STS NEWS YEARS CHALLENGERS...WEEK OF JUNE 5!

kikster

Cathlete
Just getting us started for a new week ;) . Today is a cardio day, and I'm back on the horn w/Step Madness, lol. Today I'm gonna go low impact to get back into the groove of things (was I ever really in a groove when it came to step, lol, idk?? :confused: ).

A little intro/background on me for the ladies that have just joined ;) . You will notice that I very rarely mention doing an STS disc (w/the exception of and Extended Stretch here or there, or STS TB). So, in case you get concerned and wonder, what the heck is she doing here?! , I thought I'd explain. :eek: I just recently finished my second round of STS, and with the help and encouragement of the lovely ladies in this group, I stayed right on track w/my workouts and cardio (and w/Wendy(aka Ab Nazi)'s help, my waistline was even slimmer ;) ). I'm loving the results, and after a brief intermission of another rotation or two, I'll be starting back up w/STS again. The girls here have agreed to let me stick around, and I hope you'll do the same :D :eek: .

In the meantime, I'm just trying to get my endurance up and learn (yep you read that right, "LEARN" :rolleyes: ) how to step, lol, in prep for the Disney Road Trip in a few weeks.

Last edited:
Hi there everyone - hope you're all having a great Sunday!

Thanks for the background Kiki :) Sounds like you're doing great with your rotations - gotta love a slimmer waist! :) I know what you mean about learning step - I struggle with the dancier stuff (and some of the others that aren't dancy too - some days I swear I have no coordination:eek:) It would be a blast to go on the Road trip! Have fun!

I wasn't sure how sore I might be from the first STS yesterday - not too bad, feeling the muscles I worked, but not too bad - we'll see what tomorrow is like when I go for Disc 2:) I did Cardio mostly too today - I also did Ab Circuits, the no equipment one - ouch! I changed my mind from the original cardio I'd planned and did Imax 2:) I also did 20 minutes of Cathe's cardio quick fix that she'd posted for a little extra.

I found the cardio with STS rotation that Cathe had posted, so I am going to use that - but I intend to add some more varied cardio each week - I really want to make sure that I do enough cardio. I've been working out 6 days a week (with the off day doing a stretch or lighter yoga workout) for a while now, so I'm used to that part, not sure how my legs will be after the sts legs workouts - lol.

I "should" have the STS tower tomorrow per UPS tracking, we usually get deliveries late afternoon - I usually work out in the a.m. first thing to make sure nothing interferes, so tomorrow I guess I'll use a band to do the pull downs on Disc 2 - I played with setting it up - want to make sure I don't end up with a plastic band handle smacking me in the head:D Do you all use the Tower? Or do you have experience with the band instead?

Hope you all have fun plans for the rest of the weekend:) Take care,

Kris

Hello Ladies.

Neck is getting better but still not 100% so no M3 for me this weekend. :(

However, I DID work out this morning and it was still a goodie! KCM's Body Training w/o #1 which is no weights floor work that get upper/abs/lower body all in 30 mins. I really liked it. I followed that up with Intensity Step Only Premix. For both work outs I had to modify a few moves that tweaked my neck but overall it was a great work out! :D

As soon as I was done I had to shower up and head to my mom's. We took my son to a street fair in her town for the afternoon. By the time I got home it was time to get dinner started. I made a fabulous new recipe I found on the Cooking Light website called Honey Glazed Pork Tenderloin and Carrots. OMG so good! I also made corn on the cob and mashed potatoes to go with it. YUM! :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I am off to change into my jammies and plunk my butt in front of the tv with my daily 1/2 glass of red wine for a bit before bed....

TTFN!:cool:

Hello all. Well today is my rest day, but I am still checking up on you to see how you are doing. I am still going to walk my dog, but no heavy duty sweating going on here. Took my DH to the airport again :confused:, the stinkin' world traveler that he is, but he should be home Friday. I don't mind when he goes away for a week, it actually gives me break...but the two weeks I just hate.

