STS first time!

TBT Total Body Express was my workout today. Hoping for some DOMS tomorrow but it's doubtful since I lifted light weights.

We toured the hospital today where we will be having our baby. Wow...did that make it even more real. I'm excited but nervous too! Can't believe how fast it's going.

Work is almost done! Gotta sleep fast tonight since I work tomorrow AM.

Si- Sorry to hear about your back. Glad it's getting better though.

Colleen- Sorry to hear about our mom and Lydia. You sure have a lot going on right now.

Jean- Way to rock B&G :)

Betty- Have fun on your trip. Nice job on that bike ride but hope your knee feels better.

Missy- You aure stay busy. I wish I had half your energy ;)

Hi Carolyn :)

No workout for me either today Jean.

I'm at work right now just waiting for 3:15 to come around. I have to leave a bit early today so I can make my 4:00 appt. Excited!

Then I'm headed home to relax. I'm addicted to How I Met your Mother on Netflix lately.

Hello!

Ok, I got my leg w/o in today, disc 14! I lightened the deadlifts tremendously (thanks for the encouragement on that Jean) as to not aggravate my back. Feeling good and sweat like crazy! It was hard to get through for me as it's now been almost 2 weeks w/o doing legs (rest week and then only got through 14 min last week). But, I've been keeping up with my S&G for cardio and I think that is giving me some strength in my legs too.

I'm thinking of ordering some more cardio from diff videos you all have suggested. Here's what I'm thinking: Intensity, Afterburn, CardioSupersets, To The Max and Crossfire. I figure any of the videos that use weight, I will just use 1 or 2 pounds to not interfere with my 48 hr rest and to not overtrain. And I think I'm going to finally buy a step. We shall see...

I also have some workout videos (both CD and VHS) that I want to sell on line and I was wondering if any of you have any insight on that. Ebay, amazon look kind of complicated, lol but wondering if I should use those or if there is something easier and better out there for workout videos. I have The Winsor Pilates series in VHS, a bunch of Denise Austin (CD and VHS) and Gunnar Peterson's Core Secrets (DVDs). Any suggestions on where to sell? Thanks.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Glad you had a great time Carolyn :)

Speaking of CSS I think I'll bust that one out right now....but no extra step portion and modifications will be made.

Lunch with my dad at 1 and then work at 3.

Have a good day everyone!

Good Afternoon ladies!!!! I am in my office this afternoon. Trying to catch up a little. EOB's stacked so high!!! I need to post all of these payments!!! I always fill in for everyone when they are out, but nobody does my work when I am out.....Not fair???? Oh well, I guess it comes with the job title!!! :)

Si, As Carolyn said....we bith love selling on ebay!!! This is my thoughts.....I think if some one bids on an item, it normally sells for more than the buy it now price. hahaha :) I always list with a auction price and buy it now. Deffinately research it first to see what they sell for. Also, with fitness dvd's.....if it is not an emergency....you may want to wait till December. Everyone's goes crazy for there new years resolution!!!!! :)

I miss chatting all day.

Okay, gotta run. I will check back later!

Hello again....

Tonight, I am going to be busy...here is my scheudle:

Go home....Horse vet will be there to do shots....go get 20 bales of hay.....cook and eat dinner....workout!!!!! Wow, its going to be tight, but I can do it! Good thing my husband will be there to help.

Betty---How is your leg?

Jean---I hope your back is feeling better. Rest is normally the best for back pain.

Where is everyone???? The day I have a few minutes, no one to chat with!

Marie---I am sure you enjoyed the trip to the hosp. Are all ready for the baby at home? And how is your new appartment?

Okay...be back later....after I workout!!! :)

Hi!

