STS Undulating Rotation

pharma_gal

Cathlete
Hi all:)

Few questions on the undulating rotation.
First, where can I find it? Second is it a 3-month rotation that includes all the STS DVD's or just a few. And finally what is the benefit of using an undulating rotation vs a traditional STS rotation?

I am in week 2 of Meso 3 and will be finishing it up this month. I was thinking of doing a second round but might try the undulating rotation. Thanks:)

R.

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I'm not totally clear on what an undulating rotation is, exactly.

I think it's where you do an M1, M2 and M3 work out each week instead of going thru discs in number order. This way you get endurance, hypertrophy and strength training all in the same week. IIRC anyway...

undulation versus STS gradual overload

Hi there,

The difference between undulation and the progressive overload STS is with undulation you get to mix up various workout working out, as it has been stated above, endurance, hypertrophy and strength within a period. With Sts overload program you work through a structured program gradually increasing the weight up to 85% rep max for 3 months.

Undulation create more confusion to the muscles and eventually resulting to more result. As cathe quoted in her rotation it's for seasoned exercisers

I'd not spotted the Oct'09 rotation before, either. It looks like just the sort of thing I'd like to have a go at.
The other thing I'd love to do is a rotation with all Cathe's strength workouts - ie mixing up STS, Gym Styles, Slow and Heavy, Muscle Max, STS Total Body, 4DS etc etc.
Anybody know of such a rotation?

I'd not spotted the Oct'09 rotation before, either. It looks like just the sort of thing I'd like to have a go at.
The other thing I'd love to do is a rotation with all Cathe's strength workouts - ie mixing up STS, Gym Styles, Slow and Heavy, Muscle Max, STS Total Body, 4DS etc etc.
Anybody know of such a rotation?

http://cathe.com/forum/f100/sept-2011-a-284651/

I love working out this way. I just recently made my own rotation following the pattern of Sept 2011

Week 1 Slow heavy
2 Total Body
3 LIS Trisets/metabolic
4 circuits

It really makes each dvd new. I was surprised at going up and down with my weights when changing it up like crazy.

Thank you Cafelattee -- I now want to try both the Sept '11 and your rotation. I think I've almost got the whole of 2014 mapped out. :eek:
I should really start to see some change.
Justine

Thank you Cafelattee -- I now want to try both the Sept '11 and your rotation. I think I've almost got the whole of 2014 mapped out. :eek:
I should really start to see some change.
Justine

I get bored easily :eek: so I only do undulated rotations I sadly can't stick to one program for 3 months.

My 3 month rotation with my cardio being a 2 hiit, 1 interval or metabolic. I may change up the order but plan to stick with the formula.

2 weeks slow heavy
2 weeks pyramid (doing the 2 day split twice)
2 weeks gym style
2 weeks high rep
2 weeks circuit
2 weeks metabolic/LIS tricets (doing the 2 day split twice)
2 weeks total body

Cruise time :D

I get bored easily :eek: so I only do undulated rotations I sadly can't stick to one program for 3 months.

My 3 month rotation with my cardio being a 2 hiit, 1 interval or metabolic. I may change up the order but plan to stick with the formula.

2 weeks slow heavy
2 weeks pyramid (doing the 2 day split twice)
2 weeks gym style
2 weeks high rep
2 weeks circuit
2 weeks metabolic/LIS tricets (doing the 2 day split twice)
2 weeks total body

Cruise time :D

That rotation looks like so much fun! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.