STS with basic step

I really love doing basic step! I do the half hour program before the STS workout. Sometimes, I add STS abs or abs from basic step dvd then I do the extended stretch.

Days in-between I either rest, or do step with the add on's and extended stretch.

Will my body stop burning aerobic calories if I do step this much?

Hi ginad, I'm not sure I understand your question ... our bodies burn calories even at rest. However, if we do the same workout over & over, we will become more proficient at it & burn less calories as time goes on. Cathe usually recommends we "shock" our systems to keep it guessing, hence the first "S" in STS. Cathe did design a cardio system (Shock Cardio) to go along with the STS weight training program. It includes step workouts, kickbox (MMA), HiIT, etc . . It's always good to change things up. And more fun as the variety keeps boredom at bay and keeps us challenged! Have fun adding different cardio workouts to your rotation!

Finding something you enjoy that keeps you moving is the most important thing. It's the consistency that will help your body the most.

I love her Basic Step workout. It is also a great workout that if you wanted to shake things up, you could add add a chapter from one of Cathe's other cardio workouts...then go back and finish with the stretch.

Either way.. congrats on doing STS AND adding cardio to it. High five on doing the movement you enjoy!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.