Finally checking in. :eek: The last few days were a little touch and go with my mom but she seemed to have finally turned a corner late last night. Long story short...they were going to do a colonoscopy because they couldn't figure out why her hemoglobin was still going down but then for some mysterious reason it rebounded last night and they cancelled the colonoscopy. It sounds like they are going to discharge her tomorrow. I just talked to her and she seems to be in pretty good spirits. They did have someone come in and talk to her about her depression issue...I'm not sure if she will follow up with it or not. I get worried that once she's back at home she'll fall back in to old (bad) habits. I guess we'll just have to see.

As for Lydia, she was totally fine the next day! :rolleyes: I took the day off of work and she was all bouncy and happy practically from the moment she woke up. I was like, seriously? lol Kids bounce back quickly!

This week I've been doing my light/stretchy/recovery week. I've been going through all my Ellen's and doing them. Monday was Power Fusion, Tuesday Fat Burning Fusion, today was Barefoot Cardio and tomorrow will be Grace and Gusto. :) I can tell I totally needed a recovery week! Especially with all the stress going on and on top of that it's ttotm for me. Okay, gotta run but I'll try to be back and write more personals!

TTYL

Carolyn- the HC's do get easier and your abs and low back get stronger! Then it's time to buy volume 3!:p Hee! Seriously, though, my DOMS started to subside and at first I was disappointed until I started realizing the benefits my stronger core were giving me. I was suddenly able to do all these other moves in Cathe's workouts with ease like all the plank type moves in AB and CSS, running man in AB, the dive bomber push ups and even doing plyometrics/jumping seemed easier! Definitely kept me motivated to keep doing the HC workouts! :D

Say- has anyone heard any info on XTrain as far as filming or any progress?

Okay, off to do Grace and Gusto!

Greetings!

How is everyone? I'm great. I'm eating sooo much food! It is sunny with cool, dry air! My hair loves it! Rarely see it like this at home.

Oh, the turbulence on the way up was so scary!:eek:

My leg is back to normal after a couple of days of achiness. Guys, don't get the wrong impression:eek:--I am not a dedicated or frequent biker. My guys and I did a bike trail in Cape Cod. Scenic, paved flat, so very pleasant. I like that there's no traffic to avoid, but I'd get saddle sores if two days in a row:eek:.

Jean, true that I was cruising along and it felt great! Until I started feeling the twinge. Then all of a sudden I felt exhausted and barely finished. Must be age:eek:!

We used to ride several Cape Cod trails in the summer, but seem to do it less and less recently.

Carolyn, how was Story Land? Awesome you got a run in!

Colleen, great to hear the news on mum! Super you're having an EB week!

Till next time! Have a great day!

Hello ladies!!

I'm at the town pool with the kids right now typing this on my wee blackberry keyboard. :eek:
I had today off so I finished off my recovery week with Jeanette Jenkins power yoga. I usually just do the 4th chapter which is the 45 minute power flow but today for the first time I decided to do the whole entire thing. 80 minutes!!!:eek: that is a really stinkin' long time to do yoga, let me tell ya! Lol

My mom is back home now and resting. She didn't get much sleep while she was in the hospital so my dad says she's pretty much been sleeping all day. Hopefully things will turn around for her but only time will tell.

Well, like you said carolyn when it rains it pours. I've been dealing with more drama...this time it's a problem with my sister's friend. Over the years, I've sort of tolerated this girl but I'm not a huge fan since she is extremely judgemental, jumps around from job to job and has a problem with every one and also is sort of a booze hound. Well, lately she's been all high and mighty and talking trash talk about my sister to me (my sister is my best friend and yet this girl suddenly wants to be my best friend and dump my sister). It's all been coming to a head and I finally told my sister about it. I didn't want to as I knew how much it would hurt her...and here I am stuck in this awkward situation. :( blech!

Okay, my thumbs are getting numb! Lol sorry for any typos!! :p

Hello!

Yesterday I did biceps and back disc 15 of meso 2. Yay! I now officially finished week 1 of meso 2. My biceps are so sore today! Wow!!! And, my back seems to be totally better! Yay.

