STS first time!

Hello everyone,
Thanks for the warm welcome the other day. I just finished my first week of STS meso 1! I'm hoping that if I started on Wed. it might work out easier for me. Right now I am completely out of breath. I felt bad about not getting any cardio in over the weekend so I started with 4DS H I. Now after doing the legs (Disc 3) I am a complete sweaty mess.

I must say from week 1 that I cannot do even 1 proper pullup but am trying the best way I can. And the superman push ups I'm not there either among other things I can't think of right now. Overall it sure does feel good to know I have my workout in and am off for the rest of the day.

I hope everyone is finding the time they need to get in your workouts and your able to stick with it. I'll be starting some new things over the next few weeks as well so I'm hoping I can stick with it myself. I am glad I have the STS system... Looking forward to those results!:)

Carolyn--I do wear them with skirts too. But thats it!!!! HEHEHE :) I do have that DVD, but I have never done it!!! Maybe I will fit it in this week. I get hung up on cerain workouts and then I push the others aside. Right now, its AB, HST, CSS, B&G!!!

Okay, I have some serious work to do this afternoon.

Be back later! :p

Mer, are you going on vacation or a business trip tomorrow? Safe travels and have fun regardless! I re-did a couple of weeks of Meso ?2, because I went to Italy back in the spring. I'm so happy for your KPC! (Great advice, Jean!) I did Kick Max today, and I like it more and more. I didn't have too much trouble with all the leg conditioning drills, which is a pleasant surprise. I even got to do the med ball abs with a partner for the first time. Too short though!

Carolyn, I have not pre-ordered yet either. I thought I would have months before the sale is over, but now we've only got another week. Go and post the question of whether you'll see firewalkers on sale, or it could end up being a subliminal suggestion.;) Today's sale is the discs, so I don't see why not. I don't need any more workouts either. Such a shame not to use the extra free shipping though.

Divebombers are a mystery to me too.

Colleen, I like that you give us a glimpse of VF, esp all the haters. (I already spend too much time on this forum.) I can't understand why there are such complainers out there. Cathe is so professional and first-class. This time around the pre-sale is shorter, but, alas, it doesn't make the workouts come out earlier.

Thanks for the cooler weather wishes. As has been a pattern for a while, Mon and Tues have drier air (so nice out right now), but starting Wednesday, yup, you guessed it! We didn't get the rain Carolyn and Jean got at all.

Good going finishing week 1, GAMom! (What's your name?) Legs are tough in STS, I'll have to agree. But I do like it that in Mesos 2 & 3, legs are the middle workout. We'll be here to cheer you onto whatever you choose to work out to.

Missy, we're rooting for you and Tim to start STS on Tuesday!

Si, I think there are 10 of us now, including GAmom and Mary (come back!). Help! What foods do you recommend eating to alleviate eczema?

Jean, I did peek at a few minutes of the Road Trip. Is Jessie that young tall boy leading step? How sweet that he is so into Cathe!

Last edited:
Work was crazy last night so I didn't have time to post. I was on the Chem Dep unit and I had 6 patients plus an admit. The other nurses each had 6, 5, and 4 patients. Tell me how this is a fair assignment. The charge nurse was sitting on her big butt all night night eating and googling random stuff- she was useless. Oh well. I do like to be busy and that I was. At the very end of the shift, the nurse aide came out of one of the pt room's and said he looks a little blue. We checked on him and immediately called a code. This pt was admitted to the unit that evening and was super high when he came in. He got some medications at the hospital emergency department he was at before he came to us and they possibility gave him too him. He was all over the place- stumbling, trying to hit on the nurses and just being an, excuse the language, ass. Anyways, the code team had to eventually intubate him and then send him to the ICU. We did the "down to the gown" search and didn't find any drugs upon admit so we are wondering if the ED doped him up enough to OD him or if somehow he had a stash of drugs that he took on the way over or even on our unit. When patients are admitted to our unit we have them strip down and then put on a gown. We allow them to do this in privacy but then check the bathroom, the clothes they were wearing and their body for drugs. However, when they are changing there is a possibility that they could have something stashed on them and then take it while changing. I just hope everything turns out ok cuz he was not looking good last night when they had to transfer him. Wow, sorry for that long story.

Back to talking about working out :) I'm think 4DS LIS today.

Jean- I'm with Carolyn and Missy. No undies for me. They are so annoying to workout in. I usually wear them when I'm not working out, usually being the key word. I'm all about thongs though. With my big 'ol booty everything else just rides up and in haha and ends up being a thong anyways.

Carolyn- Preorder girl...come on :) I feel ya though. I kept waiting for GS Legs to go on DOTD. I still haven't tried it. I'm gonna have so many new workouts after baby is born :) Stoked! Thanks for the heads up on the puzzle mats. My mom has a Sam's membership so I'm gonna have to check those out :) Hope you had a kick butt workout today!