I ordered my STS tower today! After driving my DH crazy of "should I do this, should I do that" about weight benches, squat racks, bench press thinga majigs...I ordered the tower off of Amazon and got firewalker bands, a new Ilaria workout and Pyramid Upper and Lower Body (the only Intensity I didn't have)... I am very excited about getting these. Also, DH was talking about getting a new bike (he rides to and from work EVERYDAY) so I am thinking I might be able to leverage my new puzzlemat flooring I am wanting:D.

kiki: I am rooting for you on your step work! Having said that, I know what it is like to have trouble with step... I have done step for almost 20 years and I thought I pretty much had it bagged(pride goeth before a fall)...until I got Amy Bento's Adv STep Challenge...uh oh...not so good, in fact...pathetic. So understand getting frustrated!:( However, I have found that if I just do what I can and continue on, somehow I tend to get it... though it might be the fourth time 'round.

Kris: I got an STS tower too!! I am so excited!!! I won't get mine for probably a week, but I am happy:). I used the tubing for the pull-ups, but I found them to be super UN-challenging. I didn't get bopped by the tube, just underwhelmed:confused::p So, I felt I was wasting my time with them and I figured out a way to use my treadmill to do modified pullups and they are hard and effective.

fit mommy: :( that your neck is not better. I love mashed potatoes!! oh yum...especially with good fattening gravy. I could make a meal of them!

Good Morning Ladies!

I was able to get in a quick w/o yesterday, decided on 4DS LIS, before DH declared that he was sick, and the rest of the day was spend catering, likewise. Ya'll know how they get ;) lol. It was no surprise since he ran himself (and all the rest of us, lol :p ) into the ground during that trip to Phx. Then as soon as we came home, he hit the ground running again. We were all crazy jet-lagged from being @ the airport at 4am to catch this crazy flight that he booked at the crack of dawn, because he wanted to "maximize" his day (by not getting home too late). Then, he went straight to work :confused: when we got home, was up til like midnight, and woke up at 6am to do it all again the next day. He even went to work yesterday morning (he never works on Sun) and ended up coming home after a few hours, EXHAUSTED, sore throat, body aches (the whole nine!) and passed out on the couch from like 2-10 :p . The man is CRAZY, I tell ya! :rolleyes:

Tracy: DH leaving, again! Geez, seems like he just got back, lol. I guess you're right about the week vs 2wks thing. It gives you just enough time throw in some extra workouts, and eat some good clean stuff that you might forgo when he's around, and by the time ya start to crazy miss him, he's back! ;) :D As crazy as I used to get when DH would travel, it's also when I would lose the most weight, lol. It was a combo of being able to eat clean w/o being tempted to indulge sitting around w/him, extra time for w/o's, and the motivation to have a little something extra going for me when he came back. It usually worked ;)

Kris: Woohoo! @ the tower coming! :eek: I'm sure as you start upping your weights, it will prove invaluable to not have to lift the weight off the floor for various workouts (even squats, deadlifts, and rows!) Speaking of rows, you may get more of a workout using barbells or dumbbells, and rowing vs the whole band pull down thing. I just really don't see that band exercise as being on par w/the STS program, especially as a sub for pull-ups :rolleyes: . But I suppose if you were to grab really high up on the band, and really flex your back muscles hard while pulling, it would be better than nothing :confused: . At least you won't have this problem next week ;)

Wendy: You are making me SO hungry w/all this talk of "glazed" foods. I love "glaze", lol. :eek: Guess, I better be content w/this cup of coffee, here. I'm glad your neck is on the mend and that you were still able to get a decent w/o in despite it. Does the humidity affect it at all? Maybe it's the mysterious "M3 effect" lol. Seems like something always happens right around M3, that slows us down on starting it...remember for me it was my back :confused: , and I was just reading in the STS thread about someone developing dry socket, and not being able to finish M3, and don't forget about our very own Sherry, who's daughter had the crazy soccer accident, halting her right at M3.... and for Autumn, it's this whole breastfeeding nonsense :rolleyes: (j/k Autumn :p )...pretty spooky, huh?

