STS Fit Chicks! - Mon, 2/2

Liann

Cathlete
As promised, here's our first check-in!!! :) I'll be starting officially tomorrow, but figured I'd get this ball rolling.

Short intro - Liann from Southcentral, PA, mother of 3 wiener dogs, 3 guinea pigs and an assortment of other creepy crawlies. Married to DH for 7 years and working as an Executive Assistant.

Fun little facts about me - was a competitive figure skater, soccer goalie in college, coached HS Volleyball and currently learning to play the guitar. ;)

NEXT...

Ok, changed my mind, I'm starting tonight!!!

Last edited:
Hi Liann and everyone else!

My name is Colleen and I am from Maryland just outside of Washington, DC. I have been married to DH for 6 1/2 years and I am a Program Manager for a government contractor.

I started STS this morning and I was surprised that it was a little easier than expected. I am used to working a muscle group completely before moving on but this morning we moved back and forth between the muscle groups. I really hate push-ups so I couldn't wait until the last one was done. What type of cardio is everyone going to do with STS?

Hey Chickies!

I'm Judi (aka JJ), from Minnesota, married 26 years, DS (21), DD (17), Furbaby (3), ex figure skater like Liann;), not working right now but enjoy volunteering.

My STS has been sitting in the Mpls UPS center since 1:00AM Saturday. Oh why couldn't they just have delivered it that afternoon! I'm scheduled to get it today but my UPS guy usually doesn't come around until after 5.

I haven't decided whether to start tomorrow or wait until next Monday.

Judi

Hope you get it soon Judi!!!

Hi Colleen! I was raised in Millersville (just south of Baltimore) and have worked in Columbia, Laurel, & Annapolis. Just moved up here about 5 years ago. I have a sister who lives just south of DC.

Hi everyone!!

I'm Beth. I am currently looking for a teaching job after being home with my three children for the last 9 years. I have two boys and one girl, ages 9, 8, and 7. I'm from western NY and I am sick of snow.:p

I started STS this morning. I did 10 minutes of HIIT intervals on the treadmill after I was done just because I am a cardio nut. I am going to try to follow the rotation Cathe posted using the running suggestions. I plan on doing the ab workout tonight and the extended stretch as I ran out of time this morning.

Liann-LOL about you not being able to wait until tomorrow to start

Colleen-I'm with you on the push-ups!!!!

Judi-I hope the UPS guy shows up tonight!

Hey Ladies,

I had started another STS this morning but will jump on this one :D!

Therese live in NY married 18 years 2 kids DD - 13 and DS -9. I'm in sales in the lighting industry. (but have off this week for vacation! could not have planned the timing for STS any better)

Started STS yesterday and ohhhhhhhhh my god....so many pushups...have to say these are not my favorite but I have a feeling they will grow on me as STS goes on because I will not have a choice :confused:
Cardio today was Rhymthic Step

I am going to take my measurement today to see how I progress over the cycles. I will take pictures along the way. My goal is to loss some weight also

Current weight 134
Goal 120

Hi everyone,
I’m Kathy, a 45 year old mother of three (soon to be grandmother of one). I live in NJ, about an hour from Cathe’s gym. I do quality assurance for a government contractor. Right now, I’m training for a 50k race on April 18th (which I’m really looking forward to!) I plan to incorporate STS in my training plan.

I’m starting STS this week and doing the 5 month rotation (eight weeks of meso 1, eight weeks of meso 2, and four weeks of meso 4). I also want to incorporate meso 3 plyo legs every week so my week will look something like this for the next eight weeks:

STS Meso 3 Ply legs + short run
STS Meso 1 Disc 1
Longer Tempo or Interval run
STS Meso 1 Disc 2 – short run
STS Meso 1 Disc 3
Rest
Long run

I tried out Meso 3 Plyo Legs – Disc 26 and LOVED it! The pace is perfect and the plyo moves are super fun. I think this is going to be one of the more enjoyable workouts for me. I also ran a quick 2 miles on the treadmill.

Kathy G

Hi everyone!!

I'm Cynthia, I'm a homemaker and mom to two boys, two boxers. Michael 25, Damien 20, Mercedes & Maximus. I married my HS sweetheart 27 years ago and he is also my best friend. :) .
We live in Missouri, outside of St. Louis, on a few acres of land. I'm a city girl stuck living in the country, dreaming of one day retiring to Florida beaches:D

I just finished Disc 1. I have to confess, I did not do my 1rm testing. I decided it would make me crazy.
I didn't have any problems finding a challenging weight. I failed on most of the exercises between 12-15. I failed on some of the push-ups too. The flow of the exercises allow enough recovery to work each set to it's fullest potential. I really like that.
I can't count how many times I said, "Oh God!"
This workout is all that I hoped it would be! LOVE the soundtrack!!

Hi! I'm Nan. Mom of DS7 (soon to be 8) and wife of DH (almost 10 yrs). I'm a medical bill collector. Also mom to 1 kitty cat and 1 dogger.

I will be starting my STS journey tonight, and will be adding in the 1st abs routine, which I think is the pilates. I will be finishing about a wk after my 31st bday. I plan on being extra MILF-y by then. I'm back on track with the eating, the workouts never really left. I did my weigh in and measurements yesterday - eek!!! I'm hoping to drop about 20lbs, and I know if I can do the eating, I can do it. I plan on weighing in every Sun and will measure before the start of each Meso. I think I will be doing an IMAX, a CC, and a stready step or kickbox for my 3 cardio days. When the weather starts to cooperate I will move to an outdoor run for 1 day. Sundays I may do another cardio depending how I feel, or may do the couch potato. As it stands STS M/W/F cardio T/Th/Sat

Nan

Hi I'm Robin...SAHM of 2 (boy 12 and girl is 14) I've been doing Cathe for over a year. My goal it to drop a few pounds and also flatten out my belly.