Colleen- I'm really going to have to check out this HC. You only have good things to say about it. So hard for me to get away from Cathe though. I have been feeling real good, thanks. I've been working out about 3 or 4 days a week now and have just been taking it easy...light lifting and easy cardio workouts. Of course this means modifying Cathe. Pushups on the knees. I feel like I could still do some on my toes but I promised myself I wouldn't push it. Tony now comes down to check on me to make sure I'm not working out too hard. Too cute! Hopefully I'll look semi decent today and I'll take another belly pic. I'll for sure post if I do :)

Si- Glad you are loving Meso 2. It is definitely more organized and has less pushups for sure.

Missy- Sounds like you and hubby had a productive weekend :) Rock that AB tonight. That is always a good one to get back on schedule with!

GAMom- Congrats on finishing M1W1. Keep up the good work :)

Yikes, Marie, that was a close call for the patient! I like your work stories so keep them coming. We were posting at the same time!

Take it easy on your workouts. You just gave me an awesome visual, a woman in her third trimester doing pushups on her toes to Cathe!

And I can't state enough about enjoying your free time, napping, couple time, resting your growing body, all that selfish stuff.;)

Thanks Betty! I had to laugh at your visual. Does sound pretty funny :) Jean- My next appt is the 21st....every other week now. I love it! My BFF is not sure of the sex yet but will find out very soon. I have a feeling it's a girl. Workout went good today. I decided to do back and chest from HIS instead of the lifting from LIS which has core included....not really into core latey ;) Have a good night everyone :)

Quickie check in!

I did Afterburn today! :D So awesome. I'm starting to get really good at that one since I do it so often. I feel like I could practically do it with my eyes closed at this rate! I may have to try the extreme premix sometime. It's actually shorter...I think she cuts the rest periods down to make it more challenging?

Great job on Plyo legs Jean! See, it's not so bad with the jumping right?;) I think you would love Ellen Barrett. She is perfect for when you want some movement but feel beat up or tired. I'm so sorry about your BIL and the cancer. Your sister must be dealing with some serious stress in that house:(.

Have fun with your relaxing family day Carolyn! No need to fill the day with activities...just chilling with the family is always awesome I think! :)

Later girls!

Here I am at work with nothing to do. Gotta like having time to read the forums :) I hardly slept last night----like 3 hours. I slept in on Monday since it was my day off but then it was hard to get to sleep last night. I'm excited to get home and put on my pj's. No workout for me. I'm gonna go through a couple more boxes and get the basement a bit more organized but then I'm going to lay on my couch and watch a movie. We aren't getting cable at the new place but we do have Netflix and Hulu. If anyone could recommend a good chic flick I would love it. Goal for the night is to be in bed at 10. I work tomorrow days too so I'll be up at 5:30.

Colleen- Way to rock AB. I'm going to have to check out that extreme premix after baby. I'm thinking my AB days are over til then.

Carolyn- Glad you are having a relaxing day with the family! How nice that your husband got to take the day off.

Jean- Sounds like you had a great workout! I haven't done any of the plyo leg workouts yet. I was about to start Meso 3 when I first found out I pregnant and my Dr advised no heavy lifting so I just skipped the whole cycle.

Betty- Had to add something about Jesse. He was so good at step. Everyone on the roadtrip loved him. I talked to him once in the lobby at the hotel. He was a nice guy- pretty quiet and kept to himself. Man does he love Cathe though :) He was right behind her during all the workouts! So fun to see!

Tic tock...is it 3:30 yet?!

Good Evening! Sorry I have been MIA. Last night was a long evening. My husband and I was trying to save a kitten's life. It was so young, maybe a few days old. I took it to work with me today, but it died in my hands this evening. It was too far gone. I have been so upset....we barried it in the back yard tonight. So we were both in tears. We are such animal lovers. My heart is truely for the four legged! All I can say, is we tried so hard. :(:(:(

Maybe tomorrow will be a better day. :)

I am very tired, I will chat tomorrow. Oh, it will be evenings since I will be working front desk for 3 weeks while my receptionist is on vacation in California. :(

Good Night!

Good Morning! Check a quick check in before heading out to work. I did an hour of cardio this morning! Now I am sitting on the computer with Boots (my cat) sitting in my lap!!!

My husband and I went to bed early last night (9:15). We were so tired. Woke up bright eyed this morning and ready for my workout!!!

I am planning on doing CSS tonight and then taking Summer (my dog) for a walk.

I have not had time to read in the open discussion or others lately. How is Cathe's Dad doing? And, any news on Xtrain?