Morning.

Neck is doing alright but not 100% yet so I'm still not back to M3. Thinking I should be able to start it this weekend...

Today I did KCM's NYC Body Sculpting Cappuccino Mix which is all of the leg work. It's all body weight work with the exception of one exercise that uses light weights so it was perfect for me. I followed that up with the step combos and blasts from LIC and the non boxing cardio from KCM Circuit Burn x 2 plus CB's ab work. It took about an hour and it was a goodie! :)

Kris:: Hi. Nice to meet you! Sounds like you are off to a good start with STS! You are going to love the tower! (You too Tracy!!!) It's a fabulous piece of equipment for the price! I too add in extra cardio to STS. I am doing 4-5 days of cardio each week on average with it. When I tried it with the only 3 days as subscribed it soooo did NOT work for me! I need more! :eek:

Tracy:: I love potatoes made ANY way! :D It's funny my DH prefers REAL homemade mashed taters (like most people do) but my son actually likes the instant better! Go figure! Kids! LOL So last night I made instant. Easier for me anyway since I was dealing with making a new recipe.

Kiki:: Perhaps you are on to something! It does seem like lots of people end up delaying the start of M3 for various reasons! Maybe Cathe should just call a 2 week active recovery between M2 and 3 and see if that helps! LOL I have to say that your DH does sound crazy but better that then the way mine is...LAZY LAZY LAZY! :rolleyes: When it comes to work he's a trooper and does what he has to do ie- 16 hours days/6 or 7 days a week for a month straight, etc but at home when it comes to getting things done? HAH! Not even close! :mad: LOL re the "glazed" foods. My dinner last night was pretty healthy. A serving as written of the glazed pork and carrots was 7 WW points. I cut that in half in order to have room for the taters, corn and dessert since I like to keep my dinners to 10 pts or less but 7 pts for dinner is not bad and it wasn't high in fat either! YUM!

Last edited:
Good morning! This morning I did my STS disk 16 and GS Legs for 30 minutes. My legs have lost a bit of their definition simply because before STS I did legs at least twice a week and sometimes 3x. Anyway, feeling good, probably because I am so carbo-loaded from the weekend's eat-fest :(:eek::D that I had. But I am NOT going to weigh myself until maybe the end of the week, when I have been back on the wagon for awhile.

kiki: I know about husbands!! They can be so strong and capable, but then absolutely helpless when they don't feel good:rolleyes:. I hope he feels better! OH and BTW my son gave me some new GUN action: hold up your left hand shaped like a telescope to look through, kind of in front of your face, then ask: "What's this?" of course they will look at you like you're nuts (I would only do this with close personal workout friends or DH or kids etc..;):p) After they are done looking at you like you are nuts, you kind of lift your right shoulder up to your rt. ear and stretch out your arm straight out in front of you...then you put your left telescope hand on top of your bicep and look through the left hand which is still on your bicep while saying, "It's a scope for my GUN."

fit mommy: I tell my DH he is spoiled, because if I serve up instant (which I like...I don't care) he refuses to eat them.:confused: Of course, he is spoiled! But I do like instant pots. because they can be less caloric. Also, I am bidding on the KCM kickboxing on ebay...we'll see what happens!

Tracy:: The scope for my gun thing is a riot! :D I'll have to try that! ;) I like instant potatoes too but refused to eat them up until very recently because they aren't "clean". My diet is not squeaky clean by any means but I have avoided lots of foods I love for a long time in an effort to "clean up" my diet. Now that I am on WW I am loosening up on that a bit. I still eat healthy but am not as big a stickler on avoiding some of the unclean foods as long as they comfortably fall into my point range for the day and don't leave me hungry. It's very tough to eat clean and I lost no weight doing it so to heck with it I say! I'm going back to eating healthy on MY terms which means not depriving myself of things simply b/c they come out of a box. :p I figure, as with anything else, moderation is the key, right? :) I won't give up the clean foods I eat now either. I'm just leaving my options open for some of the "dirty" stuff that I wouldn't touch in the past! LOL...OMG! Now I need to go home and make perogies for dinner!!!!!:eek: YUM! :D

