STS Fit Chicks! - Mon, 2/2

Judi - I have to admit that I'm not particularly thrilled with the packaging. :( It looked really cute all wrapped up in the plastic wrap, but as soon as I unwrapped everything and felt the paper/cardboard cover on the little "books", I knew it wasn't going to last long. One was already dog eared and the other had a nice crease/bend through the front of the cover page. When they sit upright, they kind of sit "open" too. I think I'm going to go and get one of those cases that holds 40+ DVD's and move everything over.

I'm thinking of getting something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Discgear-Sele..._ob_e_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1233605273&sr=1-147

Last edited:
I don't care for the packaging either. I'm afraid I'll break a dvd trying to pry them out. I bought a new case.
It's a pretty polka dot case
304MULTIDOT3D.jpg

Hi, my name is Ashley. I am originally from the Midwest but currently reside in Texas (not by choice) :=)

I’ve been married to my husband for a little over two years but we’ve been together for about 8. No kids yet, but trying! I work full-time in marketing and go to school part-time.

This will be my first check-in/challenge. I’m also very new to the forums and absolutely love the atmosphere and the camaraderie here. It’s nice having people who have the same interests as you.

I’ve had several of Cathe’s DVD’s for over a year and never really dug into them because I was afraid they were too difficult. Several months ago I told my self to stop complaining and get to it. Now, I can’t get enough of her!

My STS program doesn’t arrive until today and I won’t start until the 16th, but I plan on checking in here for tips, advice and to see how everyone is progressing.

Good luck everyone!

Ashley :=)

Judi - I have to admit that I'm not particularly thrilled with the packaging. :( It looked really cute all wrapped up in the plastic wrap, but as soon as I unwrapped everything and felt the paper/cardboard cover on the little "books", I knew it wasn't going to last long. One was already dog eared and the other had a nice crease/bend through the front of the cover page. When they sit upright, they kind of sit "open" too. I think I'm going to go and get one of those cases that holds 40+ DVD's and move everything over.

I'm thinking of getting something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Discgear-Sele..._ob_e_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1233605273&sr=1-147

I LOVE this case! I think I may have to order one too.

Hey Chickies! It is Melissa from Utah aka Squidlet. My STS is coming on Wednesday. I am married with furry babies and my ambition in life is to enjoy the short time I'm here. :) I have been on and off the boards since last year due to family issues but I lurk...:) I am so looking forward to STS because my DH and I will be doing it TOGETHER. I am so excited. He has been working out with me since November and it has been wonderful! :)

That is CUTE Cynthia! Where did you get that?

eBay.

Someone on the VF forum said the wallet cases can cause light surface scratches to the dvds:(

I think I should get the disc gear. I want my STS to stay nice and new looking.

Melissa - HI GIRL!!!! That is so cool that your DH has been working out with you. I'm trying to get mine to do STS with me, but we'll see how that goes!

Welcome Ashley! Definitely check in with us in the meantime. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'll need the moral support! I've never been able to stick with a set rotation, so this will be a challenge.

I'm heading home now to cook dinner, but wanted to say hi really quick to Barbara, Dela, Tracy, Kelly, Elena, Robin, Nan, Kathy, Therese, Colleen, "Looking Good", and of course Beth, JJ (aka - my twin), and Cynthia! I can tell personals are going to be fun!!! :eek:

Hey girls ..

I just received my STS .. and I am sooooo excited. Will be starting this week ... hope you dont mind if I check in w/you gals!!!

I have been married 22 years .. 2 HUGE spoiled babies (Buster and Toots) in the house and 2 smaller babies outside (Jake and Sally) .. no kids .. they ARE my kids.. but I do have a nephew that I love to spoil rotten!! LOL :D I live in southern part of Alabama .. work at a large utility company in collections and teach a fitness class after work at the local gym!!!

I may not follow STS to the letter .. will have to do some "arranging" w/my work schedule and my fitness classes .. but I will come up w/something!!!! I will admit I have exercise ADD really bad .. but I am looking forward to trying to stick to an STS rotation!! ;)

Darling Liann! How are U?!!?! You are just the cutest! You are my hero dear one! :) Oh, as for personals...I am way worse than ANYONE! :) That doesn't mean I can't love, right? Later!

Melissa - HI GIRL!!!! That is so cool that your DH has been working out with you. I'm trying to get mine to do STS with me, but we'll see how that goes!

Hi everyone! My name is Brenda, I live in southeastern Indiana in a small river town. I work 3 days a week at a hospital doing radiation therapyand run a tourist house located next to the vasino located in our town. I currently teach 5 group fitness classes a week (step, heavy weights, yoga, silver sneakers, kickboxing) My husband and I have 3 children and 3 grandchildren. I plan on starting STS tomorrow and doing a Tues/ Thurs/ Sat schedule for the DVDs and work my cardio by doing my aerobic classes and using Cathe's suggestions for cardio.
I just received STS today... in spite of my specific instructions to my husband (a UPS driver, but he doesn't deliver in our town) to make sure the package gets delivered to our house, he decided to bring it home tonight after work, which will be around 9PM!!! So after my cardio+heavy weights class tonight I will be up late previewing as much as I can before going to bed. Since I leave my house at 5:50AM to go to my hospital job, STS will be a late afternoon workout- I will check in tomorrow night to share my joy and pain!!
Brena

Hi all! I am Phyllis from NJ. I started STS this AM. Thank goodness it wasn't triceps to start because I am still sore from doing my 1rm testing on Sat! Those pushups drove me al l little crazy. I did most of the on my knees.Did anyone else think that the pace was a little fast? I'm glad I was prepared with the weights or else I would have spent too much time deciding which ones to use. I hope I can stick to this. I relly want to see results. I have been plateaued for quite a while now.

