STS LEGS--HELP!!!!!!

stephaniejoy

I am having a VERY VERY VERY difficult time making it more than halfway through the STS Legs workout routines. I am only in the first month, week two of the STS program!!!! I am making it half way, maybe a little farther then that and then I am totally wiped out and sweating BUCKETS. My leg strength is HORRIBLE!!!! I just can't seem to get through the entire workout. My legs are so weak and the workout takes so much out of me.

I've been reading about the PLYO Legs. At what point does that come in??? It seems like from what I've read from others, that the PLYO legs is tough too!!!

Any advice or tips on how I can get through this easier?!?!?!?! I don't know what to do. Should I push myself to finish the entire workout or stop when I feel like I can NO WAY do another exericse?

Stephanie

Did you do your 1RM testing? It sounds like you may be going too heavy and are wearing yourself out early. The workouts were very hard for me, but I was able to make it through them (with much soreness for the next few days!), but I found that my weight recommendations based on my 1RM were pretty much correct.

Plyo Legs isn't introduced until Meso 3.

Yeah, you might want to lower the weights a bit. I know some of my 1RM recommendations were a little on the high side, and I ended up adjusting them.

I sweat a ton doing leg workouts though, so you aren't alone there. I dread leg day. :D

Plyo Legs are in Meso 3. I enjoyed these workouts quite a bit. Like the others said, maybe your weights are too heavy. Try dropping them by a few pounds and see if it makes a difference. The 1RM testing really helps you pick the right weights in most cases, but you should adjust based on how you feel.

When you get to where you feel you can't go on, drop the weights completely and finish the program using no weights. It's still a challenge but you will get the feeling of accomplishment for finishing the workout which will pump you up the next time you get to a leg routine.

Leg workouts are tough for me too. Good luck.

Tracy

yes!!!! I get sick to my stomach and can only do half the work out!!!! I tried dropping the weights half way through today but I would have just made myself sicker, so i quit. I am totally wiped and will probably be for the rest of the day:confused:

I will finish the workout tomorrow with less weight. My leggs are much weaker than I thought.

thanks for the suggestion!!!

I had the sick-to-the-stomach thing in meso 1, too. I found that, while my 1RM and the weight given for the number of reps were technically right, I was not able to do them with the elevated heart rate of an endurance workout. I lowered a lot of my weights for meso 1 and ended up raising them a bunch for meso 2.

If you want to do the entire leg workout, I would not use any weight except your body weight for a couple of weeks and see how your leg muscles feel. You could also split the leg workouts in half and work your legs twice a week. It may be that your leg strength lags behind your upper body strength and it will take a while to catch up. Splitting the workouts in half will allow you to do that.

Meso 1 legs kills me. I'm very VERY strong, like easily squatting 130lbs for 10 reps. But I have no endurance. None. I can't do meso1 with the weight the guide says I should. No way. Not without dying.

So I have to cut weight way below to be able to finish the workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.