Last edited:
So instead of doing the STS pyramid down thing, I threw the January 2011 rotation into my calendar for after I finish my STS rotation. It fits perfectly between the end of STS (including a final recovery week after M3) and the start of my vacation with about a week to spare incase my schedule is a bit off and I need extra time to finish it. Now the quesiton is...WILL I ACTUALLY DO IT or will I change my mind? :p:D;):rolleyes:

Fitmommy: I hope you like the Jan '11 rotation. I would think it might be nice to take a little break from STS before starting again. That being said, I don't what I am going to do after I finish STS in July. I might take off August and then start again in Sept., but my DS is getting married 9/17 so....we'll see.

This afternoon, I decided to be brave and courageous and conquer my fear of Hiit. So I did Hiit 30/30 this afternoon, I didn't know it was the easiest of all of them, but I am glad I chose the easiest. I think I have all this energy (2 hours of workouts today... and I 'm still gonna walk the dog!) Because of my horse-like eating this weekend!

Hi there ladies!

I did Disc 2 this a.m - pretty sure I'll be "aware" of my triceps tomorrow:) Time really flew, I worked hard and really enjoyed the workout. I used the band for the pull ups. And yay, I got the Tower today :D - got it all put together (took me a little longer than the 5 minutes the box said, but it was pretty easy to assemble) I tried a couple of pull ups on it, that will be a much better workout than the band I had for sure.

Fit Mommy - I am doing ww too, I love that program, so flexible:) The glazed pork sounds delicious! And yum on the instant potatoes:) the KCM workout sounds great!

Tracy - way to go on HIIT! I love days when I have lots of energy, hoping for more of that! And yay on the tower coming too! Good for you too being resourceful and using the treadmill for yours after the bands didn't do enough:) And that scope of the gun thing is funny! I know what you mean too about DH being away - I do better with food and exercise when my DH works out of town too - though of course I miss him terribly;)

Kiki - Great job on doing LIS! Takes me awhile to get back into things when I have been on vacation, good for you for getting back to it:) Wow, your DH has a crazy busy schedule! I got tired just reading your post about his schedule post vacation - lol - I hope he feels better soon.

I understand that everyone is different in their strength - but was wondering what is a good range of dumbbells for the STS program in your opinion. I have 3s, 5s, 8s, 10s and 15s. I'm thinking down the line I will probably want heavier, 20s? (They aren't necessary now for sure:eek:) (I was thinking about 12s too, 5 lb between the 10s and 15s seems too much - some of the recommended weights per the 1RM is 11 or 13 and I'm trying to figure out which way to go - leaning toward up on most of them) What do you guys think?

Tomorrow I plan to do KPC - kickboxing workouts are my favorite cardio - I always feel tough after doing them :)

Kris: Way to go on disk 2! I am in the 2nd mesocycle and still loving it too!
As far as weights go, I started with basically what you have, except I also had 12's and a barbell (which can have various weight). What I added was 20's based on (I think) Kiki's and/or Wendy's advice. I am so glad I added the 20's because even though I couldn't use them right at first, there just came a point when I could and it was great to have them there. Also I do use my 12's. I also got Cathe's weighted gloves (I actually found them at a Big Five sporting goods store)...I only got the two's, I may end up getting the fours down the line, but two's are fine for me for now. I realize all this can be pricey, and we are definitely on a budget, but it was so worth it and I use them for sure. I hope this helps! (I am even thinking I may get 25's when I can swing it!)

Thanks for the heads up about the tower assembly...so excited to use it! I do miss DH and I pine for him and am lonely. But I eat so much better when he is gone, and I workout even more:D

You go, tough girl! :)

Good Morning!