Okay, I need to get up and go to work. Chat later. Have a nice day! :)

Today's Deals:

Gym Style: Back, Shoulders and Biceps Exercise DVD
Power Hour +Maximum Intensity

Thought I would help you out Carolyn!!! :)

Hi everyone!

This morning we had t-storms, which passed, and now the sun's out (hot though), and it doesn't feel tropical yet (read: humid!), like it was predicted. I think the sun is temporary, and we'll get more storms later.

I did the PUB/PLB premix today. Really like it! And for the first time, noticed the high step topper is how Meredith described! Two ends glued together! I don't know why I've never noticed before!

Next Tuesday we're leaving for Canada, so I will do all lifting/muscle conditioning workouts going forward.

Missy, so sorry you experienced such heartbreak! You have such a generous heart. As Carolyn pointed out, the poor kitty felt such love during its last moments. So sad:(.

Jean, good job on continuing the stretch! Your muscles love you for it! High five on the Plyo Legs too! I hated PL, and lunges, and squats!

That butter pecan cake sounds divine! I love the frosting part of a cake!:eek: I'll send good wishes to your bro-in-law that he beats this. To your sister too, for the never-ending stress she is enduring.

I don't know what distemper is. You know all about animals too. Bless you gals who love and care for animals.

Marie, I second no cable. Good for you! (Hulu.com, Carolyn, is a site that shows past tv shows, but not all of them.) I can't think of movies for you, but I do watch and like many. For next time, here's a couple: Midnight in Paris and Friends with Benefits.

How old is Jesse? He seems like a teenager! So he goes to many roadtrips?

Carolyn, good for your hubby that he had the day off! It's good for the soul. I hear you on everyone wanting to go in different directions and end up going nowhere! What's important is that you all spent time together! So glad you got the Cycle Max wringing-out!:D

Last edited:
I slept so well last night. I was in bed by 8:30 :) I ended up watching (don't judge) Bachelor Pad. Me and my reality shows. Gotta love Hulu. Carolyn- Betty decribed it well. It's free too. You can pay to get more access but they are plenty of shows that are free and with limited ads too!

Done with work at 3:30 and then headed to Costco to stock up on food. Yay for no more roommates :) Everything I buy will be eaten by Tony or I :)

I'm going to make my Gramma's Antipasta Salad for dinner. It's so good :)

Here's the recipe..

2 cans regular cut green beans
1 can black olives
1 jar green olives
2 small cans sliced mushrooms
Carton of cherry tomatoes
Sliced onions
Green pepper
Italian dressing to taste
Accent to taste

No workout today either. I decided if I work days I just going to take it easy when I egt home. I have Fri, Sat and Sun off though so I'll do something light those days.

Missy- I am so sorry about that kitty. I'm glad you and your husband were there to care for it while you could. I love that you are such an animal lover!

Carolyn- Thanks for the update on ebay. I always forget to look at that site. I have to make it one of my favorites :) Hope HS went well!

Jean- Way to always get the extended stretch in! You are so good!

Betty- Thanks for the movie recommendations! I love Friends with Benefits but will have to check out Midnight in Paris :) Jesse's first roadtrip was the one I went on last year. I think he is in his teens still so his mom has to go with him.

Last edited:
Evening ladies! :)

Today was HC volume 4. Still oh so hard!! I'm slowly getting better at that one but there is this move at the end that I just struggle with. She has you do suicide push ups with your feet up on the ball and your hands on the step. I'm all over the place!:eek: A lady at my HC check in on VF suggested anchoring the ball against something to start with until I get it down. I'm like "duh" why didn't I think of that? lol Hopefully next time it'll go better doing it that way.

Carolyn- yay for getting the HC in! That is so cute your daughter wanted Cuda as her birthday party theme. :D School is coming up really fast! Have you gotten all the back to school stuff/shopping done yet? I got all the school supplies but I'm slacking on new clothes. I figure they have plenty to get them started and I'll just pick up a few warm weather clothes after they start back. I just hate buying fall and winter clothes in 90 degree weather!:confused:

Missy- I'm so sorry about the kitty. How heartbreaking. :( Like Carolyn said, how wonderful you could give the kitty some love and tenderness in it's last moments, though. You're such a sweet person. :)

Marie- Thanks for the recipe! I may have to try that sometime. Isn't it nice to buy your food and know others won't be mooching off you? I bet it's also nice when you clean your place and there isn't a bunch of guys making a huge mess! When you clean, it'll stay clean! ;)

Betty- You're going to Canada? Cool! Is it for vacation or visiting family? My mom is actually a naturalized citizen and was originally Canadian so we have some of her family up there still. I haven't been up there in a loooong time, though:eek:. I'm such a slacker when it comes to keeping in touch with extended family!

