although this is kickbox-y)
Airborn jumps
Power 7's around the world
Power lunges (like in Step Works)
Power Scissors

I am so exicted!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.