So for yesterday's workout I ended up doing STS TB, and the Lo HIIT from Intensity (that Hiit is only like 12 minutes, but just gave me an extra little...something, lol :p ) I was planning on doing the STS extended stretch, too, but ended up just doing the stretches from those 2 workouts instead.

Today will be a step cardio of some sort (I wonder if "watching" Imax 3 will get my heart rate up enough :rolleyes: ) I always feel like I need to add something else to my step days since I spend most of the time staring at the screen, like :confused: . It does get pretty annoying having to workout w/the remote in your hand, lol. I figure since the blasts in Imax 3 are as long as the step routine, I'll at least have some cardio to look forward to, right?

Wendy: The Jan rotation sounds good! Cardio madness ;) . Seems like we start to crave cardio after a good STS rotation, huh? I can't believe you're almost done with the 5.5 month one, you rock! :D Pretty cool that your rotation ends just before your vacation begins, that's the same way mine worked out for me :) . I did the 3mo STS rotation, and plugged in the (extended 8 wk version) of the Get ready for Summer rotation, and it ends like the day before we head out to FL. The first month of it ended the day before Phx :cool: . Of course I tweaked things here and there on the calendar (using the generic idea of cardio, full body, cardio, legs, cardio, circuit - not the actual workouts), but it works all the same. ;)

Kris: 2 down, 10 to go! (for this meso at least, lol) M1 is gonna fly by, you just watch! Yay @ your tower arriving! (no more band pull-downs :rolleyes: , well I guess you could switch to them AFTER failing on pull-ups, but ya know what I mean ;) ) As for the weights, if you can swing it, I'd definitely get 12s AND 20s (don't worry, you WILL use them, eventually ;) ) Also, as Tracy mentioned, you can probably find the weighted gloves in odd places, you may wanna check before placing an order. I have most weights and didn't think I'd need them, but one day while shopping at Ross (idk if you have one where you are) I checked their little "sporting goods" section (it's kinda small, you blink and miss it type thing, but they typically have Cathe "Altus" brand stuff there, so I thought I'd look). They had some weighted gloves there (they weren't Cathe, but who cared they were like $2, lol), so I bought them. I didn't really think I'd have use for them, but by M3, I found them to be invaluable (when you are increasing your weight by 5% each week, every lb counts, and sometimes 5# is just too much :confused: )

Tracy: Your son is killing me w/the guns! LOL Speaking of which, how do the kids do when dad's away? Do they go bonkers (in turn, driving you bonkers, lol)? Or is it old news to them (I mean, you're there most of the time anyway, right? so it's not like "substitute teacher" syndrome, is it?) Anywho, that gives you what, 4 more days to kick your bootay into gear? Ya gotta knock 'em dead when he gets off that plane, girl, lol :eek: . AND way to go on the Hiit! The first time I did 30/30, I thought I was gonna puke! Actually, come to think of it, I always have, and still do (w/any Hiit - I used to mainly do it on the elliptical). I've always thought I just push myself too hard, but then I read somewhere, that that's how you know you're doing it right :confused: :rolleyes: :eek:

Hi everyone! I can't remember when I checked in last (oops), so here's a general rundown of my workouts so far this week. Sunday: HiiT 30/30 + Step Moves (no warmup) + Abs; Monday: Disc 18 (I skipped disc 17 but plan on coming back to it tomorrow); and Today: Cardio Core Circuit. CCC was a killer this morning, but I survived (barely). :p :)