I can't believe that I have the STS in my hands and is doing the first workout.:eek:

Today I did disc1 and I hated all the pushup but did most ;) of them on my knees. My 1RM for shoulder were way to heavy so I had to go down in weight for those selections but the bi and chest were good and challenging. I loved the extended stretch.

I wonder if I change the weight selection on workout card would that change my 1rm for shoulders. I hope so. I can't see doing more 1rm test for shoulders. NoWay

I'm going to try it and see.BRB

Hey ladies. I tried but no changing the weights and/or reps on the workout card does not change the 1rm results. I guess I will just make a mental note to go lighter with the shoulder work next week.

Or I can spend a few hours going through all of the 1rm test for shoulders:(

Hi everyone!

I've never been very good at check-ins, but I figure I'm on here soooo much, I'll give it another try!

I live in NJ, with my DH of 9 years and my two fur babies as seen in my avatar.

I started on Sunday with Disc #1 and did both Medicine ball abs sections, and am just in love with all of it. I am so excited about continuing with the rotation, and I really want to do disc #2 today, but I know I need to alternate days, so I'll do my cardio like I'm supposed to :p.

I weighed and measured to track progress that way, and just remembered right now that I have one of those body fat hand held things, so even though I don't trust that thing all that much, I'll take that measurement too.

I joined up on WW online yesterday too, my biggest road block is that I just eat too much, and I don't want to "waste" STS by eating too much and not seeing the results.

Looking forward to reading all of your posts and experiences! :D

Hi All

Hi everyone Im Elena and I live in Boston. I am so excited to do STS. I started today and I must confess, disc 1 was not as hard as I had expected either. I did do the 1rms, and the exercises were tough, but I think since we only did 1 set of each exercise I never really felt the "burn"...who know tomorrow i may not be able to lift my arms, well see...I plan on doing a 45-50 min HIIT on the treadmill tomorrow.
good luck to all!

I don't have crazy DOMS today from Disc 1 yesterday, but my whole upper body has a "good" soreness, and my abs are feeling it too from the Medicine ball workouts.

Hi ladies! I'm supposed to get my STS today and plan to start next week so that the recovery week falls during our ski mini-vacation.

Somethings about me: 44 yrs old from Colorado. Married 23 yrs, 2 sons (17, 19), 2 fur babies (cat15, dog(Sheltie)12). I consider homemaker my primary occupation with a part time hobby job as an admin asst for a nutritionist. I'm looking to lean out a bit (5 lbs) and build!

Good afternoon ladies!!

My info: My name is Kelly. 33yo from Iowa. I've been with my DF for 12 yrs. We have 3 Great Danes, 1 Lab mix (who thinks he's a Great Dane) and too many cats to mention. I'm a tax accountant so I'm in the midst of busy season.

STS is "out for delivery" for me!! I am going to start tonight! I'm planning on doing a six month rotation. I am going out of order for the first week because I procrastinated on my 1RM and didn't start them until Saturday :eek:. I still have major DOMS in my chest and biceps so I am going to start with Disc 2 and then do Disc 1 on Wednesday.

I will be weighing in tonight, taking measurements and taking pictures. YIKES!!!

What is everyone doing to do for their cardio? I'm thinking 4DS KB/BC combo tomorrow and maybe Low Max or the treadmill on Thursday. Or maybe I will follow Cathe's recommendations. I'm still undecided about this piece.

Hi everyone!!!
I am also not great with check in's but will give it another shot
My name is Tracy I am 35, a teacher and live in clearwater FL
I have been married to DH for 4 1/2 years and we have a sweet son named Tyler who will turn 2 in march. I am planning on starting STS tonight did most of my 1RM's. I am afraid of all the pushups I hate them!!!!! I am really looking forward to STS. I gained A LOT of weight with Tyler and I have lost 35 pounds the rest won't budge
Great to meet everyone!!

A couple people asked about cardio, for me, most of my cardio will be at my CKO kickbox class, and when I need to stay home, I have a variety of kickbox dvds, KPC being the best of course, I just bought KickMax too, so I'll have to try that out soon.

I'm not a fan of step at all, and don't have (or really want) access to cardio machines, I'm sooooo over them ;), I do like bootcamp sometimes, and I kind of want to buy DrillMax, but am a little afraid of that. I wish I had bought 4DS back in the fall, everyone raves about the KB and BC cardio on it, but I can't justify the cost right now for just those 2 workouts.

Hi my name is Barbara and I live in NJ about 1 1/2 hours from Cathe's gym. I am married for 22 years and have 2 boys 20 and 13. I have one fur baby lab name Cinder and he was born on 9/11/01. I am a SAHM.

Well I did Meso 1 disk 1 this morning. I think I am liking this program already. The only thing I don't like is all those push-ups but am going to keep trying to do them. I am so glad that I did the 1RM test because every weight was challenging. I did go down on one of the shoulders exercise and just made a note on the workout card. I am going to try and follow Cathe's cardio suggestion for this program.

My STS dvd's were just delivered!!:D Just wondering what everyone else thinks about the packaging. I was bummed to find the first plastic case in Meso 1 was cracked already:(

Off to check out the manual and do some previewing.

Judi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.