Let's see, personal stuff. DH and i have been married 22 years and have 3 lovely kids(19,17 and 15), 1 dog, 2 cats and a 75 gal aquarium.I live in south jersey only a stone's throw from Cathe(about 45 min) I try to get to her gym with the tristaters. We always have a blast! :)

I did disc 1 and yoga abs today. Did pretty much as prescribed for disc 1, except I did most of the pushups (except the 1st set of 8) on my knees. My right wrist has been bugging me when its flexed all the way back, and being on my knees seems to take some of the pressure off my wrist. Even so, I wasn't able to complete the full set of pushups on any of them, except the 1st 8. I also had to drop 4 lbs for the last 7 reps in the barbell wide grip 21s at the end. Otherwise, that bar wasn't going anywhere! I enjoyed yoga abs, even though I normally don't like abs or yoga. The levitation holds I still can't do - all that CoreMax and I still can't levitate. Also, I only did 2 of the 3 in the plank series at the end, as my wrist wasn't having it. But all in all, very good workout, my numbers were mostly right on. Looking forward to disc 2

Nan

Hi STS fit chicks!

It's a cardio day for me, my STS will be Tue/Thur/Sat. I pulled out a classic today....Step Reebok....It was fun, I also did 2 miles on the treadmill.

Tuesday morning 4:15am, STS disk 1....wish me luck!

I live in the Baltimore/Washington area, 47 years young, divorced lady with 2 purring fur babies.....this is my first check in, welcome and good luck to everyone :D

hi all! liann, thanks for starting this check-in ! i know i will have many sts-related questions.

i tried to get on the forums yesterday from my phone at work, but it wouldn't let me reply. so, i am a day late and a dollar short. ;) i have an early meeting today followed by a four hour meeting two hours after, so my apologies, but i have not read any posts above (did see a SUPER CUTE cd case!) and will do so tonight when i get home. i have got to get moving on my w/o or it's not gonna happen!

i started sts yesterday after an illness in which i was unable to do any lifting for about two weeks. so...instead of computing my 1RM, i just went with what felt difficult but doable. i do understand that it will be much easier to do my 1rm, rather than try to figure out what weight i'm going to use every time.

i have to say...i really liked it. i did meso 1, chest, shoulders, biceps. i have to admit that i would rather do a thousand bench presses than push-ups and there were a ton of pushups (30 in a row...and tons of others), but i need to be doing those more. i thought the production was great and i really liked the bottom ticker telliong you what is planned next.

i am HORRIBLE at rotations, but i am REALLY going to make a concerted effort to follow the plan (especially since it's only three days/week and the workouts are short). today is a cardio day, so that's nice. also, while i AM sore, i am not dying. i think i am going to like sts and the idea of having a predetemined routine appeals to me. i just have to actually follow it!.

thanks for letting me know about this check-in, liann! have a great day, everyone!

Hi everyone. I finished Day 1 about an hour ago. What a great workout!! Am I the only one that is having a hard time getting set up for the next exercise in the allotted time? I have a weight rack close by and my workout card on a clipboard but it seems like I was pausing the DVD a lot to get set up. I guess I have to hop to it and get working on my reflex time.
I love the order of the exercises. Toward the end of the workout I was struggling to get those last few reps in.... what a wonderful feeling. Now I have to find my Ibuprofen and take a prophylactic dose to try and head off the inevitable DOMS....
Brenda in Indiana

Hello!

I am so excited to start STS!! I just received STS last night. I am currently finishing up weights from one of FitnessFreak's rotations. I plan to start STS in the next few days (after my DOMS wear off from my weights today). DH says he wants to do STS with me, but I am not sure he will stick to it.
I live in Northwest Arkansas. I dated DH for 10 years before we got married. We have been married for 1 1/2 years and have a 5-month old baby. Sticking to a long roatation may be a little more challenging now!! I also have 1 dog (a german shepherd mix) and 1 cat.
After reading through everyone's posts, I am dreading those push-ups on disc one!!! I can't wait to get started!!

Just starting

Hello! My name is Lynn, I'm married to an absolutely wonderful man, Tom (18 yrs),and home school 4 very fun boys, Garth (17), Ben (16), Ty (13),and Lee (6). We live on a small farm in Cohocton, NY with A Jersey, ckns, ducks, rabbits, 3 large dogs, and 7 cats. We will be getting our sheep and hogs again this spring.....(took a subatical). I received my STS yesterday but had already rowed in the morning and started painting the kitchen, so I'll start today. I was very excited looking over the user's guide, not because I think it will be terribly fun, but for all the potential!:) The pushups, I think, will be the hardest for me to get through. I am excited to see how far I come by the end of the first rotation.
I may not add too much to the forums in the form of writing, but I do love to read them! God bless and enjoy!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.