Kris: Great job with Disc 2. If you like Meso 1, wait until you get to Meso 2! It just keeps getting better. I've also found the bands don't work well for me. I bought the medium tension and it is like air. Sadly I don't have the funds to buy the tower or another band so I just do as many reps as I can with the band I have and squeeze the fire out of my back. As for the dumbbells, I started with the exact same dumbbells as you. I quickly realized I needed 12s and I use them frequently. I also added 20s once I got to Meso 2. I really could have used 20s for leg work in Meso 1 (I don't have a barbell) but I have Cathe's weighted vest which helped me up my weight. I also got the 2 pound gloves which are very useful. I thought about buying the 4 pound gloves, but decided to get 2 pound wrist weights from Target instead. This allows me to up my weight by 3 pounds if needed. So, for example, if I need 21 pounds I use a 20# dumbbell + the 1# weighted gloves, if I need 22 pounds I use the same dumbbell + the 2# wrist wrists and if I need 23 pounds I use the dumbbell, weighted gloves AND wrist weights. So much I know! Personally, I found I progress kind of slow (1 MAYBE 2 pounds per week) so I really needed a system were I could gradually up my weights.

Tracy: Congrats on DS' pending nuptials! That's very exciting! HiiT 30/30 might be the "easiest" HiiT but it is still tough! I do think it gets easier the more I do it. HiiT pyramid is a lot of fun and HiiT 40/20 is just a killer. Be forewarned! :eek: Call me crazy but I actually think CCC is harder than HiiT 30/30. Those measured breaks in HiiT are amazingly delicious. ;) I'm sorry to hear DH is gone again but very glad it is only for a week this time. My DH drives me nuts on a regular basis but I miss him like crazy when he's gone. Can't live with them, can't live without them! Haha! :p That's great that you got the tower. Just wait - you're going to be lifting some crazy heavy weight in Meso 3.

Wendy: I've also got the Jan 11 and April 11 rotations flagged as potential rotations for after STS. Both have lots of cardio, which I think will be a nice change. Oh and YOU WILL do the Jan 11 rotation! :sternface: Okay, i'm not very good at being forceful (unless my temper is flared) but i'm still giving you a very stern "you will do the rotation" face as I write this. Haha! :p I'm very glad to hear your neck is getting better. You just keep taking extra good care of yourself. I'm going back to eating healthy on MY terms which means not depriving myself of things simply b/c they come out of a box. I LOVE this statement!!! I feel exactly the same way. I've been cleaning up my eating for the past few months (no more weekly hamburger helper :( ) but I haven't given up boxed foods completely. Sometimes I get sooo tired of people either saying "why are you such a health nut" (which i'm not) OR "I can't believe you're eating that, it's so unhealthy, it's got _____ in it" (are you the dictator of good v. bad food?). Grrrrrrrr

Kiki: How is DH feeling? Any better? It's amazing how a big, strong, masculine man can be reduced to a whimpering little baby when he's sick. Hehehehe! Men!! :p I do hope he is feeling better and you're such a good wife taking care of him. :) Great job working on that step still!! You're going to be a semi-pro by the time the Disney Road Trip arrives! :eek: When is that by the way? Isn't it coming up soon? Even though i'm not going I can't WAIT to hear about your experience (and Autumn's too)! You're going to have such a good time. You're still trying out for Cycle Max right?!?!?!

ETA: i'm here, i'm here! We must have posted about the same time. Great minds think alike right? :) Those step routines in Imax 3 are crazy tough. I LOVE Imax 3 (yes i'm a freak I know - haha) and i'm decent at step but I still struggle at times with Imax 3's step routines. You're right though, the blasts in Imax 3 are so crazy hard that even if you only do 1/2 of each step segment you'll be fine. I actually think of the step routines as my "breaks" (they are hard footwork wise but not so hard on the heart - which is definitely needed)!

Last edited:
Good Morning Ladies.