Today I will do some cardio and I'm so excited because I ordered a bunch of videos and a a step!!! So, I will be having lots more fun with cardio and Cathe! I ordered To the Max, Cross Fire, Step Jump Pump/Step Blast (deal of day prices nice), AfterBurn, CardioSuperSets and Intensity. And I'm super excited for XTrain too!!! Loving STS so far and am definitely stronger. I'll start week 2 on Sunday and be back to check in next week.

Hope you all enjoy your weekend. :D

Been a busy couple days over here in MN! I have been keeping up with all the posts though :) Been working on the house. It's slowly getting there. The crib, dresser and changing table are all ready for pickup so I'm going to do that tomorrow :) Can't wait! Yesterday both Tony and I were off. We went to Minnehaha Falls and walked the stairs for a bit. No workout today. I worked the day shift today and do the same the next 3 days. Tonight we have a BBQ with friends. Quite honestly I would rather hang out at home. This mama is tired. It starts at 730 and I fully plan on leaving by 9. I have to get up at 545 tomorrow...ugh! Ok enough complaining already. Lots of movement from baby lately. Loving watching my stomach move all around. I'm going to totally miss being pregnant but I can't wait to meet my baby boy.

Slow at work today!

Carolyn- my mom lives about 45 minutes away. It's tough because this has been a life long problem for her that she refuses to get help for or acknowledge. It's been pretty draining on our whole family, actually. We all have hope though after this incident. First she needs to rest up and recover!

As far as my sister's friend thing, my sister was really hurt at first. Of course, now she's just plain mad! She's like "WTH, who does she think she is??" Exactly. I still can't believe this girl thought she would just stop being friends with my sister and become my bestie :rolleyes:. That girl has a major current of crazy going on there, seriously!

Good luck with the party today!

Si- you are going to LOVE those videos! They are seriously challenging though, so look out! :eek:

Marie- how did the BBQ go last night? I totally sympathize with wanting to get out and get to bed early! You have a baby to rest up for! ;) It's so cute I can just hear you nesting with all the stuff you guys are doing. It's a powerful instinct! :D

Betty- I hope your having fun in Canada! Airplane turbulence is the worst! It freaks me out every time!!

Jean- great job on Muscle Max! That's one dvd I don't have. I actually had it, tried it once and then traded it on VF. Silly me! I can't even remember what it was like!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Hi Ladies!

My apologies for being gone so long. I was feeling really down and dark about everything, and couldn't summon the energy to go online. Then we had a 2 week vacation to Cape Cod and I started to feel better, but was still staying off the computer. But I am getting back into my routine now.

Vacation was wonderful. My sister came from CA for the whole 2 weeks, and my 2 grown nieces came for a week, and it was great to spend time with them. I think I appreciated the leisurely pace of Cape Cod most of all. We would get up in the morning and have a cup of coffee and a chat, then go for a long walk, then come back and read the paper, and then typically head to the beach. I find I don't want to spend alot of time in the direct sun anymore, so this was perfect. Sometimes we would walk into town to browse the shops. I know it doesn't sound very exciting but it was just what I needed.

We had a few family birthdays while we were on vacation too, my sister's, mine, and my twins turned 13. Yikes, we ate alot of cake! My girls are having a small birthday party tomorrow with friends.

I did Travel Fit a couple of times while away. So then yesterday I did Lower Body Blast and today did TBT upper. I am trying to alternate between cardio and weights, and I am looking forward to Xtrain.

Haven't caught up on all the posts, but Colleen, so glad your Mom is back home, that must have been very worrying. Carolyn, hope your daughter has a blast at her party, you must be very creative to make a Cuda cake. Marie, how exciting to finally be in your own place, and your baby will be here before you know it. Such a joyful time anticipating his arrival! Jean, you are almost done with STS again?! How many rounds is this? Great job, and great job working the legs! Betty, hope you are enjoying your trip!

