STS Legs but want leaner not bigger legs

bamajja

I have just started STS and love it. I have larger legs than my upper body and notice that my legs just after week 2 are getting bigger. (Pear shaped withe large "booty" :)) I would like to know what you suggest to make sure my legs lean out rather than get larger but at the same time get the strength gains that STS will bring. I have read that Plyo legs is in Meso 3 and that is good for larger legs. Would it be ok to substitute it throughout STS? Thank you so much for your input.

Hi Jan! So glad you are enjoying STS. Try doing the Meso One and Meso Two workouts with lighter weights. Not too light, just lighter. I also wouldn't do more than one Plyo Leg workout per week. It is designed to develop power strength through explosive jumping. That activates the fast twitch fiber which can enhance size. This is not always the case but if one is prone to legs developing muscle quickly, this workout will enhance that possibility more than others. But once a week to 10 days will be fine and be a nice shock to your regular leg program. Have fun!

so plyometrics make legs larger? I thought it was the opposite. I gain muscle easliy in my legs also and do the Hiit workouts (plyometrics) along with sts and thought they would lean out my legs. should i back off the Hiit workouts? i really want to lean my legs out ( i use light to no weight during my leg workouts), but like Hiit/plyo type work?

so plyometrics make legs larger? I thought it was the opposite. I gain muscle easliy in my legs also and do the Hiit workouts (plyometrics) along with sts and thought they would lean out my legs. should i back off the Hiit workouts? i really want to lean my legs out ( i use light to no weight during my leg workouts), but like Hiit/plyo type work?

not cathe but i would still enjoy some HIIT maybe once a week. maybe have it part of your leg workout. i find pylometrics incredible for strength.

kassia

Hi Jan! So glad you are enjoying STS. Try doing the Meso One and Meso Two workouts with lighter weights. Not too light, just lighter. I also wouldn't do more than one Plyo Leg workout per week. It is designed to develop power strength through explosive jumping. That activates the fast twitch fiber which can enhance size. This is not always the case but if one is prone to legs developing muscle quickly, this workout will enhance that possibility more than others. But once a week to 10 days will be fine and be a nice shock to your regular leg program. Have fun!

Thank you for the post and the reply. This helps me very much! I haven't been going as heavy on legs in Meso's 1&2 because I didn't want to develop size--and because I don't have weights heavy enough for some of the exercises. I was hoping I was still benefitting, as I am still "feeling" it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.