Good news--I've unofficially reached and surpassed my initial weight loss goal as of this morning! WOOT WOOT! ;):D

My work out this morning was Circuit Max. I modified the shoulder section to suit me due to my "cranky" neck situation but all in all it was just what I needed. :)

Tracy:: Yep-30/30 was a good choice for your first HiiT experience. DWP and 40/40 are :eek::eek::eek: so be prepared! Actually DWP isn't so bad for the FIRST pyramid cycle. It's the SECOND one that slays me! 40/40 is just mad hard from start to finish though! :eek:

Kiki:: I avoided IMAX3 for a long time, not because it's so tough but because the choreo is kinda tricky IMO and it's hard to concentrate on choreo when you can't breathe!:p I have been thinking about STS TB alot lately. I love that work out! I may have to find a day to sneak it in somewhere soon! ;)

Katie:: Thanks for the kick in the pants regarding the Jan 11 rotation. Please do it again once M3 is complete! ;) Food is where I struggle for sure. I can work out all day long but eating right is the tough part and the most important part too! Figures, right? *sigh* :rolleyes: Holy cardio batman! Nice job! HiiT and a step w/o after it? You rock and then you go and do CCC 2 days later! :eek:

Kris:: Yes, the initial set up of the tower took me a while as well but once it's up, it's ez to break down for storage if need be. I love my tower! :) Good job with your work out this morning! Keep it up! WW is phenominal! It encourages a healthier diet yet allows for flexibility when you want/need it. It's awesome and so easy! I may NEVER cancel my membership! :D

IMAX 3, done. And it only took me 1.5 hours to finish it :rolleyes: . Seriously. 90min to do a 60 min w/o. Couldn't even do the other stuff I'd planned :( . I need to use an iPod strap for the remote, & just attach that sucker to me :p . I swear the most cardio I get is runnin for the pause/rewind button....

On the bright side, because I actually took time to stop and pay close attention to the steps, I felt pretty comfortable tackling them (I mean they are repeated 6x's :eek: ). Actually, I just broke that bad boy outta the plastic (ya'll know me and my "cellophane prison" :p ), so I think I'll be more confident when I try it again (yep, I'm all talk NOW THAT IT'S OVER!) :D

Wendy: I was avoiding it too, but decided if I ever needed to jump outta my low impact step comfort zone, the time would be now ;)

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies :)

Wendy: CONGRATS on reaching your goal weight!!! *happy dance x 20* :) That's fantastic news!!!!!! You should be very proud of yourself. Now go celebrate with a cupcake, err I mean cardio. :D I have been uping the cardio lately because I am going to the beach on vacation in 2 1/2 weeks. Despite all my work I can not get rid of my jelly belly and ghetto bootie (though according to DH my legs are lookin good :rolleyes:). I know it's because of my chocolate obsession. :eek: I'm working on that.

On that note, I found an amazing gazpacho recipe I thought i'd share with everyone: Gazpacho I'm not a huge gazpacho fan, but this one is pretty dang good (I did modify the recipe slightly). Plus i'm (i) sneaking in extra veggies, and (ii) enjoying a delish cold lunch to combat the 90 degree weather we're having right now. According to sparkspeople recipe caculator, TWO cups of the soup = 100 calories. That's a lot of soup! I paired the soup with 2 oz of low sodium turkey breast and a 1/2 cup of grapes for a nice well-rounded lunch. Now if only I could eat this well all the time.

Kiki: Great job with Imax 3!! Considering your, um, missing "step" bone I think learning the routine in 90 minutes is pretty dang good! It usually takes me that long to learn a new routine because, like you, I tend to stop, watch, and then execute (or attempt to at least). Another DVD saved from Kiki's cellophane prison! Victory!!! :p ;)

Kiki:: Hey, if you really want to learn complicated choreo I have realized that what you did by taking the extra time is EXACTLY what you NEED to do in order to be successful! No worries! You did good! :D

Katie:: Thanks re the weight loss. I'm so happy! :D Back away from the chocolate right this minute young lady! DROP IT I say! :mad: (that's MY stern face! ;)) Yay for sexy legs! That's awesome! You should wear more skirts now and show off whatcha' got! :) Your lunch sounded yummy! Thanks for the recipe (and the website to look for more!:D)! My lunch today was 2 oz of tuna with l/f mayo on weight watchers multi grain bread, a pickle, a serving of Nature's Promise tortilla chips with sweet salsa and one of the juiciest peaches I've ever eaten! YUM! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.