Jean- are you noticing a difference in how you feel with the stretching? Is it making you feel better/more limber, etc? Great job!:D

Nighty night!

Good Evening! We left work @ 4:15 today! Yeah!!!

Came home and got busy working out!!! Then cooked dinner, ate...and now I am relaxing. So nice to get home an hour earlier than normal. If only I could do that everyday! hehehe

Thankyou for being so thoughtful. I was so sad...but you girls made me feel better. Thanks :)

Carolyn---I am alwys so busy, but I try to make time to get on the computer. For the next few weeks, it will be inpossible during the day. But next month I will be back to poping in all the time. :) I will still get on here in the evenings this month. So, make sure you give me something to read!!!

Funny story....first of all there is a younger girl that lives about 3 houses down the street. She is kinda stuffy, so we don't chat unless I pass here on the street running, then all it is, is a hi! So, I havent seen her out lately....so tonight, my husband said, come look...that girl is running up the road and it looks as if she is in trouble. I said what do you mean by that, he said she has on sweet pants and looks like she has gained 20 pounds. She must have forgot to exercise these past few months. HAHAHAHA :) He is so funny! :p

Okay...Marie---So glad to hear you are enjoying living on your own. I am so happy for ya!!! Enjoy that salad. It sounds yummy. I may have to try it. I love salads myself. I bet it is nice not having to clean up after slobbs too!!!

Jean---I just love that entended stretch! It is so relaxing. I want to know, do you still use you elliptical? I just love mine. I use it at least 4 times a week.

Okay...off to take the dog for a walk!!! BBL!!! :)

Afternoon ladies :)

Today I did a kettlebell workout (Lauren Brooks volume 1, 40 min). So nice to get those kettlebell ones in. I always feel kettlebell training works my back nicely.

Some not so good news...my mom may end up in the hospital. She had a bleeding ulcer last year that landed her in the hospital, actually taken there by ambulance at that time. It seems she may be having that issue again and my dad is trying to get her to go in. Unfortunately, she usually refuses. Very frustrating situation there. I'm still waiting to hear more on that...we'll see.

Carolyn- have fun at the beach! So glad HoCo gave you some good DOMS. :D

Jean- what kind of elliptical do you have again? It's okay to take breaks from things once in awhile. Sometimes I get burned out on a particular thing and if I try to go back to it without really feeling it and being excited to do it, it feels like more work than a workout. The elliptical will still be there when you are itching to do it again.

TTYL

Hi ladies,

Colleen, I hope your mom goes in to get her ulcer looked at, or troubleshoot and treat what's ailing her. Try not to worry. (((((Sending you and her good wishes.))))) :)

We are going to Calgary and Banff for a family wedding, so all of us are going, and flying. Where's your mom from?

Jean, I believe mini-natty is in Toronto? I think she's in a forum group and they are running a thread like ours, but not close!;) I agree that I have traveled a lot this year! Normally I go to CA and visit my sister once a year and that's it. I am grateful!:)

Carolyn, hope you had fun at the beach. It is hot in the sun, but in shade, the breeze (if there is one) feels nice. Almost makes you forget there's humidity. Almost.;) Seriously though, I think the humidity has diminished from oppressive to nearly tolerable. No doubt it'll be wonderful weather when we're not home to enjoy it. You've been getting a lot of t-storms! We had showers last evening, but sun today.

Do you still take your kids to Story Land? Isn't that the cutest park? It is just my speed!

That was a good description of your HC doms!:D Idk if I've ever felt like I'd been hit by a semi!

Summer is all about switching up the workouts, or suspending them, if you want. Give the running or treadmill or whatever a vacation, and you'll love it all the more when you restart.

I better remember to preorder by Monday before I go!:eek:

Have a great evening!

Last edited:
Hey gals,

Slow day on here.

I did ME today, and boy, did I not remember how thoroughly it works you! The only thing missing was maybe calves. I like that it did abs. Those leg presses were endless! I was interrupted so many times that it took an eternity to complete!

Canadians are very nice people, Jean. This coming from a notoriously not-so-friendly area as Boston.;) Thanks for the preorder reminder. I put it on a note on my desk.

Carolyn, isn't there the SAVE15 coupon you could use on the firewalker bands? Try it.

Aren't you sick of putting daily sunblock on your kids? Mine complain so much about putting it on, and it's only once in a while that it's needed.

Have a nice weekend, all.

Carolyn, that's awesome! Sounds like so much fun! I love Story Land! We took my kids there for 5-6 summers in a row. I can still remember the bamboo chutes tune, and the polar coaster ride is about all the drop my little ole heart can take!:eek: Tubing would scare me to death though! Have a super time!

My niece and nephew in CA started school yesterday. How about that??

Don't forget to preorder! Try the SAVE15 code on the bands!

ttyl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.