Going to do some back to school shopping later today - we don't start until the 6th, seems late. Later everyone!

Yay! Mary, sooo great to hear from you! Leaving for wedding soon. Just wanted to welcome you back!:). Will post another time.

Jean I think you are going to love Body Beast! It seems like a lot of people who enjoy lifting heavy are loving this program on VF! Have fun!

Welcome back Mary!! :D Your vacation sounds just like the kind I like! No frantic running around...just relaxed. Awesome!

Hello. Long time to talk. I was so extremely busy last week, I never got time to get on the computer. I have been exercising though!!!!

Today, I did a competition on my elliptical and came in 1st place. It took me to a resistance of 15!! OMG!!! It was tough but I made it!!!

Looking forward to reading everyones post tomorrow. It is after 10 pm and I just wanted to say hi!!! I will be back in the morning to chat!!!

Missed all of you and hope all is well with everyone and there families!!! :)

Good Night!!!!

Good Monring and Happy Sunday!!!

Yesterday, Tim and I hung out all day together. I did squeeze in my exercise though!!! Today, its chores, chores, chores!!!!

I am going to try to do Tri Sets in its entirety!!!!

Also, just came in from my garden....my pumpkins are growing, not the actual pumpkins but its flowering like crazy and the vines are getting big!!! Very exciting!

The second weekend in September Tim and I are going on vacation....We are going to a state park in Georgia called Providence Cannon ...like the Grand Cannon. And then we are going to the beach also. Sounds like fun. I will take lots of pictures to share!!!!! We are very excited...we have not went away like this for along time.

Colleen---Glad to hear that your mom is doing better and Lydia bounced back quickly!!!

Carolyn---isn't that the great thing about Cathe!!! She keeps us is top chape so we can do anything!!!

I have been training for my next 5K (which is The last Saturday in October) Looking forward to it!!! I just love doing them!!! Call me crazy, but I am very competitive!!! hahahaha

Jean---I am like that too. I would rather do my work myself. No-one at my office would ever begin to know how to do the billing and coding!!! And I keep it that away. It's just a figure of speech....when my girls go on vacation....they come back and just pick up, not work stacked on there desk!!! But, the doctors realize what I do and do appreciate it!!! :)

Okay...gotta go do my morning exercise!!! Be back!!!! :p

Carolyn---The cats take care of themselves....As long as they have food and water and a clean liter pan, they will be fine. We will only be gone 1 night/ 2 days. The horses...Tim's mom will feed and water. And...Summer (dog) she comes with us everywhere!!!! She has never been seperated from us! I think she would have a panic attack if we left her. :)

We are looking forward to it.

Okay...I have to get off of this computer. I need to exercise!!!!! :)

Well, today I did something a little different than what I had planned. I was going to do HC Bootcamp but I suddenly really felt the urge for lifting. I haven't hardly done any weight lifting since I got into HC with the exception of metabolic workouts with light weights and some kettlebell workouts. So, I dug out STS Total Body. The weights felt soooo good! :D I omitted the abs/core section (stopping at the 53 minute mark) and finished with 20 minutes of a Horizontal Conditioning workout. I just wanted to get enough HC to satisfy that craving but after a week off 20 minutes was puhlenty!:eek::eek:

Carolyn- I'm glad your party went well! Be careful with running! I'd say if your knee feels even a wee bit wonky you'll want to be extra careful. The knee is a Diva!

Missy- your vacation sounds like it's going to be really fun!

Jean- do you have the STS total body dvd? It's such a nice mix where she goes back and forth alternating legs and upper body. The only thing she does that I avoid is the upright rows with the barbell. I always substitute other various moves for that as I've read it's not necessarily a safe move for shoulders. I'll usually try to hit the rear delts in some way while she does that one as I think those could use more work. I did rear delt flies instead. I think I'm getting better at those...they used to bother my neck but not so much these days.

Time to hop in the shower!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.